#1 Caasi Gohd

Caasi Gohd

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,780 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Pachuca

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:03 PM

After a dagger-through-the-heart goal from Juan Pablo Angel and the New York Red Bulls, Galaxy have again fallen below .500. However, Los Angeles has a chance to head to Dallas and secure 2nd place in the west on Sunday. Unfortunately for Gullit’s men, the team may be playing with the same fire that burnt them last season, having scheduled a mid-week game (for which I will not be providing a preview, as it’s not a serious game) against the Vancouver Whitecaps in their brand new stadium. On top of that, Galaxy has yet to win on the road this season.

Showdown at High Noon

As if a match which (depending on the RSL-Colorado result Thursday night) may determine the top team in the West wasn’t enough, this game also features 4 of the top 10 goal scorers in the league, including numbers 1 and 2. Landon Donovan leads the charge with 8 goals, but has been silent in his past two games. Kenny Cooper follows with 5 goals in 7 games. David Beckham and Alan Gordon each find themselves in a tie for 4th place with 3 goals apiece. Combined, these men account for 19 of the 23 goals scored by the two teams.

Dallas comes into this game fresh off a two game road trip and with a serious itch to get some goals and 3 points. The hoops have scored only 1 goal (from Kenny Cooper) in the past three games, and have managed only 1 point of a possible 9. The match against Galaxy also marks the start of a three game home-stand for FC Dallas where the team is currently 1-1-1.

Jazic? Ruiz?

According to Andrea Canales from Sideline Views, Ante Jazic may be ready to see time on the field in the mid-week friendly. If that’s the case, and pending on his performance, Gullit is likely to throw the Canadian international into the fire straight away.

On the other hand, it has now been six weeks since Ruiz went down to a harsh and unnecessary tackle from Ciaran O’Brien. Is it possible that “pescadito” will be ready to put on the #20 kit in time to face his former team?

Caasi's Expected Line-Up
** Jazic has been running and training for some time, so I expect that he might feature in the Vancouver game against the likes of Bryan Jordan, Josh Tudela, Julian Valentin, etc. If this is the case, and barring any bad news from the Weekly Update, I can see Ruud testing him right away.

----------Cronin----------
-----Franklin--Vanney-----
--Klein-----------Jazic---
---McDonald---Franchino---
--Beckham-------Randolph--
----------Donovan---------
----------Gordon----------

#2 RobertTheBruce

RobertTheBruce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,432 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy dickheads! Arsenal

Posted 12 May 2008 - 01:10 PM

After a dagger-through-the-heart goal from Juan Pablo Angel and the New York Red Bulls, Galaxy have again fallen below .500.

Add this to the Cunningham goal and we've dropped two points that would have us sitting on 10 points and in first. C'est la vie. Time to send a case of Jolt Cola to the locker room at the half to make sure the team stays awake the full 90+.

I think I'll try to break out rabbit ears for this one. Telefutura looks like shit on most digital services. Stupid bandwidth allocation priorities.

#3 gala_usa

gala_usa

Noob fo' lyfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,833 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles, USA, Bud Light

Posted 12 May 2008 - 02:54 PM

1-0 Dallas...

We need to get our shit together...
Lakers (16x Champs) Dodgers (6x Champs) Galaxy (4x Champs) Broncos (2x Champs) LA Kings (2012 Stanley Cup Champs)
USMNT (One day, one day...)
Budlight (Weekend Champ)

It doesn't matter how simplistic you make your point, there will be someone who misunderstands you.

#4 FanLA5

FanLA5

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, soccer, soccer! Reading, traveling and learning. Listening to music and researching my family history. Playing video games with my son and Webkinz with my daughter. Trying to make the world a better palce by teaching Middle school students morals and history!
  • Supports:Galaxy, Man U, USMNT

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:23 PM

[

Caasi's Expected Line-Up
** Jazic has been running and training for some time, so I expect that he might feature in the Vancouver game against the likes of Bryan Jordan, Josh Tudela, Julian Valentin, etc. If this is the case, and barring any bad news from the Weekly Update, I can see Ruud testing him right away.
-----Franklin--Vanney-----
--Klein-----------Jazic---
----------Gordon----------

[/quote]

I wouldlike to Jazic in the game, but does Vanney have to play? Franklin already has to pick up his slack from the outside, now we're gonna move him to the center, expect him to mark, and run and cover and keep the ball out of the net, maybe we should go straight to a shoot out, we would have more of a chance~ or here's a concept let's try Valentine, couldn't be worse than Vanney and then at least if our defense still sucks we can blame it on the rookies! ;)
We Suck, and the more we suck the more our tickets go up!

#5 Houndog5

Houndog5

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Arsenal

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:33 PM

this will be the start of our winning streak!

i feel it!

...or maybe i am just gassy. :(

#6 Dr1015BoB

Dr1015BoB

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Interests:Beer, astronomy, beer, soccer, beer, Kubrick, beer, Beatles, beer.
  • Supports:Galaxy, Alianza FC

Posted 12 May 2008 - 04:15 PM

Unfortunately for Gullit’s men, the team may be playing with the same fire that burnt them last season, having scheduled a mid-week game (for which I will not be providing a preview, as it’s not a serious game) against the Vancouver Whitecaps in their brand new stadium.

