302 replies to this topic

cryforburke

cryforburke

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Seems like Adams v Almiron is gonna be the key matchup.

This match up alone might be worth the price of admission. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

CBus is leading the league in goals against. 10 goals allowed, 12 games played. Fucking A, those assholes again.

ATL's phils-osophy is: Why have any defense at all when you have amazing offense?

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Thank god were not going to be seeing Barco, Almiron, and Martínez running at Collin. Long/Parker is the best central pairing weve had in a long time. Fit the system the way Miazga/DP did.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

They were 9th in the East and 3rd from bottom overall in 2016.

Yep, one off year out of 4 under Berhalter.  The other 3 years all performed above their head.  With how different that team is, and how rightfully nobody is in the stands this year, it's impressive what they are doing so far.  And this year will make the playoffs again so it will be 1 off year out of 5.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

I look forward to our boy Adams dominating Almiron like our boy Miazga did to Villa in 2015.

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Anyone have a feeling that we'll see the 3-3-3-1 here and cool it a little with the press in this game? A pressing game that is even just a step off against Atlanta could be suicidal. 

If we do go that way, please Escobar in for Collin. Collin in this game would be a guaranteed red card. 

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

I agree. Who do you sacrifice for him, Valot? 

------------BWP-------------

------RoyerKakuDavis------

----------Adams-------------

Taxi------------------Murillo

-----Long-Parker-Fidel-----

Etienne for Royer, Valot for Davis, Muyl for BWP to close out the worst asskicking Atl's ever taken at home.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

This match up alone might be worth the price of admission. 

And I guarantee you Adams is thinking about that.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
Atlanta is not going to beat us. The only team in this league at this point that can beat us is the New York Red Bulls.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

The being on the road thing hurts.  Both teams I think are very close in quality so being on the road is a negative.  Road wins are just tough to come by in general with this league.

Should be a fun game though. I'm happy that they are going to try to play against our press.  They won't be just lumping it forward.  This might be one of the few teams though that's actually good enough to pass through us.

I'm a huge fan of the 3-3-3-1 and in general think it's our better formation, but I'd go with the 4-2-3-1 with how Atlanta plays.  Mainly to get Tyler in the middle.

odsum25

odsum25

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
I think that you need Adams and Davis in the middle for this one, unless Atlanta pushes Almiron very wide.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

Bobby Warshaw has another highly detailed tactical column about how to attack ATL. I'm sure Marsch and the team are working on some of these things during practice.

https://www.mlssocce...s-how-keep-pace

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

https://www.dirtysou...-by-the-numbers

A great write-up on Metro from Atlanta based writers. A ton of depth and detail, a lot of analytics sited.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

https://www.dirtysou...-by-the-numbers

A great write-up on Metro from Atlanta based writers. A ton of depth and detail, a lot of analytics sited.

"Kaku’s output positions him as a more than adequate replacement in the middle of the field without having to deal with all the things that make Kljestan the most insufferable human on the planet not named Will Johnson."

LOLOLOLOL

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

"Kaku’s output positions him as a more than adequate replacement in the middle of the field without having to deal with all the things that make Kljestan the most insufferable human on the planet not named Will Johnson."

LOLOLOLOL

Hah, the last line in the article is pretty good too.

A few interesting things in there but notable that Royer's xG is that high in the league among attacking midfielders.  Just goes along wtih the idea that before the last two games, he was very much snakebit.  xG is a great number to follow in general.  Same in hockey.  Similar to exit velocity among hitters in baseball. Usually the highest xG guys just happen to be the best players in the league as well. Great stat for how someone is actually playing because goals and assists don't always tell the full story.

Also found it interesting in the article that 45% of our possession comes from Valot's side of the field.  Very happy that Valot emerged because it wasn't happening with Muyl, and Etienne never looked particularly great outside as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users