#1 goldstone97

goldstone97

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts
  • Supports:Fire, Albion, Red Stars

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:39 PM

Be inside the stadium and ready to support the team by 6.30 this Saturday. I just spent several hours talking with Frank Klopas, and it's time we put any extraneous bullshit aside for this game. The Capos have said they are going up. Klopas has asked we give the team 100% support. Lets just fucking do it. I'm sick of being distracted by shit from the non-soccer side of the FO. Let's respect Frank and support the team whatever else is going on for this game.

I for one am terribly guilty of straggling into games late. Not this weekend. We will be shutting down the tailgate by 6.30, so if you need to eat or drink, come in early. Lets back up Harlem Avenue by 4pm. Lets make them open the damn gates early because Harlem Avenue is backed up. After that, every person here should make sure 10 people come in early and sing.

Fuck it, I'm as pissed off as anyone by recent events. But the Capos protested last game and if we need to protest again we'll do it, believe me. But lets make a damn statement this game by going balls out for the team come what may. Make the team and everyone in the stadium remember why we do this. Why we care.

Fuck Toronto and don't give them a damn second of sound in our stadium. Get in early and scream your fucking lungs out.
Section 8 Chicago Chair

WB05 :: Pitch Invasion

#2 pezkoreaddict

pezkoreaddict

Pezkore Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,469 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire - Ultras Red Side

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:45 PM

NO JOKE. Be in early. I have already instucted Jim and the rest of the tailgate crew to shut down b 6:20p so if your late for food it's not our fault. Get ther early for food, drinks, and then get in the stadium for warm ups.

#3 Chow

Chow

Player/Manager

• S8 Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts
  • Supports:Huddalis Aviation, B&CA

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:48 PM

Be inside the stadium and ready to support the team by 6.30 this Saturday. I just spent several hours talking with Frank Klopas, and it's time we put any extraneous bullshit aside for this game. The Capos have said they are going up. Klopas has asked we give the team 110% support. Lets just fucking do it. I'm sick of being distracted by shit from the non-soccer side of the FO. Let's respect Frank and support the team whatever else is going on for this game.

I for one am terribly guilty of straggling into games late. Not this weekend. We will be shutting down the tailgate by 6.30, so if you need to eat or drink, come in early. Lets back up Harlem Avenue by 4pm. Lets make them open the damn gates early because Harlem Avenue is backed up. After that, every person here should make sure 10 people come in early and sing.

Fuck it, I'm as pissed off as anyone by recent events. But the Capos protested last game and if we need to protest again we'll do it, believe me. But lets make a damn statement this game by going balls out for the team come what may. Make the team and everyone in the stadium remember why we do this. Why we care.

Fuck Toronto and don't give them a damn second of sound in our stadium. Get in early and scream your fucking lungs out.

:pint:

#4 petro62

petro62

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:53 PM

With all the crap that is going between the supporters and the FO I think it would be a great time to show some unity. I think Saturday would be a great time for a unified march in. Show the team, the crowd, the FO that you all stand united when it comes to the games. I know there are logistics issues with march ins, but maybe after the gates there could be a designated gathering spot and then everyone goes up together to the section(preferably chanting). While short on time it would be neat if the tailgate area could have a big countdown clock that when expired meant it was time to march in. That is my suggestion, but then again I wont even be there. I just hope to read that the supporters and the Fire have a great game.

Enjoy

#5 BenBurton

BenBurton

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,904 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 12:54 AM

I will not be selling tickets for this game. You lazy fuckheads always make me miss kickoff because you're too fucking selfish to buy your tickets ahead of time. So to avoid having to wait around for you I'm not selling tickets and I'm going in at 6:30.

Join me. Sing. If you don't want to then please don't ask anything of me again this season.

#6 AcmeComics

AcmeComics

Player/Manager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,436 posts
  • Interests:Tiki mugs, exotic meats and cheeses, comic books, lego, lounge music, robots, vampires, kung fu movies, kaiju non-sense, 50's sci-fi art....you know the usual stuff.
  • Supports:Fire, Bayern, DFB, Arsenal

Posted 25 September 2009 - 06:22 AM

a couple of you non drunk fuckwits can help take down the tailgate with me...as long as you can't figure out how to fucking break an unbreakable folding table

6:20 I'm done done done cooking.

Klopas is one of the only people in this whole organization that has respect for us and you damn well will fucking return it.
you can't give the cow away and expect the last person to buy it back for you

#7 Eltiger11

Eltiger11

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire,Liverpool,Livorno

Posted 25 September 2009 - 06:41 AM

So I respect Frank Klopas, but what happened to all the protest crap? This was so important last week. Now everything is peaches? I will be in early for sure. But this will influance the degree I participate in protests in the future. This kind passive/aggresive shit is in one part why the fo don't give a shit. For future referance either you do protest CAMPAIGN or don't waste time posturing.
Excuse me are you wearing that?

