Dir. of Football Operations

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, USMNT, Foggia

Posted 03 August 2011 - 03:07 PM

Fick Mexiko

U.S. team will be named tomorrow.

This report (via Ives) sez Timmy Chandler has been called.

#2 BassplayersFC

BassplayersFC

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,514 posts
  • Supports:B&GFC

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:52 AM

"The MNT Roster for the Aug. 10 game vs. Mexico will be released today on ussoccer.com around 1 p.m. ET...Stay tuned!"

#3 BassplayersFC

BassplayersFC

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,514 posts
  • Supports:B&GFC

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:01 PM

GOALKEEPERS (2): Bill Hamid (D.C.United), Tim Howard (Everton)

DEFENDERS (8): Carlos Bocanegra (Saint-Etienne), Edgar Castillo (Club America), Timmy Chandler (FC Nürnberg), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover 96), Clarence Goodson (Brondby), Michael Orozco Fiscal (San Luis), Heath Pearce (Chivas USA), Tim Ream (New York Red Bulls)

MIDFIELDERS (7): Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Michael Bradley (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Ricardo Clark (Eintracht Frankfurt), Maurice Edu (Rangers), Jermaine Jones (Schalke 04), Brek Shea (FC Dallas), José Torres (Pachuca)

FORWARDS (5): Freddy Adu (Benfica), Juan Agudelo (New York Red Bulls), DaMarcus Beasley (Puebla), Edson Buddle (FC Ingolstadt), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles Galaxy)

#4 Zero Cool

Zero Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts
  • Interests:Football
  • Supports:Google+

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:01 PM

GOALKEEPERS (2): Bill Hamid (D.C.United), Tim Howard (Everton)
DEFENDERS (8): Carlos Bocanegra (Saint-Etienne), Edgar Castillo (Club America), Timmy Chandler (FC Nürnberg), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover 96), Clarence Goodson (Brondby), Michael Orozco Fiscal (San Luis), Heath Pearce (Chivas USA), Tim Ream (New York Red Bulls)
MIDFIELDERS (7): Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Michael Bradley (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Ricardo Clark (Eintracht Frankfurt), Maurice Edu (Rangers), Jermaine Jones (Schalke 04), Brek Shea (FC Dallas), José Torres (Pachuca)
FORWARDS (5): Freddy Adu (Benfica), Juan Agudelo (New York Red Bulls), DaMarcus Beasley (Puebla), Edson Buddle (FC Ingolstadt), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles Galaxy)

EDSON!!!!
Zero Cool winner of the 2012 ALMOST Goal of the Year
Isaac: So when I told you guys we were on it, I meant to say we're on the motherfucker, go back in there and relax...

#5 ChaosCk

ChaosCk

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
  • Supports:L.A. Galaxy

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:16 PM

when do they report to camp? is Donovan going to be here for the game vs. Dallas saturday?

#6 jamesey

jamesey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,991 posts
  • Supports:LA/USA

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:20 PM

congrats brek shea.
Posted Image

...ooooh ooooooooh we are the riot squad...

#7 S.Bones

S.Bones

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:23 PM

Comments

Initial thought is that JK is opening the door to Bradley's doghouse: Buddle, Beasley (I know, I know), Agudelo, Torres, Beckerman, Castillo are all people who disappeared from the mix during Bradley's reign.

The non inclusion of Jozy may not mean that much - he's trying to settle with his new team in Holland.

I think Deuce was left out because Fulham is already playing in Europe.

• Forwards: No Herculez! This is bad - I thought he played great in the WC and his main fault was the contrast of his classy play with Jozy's made Jozy look bad, which made Bob look bad, which put Herc on the bench. I'm really baffled that he was left out in favor of, I'm guessing, Beasley. Buddle has barely played with his 2nd division German team. I think the manlove for him is a bit overwrought right now. Adu earned the look with his play in the last Mexico match. Obviously, JK doesn't see what Bob saw in Wondolwisckowkavechawiz or whatever his name was. And thankfully, the Ed Johnson ear is mercifully over. But he's still in the news.
  • Midfield: I'm glad to see Beckerman back in, and I'm curious to see how Shea will mix in, and of course, I'm glad to see Torres. I'm baffled by Clark - I think the international game is too fast for him, and I think Klinsmann is going to want his midfield to be more flexible than Bob, which is bad for Ricardo. But right for Beckerman and Shea, who seem to be pretty creative.
  • Defense: No Gooch - is his time over? Glad to see Castillo and Orozco get a look - that tells me JK wants to play out of the back rather than hoof it upfield and hope. And apparently, Borenstien was right to be panicked by Bob's departure.
  • Keepers: Doesn't matter until Timmy gets old - he'll be find through at least '14.