The Whitecaps haven't finished their stadium have they? I thought that thing was being built at the pace of Red Bull Park.

I don't know about this game. Any good coach can see that if you shut down LD then the Galaxy really has nothing. We won't get better until Fish comes back.
When Humphrey Bogart was asked if he had ever went on the wagon he replied, ?Just once. It was the most miserable afternoon of my life.?

I even heard that the demon living here in Rashomon fled in fear of the ferocity of man

#7 Ed The Zombie

Ed The Zombie

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,690 posts
  • Supports:G's, Club America, WFC, USA

Posted 12 May 2008 - 04:27 PM

I wouldlike to Jazic in the game, but does Vanney have to play? Franklin already has to pick up his slack from the outside, now we're gonna move him to the center, expect him to mark, and run and cover and keep the ball out of the net, maybe we should go straight to a shoot out, we would have more of a chance~ or here's a concept let's try Valentine, couldn't be worse than Vanney and then at least if our defense still sucks we can blame it on the rookies! ;)

Franklin has been playing in the center back role, basically solo with Vanney or Roberts too retarded to play.
Fuimos. Bebimos. Chingamos.

#8 The Sign Guy

The Sign Guy

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy Arsenal

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:23 PM

I'm going 3-3. This one has tie written all over it. The weather in Dallas yesterday was in the high 80s so just imagine on the field.

#9 CORTEZ 34

CORTEZ 34

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:56 PM

Any chance of seeing el pescadito ruiz? how much longer? we can really use him since our defense is kicking our ass

#10 zeps80

zeps80

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:CHICS, chicas
  • Supports:la galaxy, LFC...

Posted 12 May 2008 - 10:05 PM

yeah we need ruiz to have a superior offense combination to balance out in what we seem to be lacking... our defense

#11 We Own You

We Own You

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • Supports:LA GALAXY

Posted 13 May 2008 - 01:18 AM

One of the greatest parts of having stars like Becks, Fish and Landon (and to some extend Klien), is that when one has an off night, the other should be able to pick up the slack. That is, of course, in THEORY.

The game against the Bulls showed that we can't rely on that theory. Sure having Fish on the field will help when either Beckham and Landon are off. But for the level of their skill and salary, They should rarely if EVER have an off night.

If we had Fish start instead of Gordon, would we have had a different game? I think not, and now i think the addition of Fish this game, or any game soon won't be the soul turning point our team needs.

#12 LOBO 13

LOBO 13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Interests:Stuff
  • Supports:Creepers In Cardigans Soccer Club

Posted 13 May 2008 - 11:29 AM

Franklin has been playing in the center back role, basically solo with Vanney or Roberts too retarded to play.

The only thing I expect from Roberts is mistakes. Take away last season's two goals and he is the equivalent of Kyle Veris.

In the G's case, a better offense is the best defense. If the backline can't be fixed, improve the attack...

Prediction: 2-1 G's. Jazic starts at centerback alongside Franklin and improves the average age of the backline to from 31.25 to 30.25. Angry Lando returns to put two past Sala...

If you're not creepin', you're not trying...

#13 RobertTheBruce

RobertTheBruce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,432 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy dickheads! Arsenal

Posted 13 May 2008 - 12:22 PM

Jazic starts at centerback alongside Franklin

I like this idea. Jazic filled in well in the middle last season a few games. Certainly he wasn't as shady as Vanney has been. And Vanney's not as much of liability in the defensive end on the outside and even made some decent attacking runs against RB from the left.

Do it Ruud.

#14 Mr. Shades

Mr. Shades

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, National Teams, Real Madrid

Posted 13 May 2008 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE(LOBO 13 @ May 13 2008, 09:29 AM) Posted ImageJazic starts at centerback alongside Franklin

I like this idea. Jazic filled in well in the middle last season a few games. Certainly he wasn't as shady as Vanney has been. And Vanney's not as much of liability in the defensive end on the outside and even made some decent attacking runs against RB from the left.

Do it Ruud.

I concur. I can live with this line-up...for now.

-----Franklin--Jazic------
--Klein-----------Vanney--
-----------Ruiz-----------

Provided Ruiz can make it back this week, of course. We get a relatively steady veteran in the back to help the rook, and add a much needed compliment to Donovan if Ruiz is back and healthy again. Gordo does a lot better when he subs in late and everyone else on the pitch is tired...or dead! It minimizes his lack of speed. If we can get a lead, this also allows Donovan to completely drop back into the midfield and help clog up the passing lanes, and he is the only one with enough speed to make runs from there into space and help out Ruiz when needed. We really have to concentrate on stopping teams at midfield.

:cool:

#15 Cristobal Guillermo

Cristobal Guillermo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,817 posts
  • Supports:GaLAxy, USWNT, Reign, Tacoma Stars

Posted 13 May 2008 - 11:34 PM

After seeing Becks hobbling off the crappy pitch in Edmonton and getting fitted for the giant ankle icebag this evening, I wonder how much we can expect to see of him Sunday.

Proud "been a fan since '96" douchenozzle

Cogito me cogitare, ergo cogito me esse. Et futuito istam pullam!

http://www.nybooks.c.../15/our-moloch/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users