Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

ShutUpAndTakeMyMoney.gif

Also, how is this possible that it hasn't leaked? Don't the jerseys always leak early?

They usually wait a lot longer to show it off (March) but start leaking in late January, early February.

May see it within the next couple days on:
Footyheadlines.com or
Todosobrecamisetas.com

Side note: Once I acquire the NASL throwback jerseys they used once in 2001 and then once again in 2002, I will have the complete authentic collection, which will include a lot of the game worn jerseys like the Hurricane Katrina, Military Appreciation, Pride Night, Autism Awareness and Hispanic Heritage number variations.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Yeah, i thought the same thing.  Was trying to remember previous years and could never remember a jersey unveiling this early in the offseason.  Hopefully that means good things, was just surprising.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

This club has had its share of tone-deaf moments but if this jersey is anything besides an homage to Metro it's going to be a PR mess after this teaser. I can't see them being that stupid.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

This club has had its share of tone-deaf moments but if this jersey is anything besides an homage to Metro it's going to be a PR mess after this teaser. I can't see them being that stupid.

They did something similar a few years ago. They had a close up shot of a red and black fabric and people thought it would be a red and black kit. It turned out to be a red and black material in the collar or something

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

They did something similar a few years ago. They had a close up shot of a red and black fabric and people thought it would be a red and black kit. It turned out to be a red and black material in the collar or something

Yeah but this is a whole new level. Nobody has been yelling about how RBNY would never include black stripes on the inside of the jersey or some other small detail. 

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Yeah but this is a whole new level. Nobody has been yelling about how RBNY would never include black stripes on the inside of the jersey or some other small detail. 

Agree.. And I also don't think anyone believed they'd never do a red jersey either.  I would have been surprised if that never happened.

But I did never think any Metro pinstripes would make it's way onto a Red Bulls jersey. The outside of the jersey anyway.  Especially considering black is not a color they like to use much.  Tends to be the red, the blue, yellow, and white. 

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

A red jersey won't be a disaster, people have been asking for one for years now and with the whole NY is red slogan plus the fact that it's included at the end of the video that's what I think it's going to be.

People wanting a metro jersey will most likely be disappointed though because I doubt there is anything more then something on the inside of the collar or something along those lines.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

"You Said We'd Never Do It."

Apparently our new logo is the MLS Cup

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

A red jersey won't be a disaster, people have been asking for one for years now and with the whole NY is red slogan plus the fact that it's included at the end of the video that's what I think it's going to be.

People wanting a metro jersey will most likely be disappointed though because I doubt there is anything more then something on the inside of the collar or something along those lines.

Yeah but then why show the Metrostars jersey, the Henry armband, etc? 

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

Yeah but then why show the Metrostars jersey, the Henry armband, etc? 

I took the video as the evolution of the team over the years since they pointed out all the big moments metro being the first games played, red bull arena opening, Henry signing here(I saw just his name on a jersey not an arm band), the supporters shield win... Then they went to the 7-0 win against nycfc and had NY is red chants which in my opinion is the two major signs that it's just a red jersey.

I could be wrong and it could be something more metro related but I just think it's a red jersey. That's just my opinion and takeaway from the video.

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO
As for a red jersey it already did happen, 2006 home. So never does not apply.

Edit: But I'm sure the interns wouldn't know that.

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
If anyone can't see how anything other than a Metro inspired jersey will go over like a fart in church then I can't help you. Unless they are beyond tone deaf they had to know how how everyone would react to that video and what it implied.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

As for a red jersey it already did happen, 2006 home. So never does not apply.

Edit: But I'm sure the interns wouldn't know that.

But this is the away jersey so that's how they can spin it if they have to lol

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal
If they didnt say anything and released a red jersey, things would have been fine. Front office may have even received a little praise. But, hint, intentionally or unintentionally, at something that would truly honor Metro and the dont deliver... now the red jersey will go unappreciated by many.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
It's going to be a red kit with pinstripes either on the inside or on a part of it like where the tramp stamp is.

Those hoping for an Atlanta-like kit I wouldn't get your hopes up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users