#8 S.Bones

S.Bones

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:28 PM

congrats brek shea.
Posted Image

And a pony!

Shea is a "real" American - he's from the South, he went to a Christian high school, and his dad played college football at Virginia Tech.

Update: and the ink is a line from the Bible: Philippians 4:13 "I can do all this through him who gives me strength." This a classic misappropriation of the verse, not it's use as a tattoo, but as a biblical version of those inspirational statements that show up on coffee cups and lockerroom walls. In context, the writer is somewhat sarcastically rejoicing in his "ability" to endure all kinds of hardship and seeming failure, rather than thanking Jesus for his ability to kick a ball, or drive a car fast, or sing real purty, as it's usually quoted.

Me, I think he'll think differently of the tat in five years. Right now, I'll be glad if he brings a little creativity to the midfield.

#9 The Manwich

The Manwich

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,001 posts
  • Interests:Live Slow, Die Whenever
  • Supports:Slap & Pickle FC

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:38 PM

I wanna see this!

4-3-3

--------------------Howard
Timmy C. - Goodson - Boca - Castillo
------------Beckerman - Jones
---------------------Torres
Donovan---------------------------Adu
---------------------Buddle

I'm hoping for a good game!

#10 haggis

haggis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,438 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Cheebs, Kebabs, Curry Sauce, all things Axl Huckleberry and my anxiety-ridden beagle, and my wife who is my life (not necessarily in that order)<br /><br />But, he's a good beagle!
  • Supports:Galaxy, Rangers, and Good Beer!

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:08 PM

I wanna see this!

4-3-3

same here.....

edit: would have liked to see Omar get another cap too.
Judas: "We welcomed you with open arms, but will be seeing you off with the 2 finger salute!"

BMAB: Drunkenese for By Me Another Beer!
"For fear that one drink will be lonesome, take another to keep it company, and another to keep the peace between them." -Anonymous

Hey, Kool Aid!

For the love of beer, it was a pretzel!

#11 The Manwich

The Manwich

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,001 posts
  • Interests:Live Slow, Die Whenever
  • Supports:Slap & Pickle FC

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:09 PM

I posted this on FB, but Senor Bones wishes for me to post more on the boards...so here goes:

I honestly can't remember when I was this excited to see my National Team play. When Arena renewed for a secpnd cycle, I was bummed. I was more bummed when they had first announced Bradley, and suicidal when he was doing a second term. But now, now, I feel excited, happy, and eagerly waiting to see how the team plays. Klinsmann, don't let me down!

#12 jamesey

jamesey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,991 posts
  • Supports:LA/USA

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:43 PM

4-3-3

i'll drink to that.

...ooooh ooooooooh we are the riot squad...

#13 Zero Cool

Zero Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts
  • Interests:Football
  • Supports:Google+

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:44 PM

I wanna see this!

4-3-3

Actually take the game to someone...
Here here.
Zero Cool winner of the 2012 ALMOST Goal of the Year
Isaac: So when I told you guys we were on it, I meant to say we're on the motherfucker, go back in there and relax...

#14 Jeremy aka super jew price

Jeremy aka super jew price

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts
  • Supports:The G's and West Ham

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:56 PM

I posted this on FB, but Senor Bones wishes for me to post more on the boards...so here goes:

I honestly can't remember when I was this excited to see my National Team play. When Arena renewed for a secpnd cycle, I was bummed. I was more bummed when they had first announced Bradley, and suicidal when he was doing a second term. But now, now, I feel excited, happy, and eagerly waiting to see how the team plays. Klinsmann, don't let me down!

FIRE BRUCE!!

#15 Lsanchez06

Lsanchez06

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, LA Galaxy, and Chelsea FC

Posted 04 August 2011 - 02:06 PM

Tab Ramos, Martin Vasquez, and Thomas Dooley are gonna be Klinsmann's assistants for this game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users