544 replies to this topic

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Bump

Backe says there will be a "new" answer on Luke Rodgers' visa situation. if we do get him back, how do we get him on the field while Cooper is red hot? Either Henry has to move to midfield (and I don't see that happening) or Luke becomes a super sub.

I dream of the day when our roster is so healthy and consistently productive that I have to worry about such a challenge.

GotWings?

GotWings?

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I think Luke becomes a super sub on for Cooper on the 70th or so

And Hertzog will never wear our uniform again...

Hutskizzle

Hutskizzle

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,765 posts
*sigh*

Another "We'll know about Luke's visa situation in a few weeks" quote from Backe/Soler again? Until I see Luke in the US at Montclair running around, showing the new kids here what the deal is, I'm not gonna hold my breathe.

Mike
Petke
Fever
Catch It.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

*sigh*

Another "We'll know about Luke's visa situation in a few weeks" quote from Backe/Soler again? Until I see Luke in the US at Montclair running around, showing the new kids here what the deal is, I'm not gonna hold my breathe.

It's this season's "Nielsen will be back in 4-6 weeks"

DHatch

DHatch

Site Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,283 posts
  • Supports:Mighty Metros
Interesting that Luke has de-activated his facebook account.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

And Hertzog will never wear our uniform again...

If we re-acquire Luke, I'd be fine with trading Herzog, or loaning him out to Wilmington for the rest of the season.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Boolean

Boolean

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT
If he's deemed inadmissible to the US based upon his record, then there's not much hope of him coming on vacation, never mind getting a work visa. I was a big fan of Luke, but he's not going to solve any problems for us. The offense is fine; Henry blew it against Chivas, not Cooper.

tat106

tat106

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • Supports:MetroReds, USMNT

If we re-acquire Luke, I'd be fine with trading Herzog, or loaning him out to Wilmington for the rest of the season.

Nah, Hertzog needs to stay in the fold until Arteaga can score for this team AND make smart decisions on the field.

"It's not genius, it's practice." - Thierry Henry

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

It's this season's "Nielsen will be back in 4-6 weeks"

Hardly...no one is saying it is a done deal. No one said it was a done deal before with the possible exception of Luke himself.

The only tthing being said is that they hope to have an answer to their appeal soon. Backe is capping it at 50-50 which is a no brainer, since the the government will rarely tell you in these kind of cases what they are thinking. So 50-50 means it could be granted or it could be rejected. If they gave lower or higher odds to it then it would imply they had enough feedback to bias the epectations.

Best to ignore this until the verdict is given.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Interesting that Luke has de-activated his facebook account.

You mean he is getting wiser? If he is able to rejoin us, an increased level of maturity would be a benefit to us. You can be a whirling dervish without being unecessarily confrontational and provocative.

keeLow

keeLow

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, AFC

If he's deemed inadmissible to the US based upon his record, then there's not much hope of him coming on vacation, never mind getting a work visa. I was a big fan of Luke, but he's not going to solve any problems for us. The offense is fine; Henry blew it against Chivas, not Cooper.

So you're assuming Henry and Cooper will both be fully fit the rest of the season? God forbid both of them pick up an injury at the same time, which isn't the most unlikely scenario, then what?

Boolean

Boolean

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

So you're assuming Henry and Cooper will both be fully fit the rest of the season? God forbid both of them pick up an injury at the same time, which isn't the most unlikely scenario, then what?

Henry picked up an injury and we tied our longest win streak. If you're that worried, tell Hans to make sure they don't fly together.

JerseyTexan

JerseyTexan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

I think Luke becomes a super sub on for Cooper on the 70th or so

As stupid as it sounds, it will be the other way around fam. No matter how hot Cooper is, Rodgers is Soler, Backe and --importantly-- Henry's preferred choice as the second striker. I know it defies logic but they will bench Cooper. Count it.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

As stupid as it sounds, it will be the other way around fam. No matter how hot Cooper is, Rodgers is Soler, Backe and --importantly-- Henry's preferred choice as the second striker. I know it defies logic but they will bench Cooper. Count it.

There's no way Luke gets a start in his first game back.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Maybe they will try all 3 on the field at once... not permanently but occasionally.

You cant bench the MLS leading goal scorer. Rodgers is a nice player but Cooper has more goals this year than Rodgers in twice the games last year.
"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users