#8 goldstone97

goldstone97

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:13 AM

So I respect Frank Klopas, but what happened to all the protest crap? This was so important last week. Now everything is peaches? I will be in early for sure. But this will influance the degree I participate in protests in the future. This kind passive/aggresive shit is in one part why the fo don't give a shit. For future referance either you do protest CAMPAIGN or don't waste time posturing.

I responded to your point in the other thread and you didn't answer, but here it is again: last week the Capos protested by not going up in the stand. It was their decision. That was the only protest. They did it and that's why it was quiet. It worked as they intended it, it was their call. Nobody planned anything else or postured anything else.

Right now the other thing we have decided is a letter-writing campaign. We're doing that. If there's no progress we take things further. One step at a time.

We know how to protest properly. We did it last year. If we decide to do it again we'll do it, but we meet do decide these things as a group and we haven't done that. A half-hearted protest is pointless, I entirely agree, which is why we're not doing it.
Section 8 Chicago Chair

#9 penguinopph

penguinopph

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts
  • Supports:CF97, Man U, Ajax, Bayern Munchen

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:38 AM

I responded to your point in the other thread and you didn't answer, but here it is again: last week the Capos protested by not going up in the stand. It was their decision. That was the only protest. They did it and that's why it was quiet. It worked as they intended it, it was their call. Nobody planned anything else or postured anything else.

Right now the other thing we have decided is a letter-writing campaign. We're doing that. If there's no progress we take things further. One step at a time.

We know how to protest properly. We did it last year. If we decide to do it again we'll do it, but we meet do decide these things as a group and we haven't done that. A half-hearted protest is pointless, I entirely agree, which is why we're not doing it.

Too be honest, it wasn't even a protest. We weren't trying to make a statement, we weren't trying to say "fuck us, we fuck you." It was a show of support for Pattrick. it was the capos saying "Pattrick, you're more important to us than the FO, so if you can't go up this game, we won't go up this game, because we love you."

#10 goldstone97

goldstone97

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 08:24 AM

Either way, we have other threads to decide on the course of action on larger issues. Half-hearted apathy does nothing (that's how Toronto fans "protest"). I say let's remind everyone why we show up despite all the crap and give the best support we can for this game. We were asked by a Ring of Fire member to do so for the sake of the team and we agreed.

Let's keep the general debate to other threads and a real-life meeting (we have announced a board meeting next Thursday) and focus here on how we can get people in early tomorrow.

March-in at 6.30?
Section 8 Chicago Chair

#11 joey

joey

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Supports:chicago fire and the arsenal

Posted 25 September 2009 - 08:28 AM

March-in at 6.30?

YES. synchronize swatches!

marching in is one of the best things about away matches. it would be great to do it tomorrow as well.

"If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing."

"I don't approve of your methods."
"Yeah, well... you're not from Chicago."

http://peterlowry.ytmnd.com/

#12 MDSCIan

MDSCIan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts
  • Supports:Fire, Chelsea

Posted 25 September 2009 - 08:32 AM

This is not a new request from Klopas, he asked people to do it last week at the board meeting (and I'm assuming he asked again).
:cheers:

#13 giaco

giaco

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Chicago Fire, Tottenham Hotspur F.C., Guiness, and a lot of other things.
  • Supports:Chicago Fire

Posted 25 September 2009 - 08:36 AM

Easy-peasy lemon-squeezy.......let's try to pool on the inside of the gate after you get your ticket scanned and march in en masse.

#14 Eltiger11

Eltiger11

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire,Liverpool,Livorno

Posted 25 September 2009 - 08:44 AM

This is illustrative of the problem I had with last weeks "action" yes a capo didn't go up the section was quite. So it wasn't just as simple as no capos. But the bigger issue which relates to this issue is what seems as edicts coming down, from either the capos or ISA about action without clear explanation. That is my problem. On FB and even hear, I have just heard that Frank Klopas has asked us to come in early. Ok without explanation because means anything. Frank is still an employee, so considering the issues with the FO, I think it is healthy to question even Frank. But if people who are organizing us to get in early let us know its is specifically because of the KFC fans than yes that is differant. That is just my point let people know why you want them to do stuff.

I am debating if I will go in early. What now is the urgency? The away fans always go in early. Always, they do thier thing, big deal. But when the section comes it drowns those scum out. Period. So again why the urgency now? Please explain...
Excuse me are you wearing that?

#15 joey

joey

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Supports:chicago fire and the arsenal

Posted 25 September 2009 - 08:51 AM

I am debating if I will go in early. What now is the urgency? The away fans always go in early. Always, they do thier thing, big deal. But when the section comes it drowns those scum out. Period. So again why the urgency now? Please explain...

Last week was shit. Shit result and shit in the stands. If you reread the end of the original post there is a pretty clear summation of why we should really come together this match which led to the idea of marching in at 6.30pm. If you end up marching in that'd be great, but if you decide you have things more important to do with the 60 minutes before kickoff than to support the team, that's your business.

MEETING INSIDE THE GATE TO MARCH IN AT 6.30P

1. joey +2

"If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing."

"I don't approve of your methods."
"Yeah, well... you're not from Chicago."

http://peterlowry.ytmnd.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users