65 replies to this topic

C.O.Jones

C.O.Jones

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  • Supports:CF Cadiz
These games of late have been dull to watch from the southward side. It seems the entire match is played on the other side of the pitch.
And what's up with all the families sitting in 133 and the newcomers to the section talking smack too??????? Seems management is giving tickets away in 133 :)+

Savarese17

Savarese17

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

These games of late have been dull to watch from the southward side. It seems the entire match is played on the other side of the pitch.
And what's up with all the families sitting in 133 and the newcomers to the section talking smack too??????? Seems management is giving tickets away in 133 :)+

yeah noticed this, it was maybe 5-6 rows standing and the rest sitting? fucks it up.

this has been a red bulls problem the last two years, this "go ahead 1-0 and sit on it all match" thing. this match is what the SKC match should've been, and what we saw many times last year. its like they were afraid to run at the goal last night, and i dont understand why. keel and kassel were horrendous, keel less so, but kassel was bypassed plenty of times.

i dont understand why people blame ballouchy. he did give the ball away, but columbus's attack still had to bypass the right side of the team (without trouble) to cross a ball to an unmarked man.

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

yeah noticed this, it was maybe 5-6 rows standing and the rest sitting? fucks it up.

Well perhaps someone should talk to management.

Savarese17

Savarese17

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

Well perhaps someone should talk to management.

how about talking to management about the fact that the south ward is split up, each section idiotically drowning the other out, when they'd all be much better as a unified force?

but until then we'll stick to the #1 team chant being "lets go red bulls"?

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,156 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

how about talking to management about the fact that the south ward is split up, each section idiotically drowning the other out, when they'd all be much better as a unified force?

but until then we'll stick to the #1 team chant being "lets go red bulls"?

Well, it was pretty unified before people started to want and be in their own group. Folks with different approaches/philosophies/mentalities with respect to supporting led to the fracturing.

FACT.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

soccerfreak9210

soccerfreak9210

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Roma, Nats

Well, it was pretty unified before people started to want and be in their own group. Folks with different approaches/philosophies/mentalities with respect to supporting led to the fracturing.

FACT.

Can't really blame new fans :)+

I know everyone is working hard to fix things, but come gameday it seems like a fiasco. Capos rolling their eyes and shaking their heads, etc...

Everyone is so excited to scream and chant for the team that we can't stay under control? How about we have a song list for each SG available? How about before a capo starts a song, he looks to the other 2 and gets everyone on the same page from the start of the chant? I'm willing to sacrifice a few seconds of singing to get all three sections in sync.... for the benefit of ourselves and the team!

But like usual when I post stuff like this, people are going to say "what are you doing about it?" or spread blame around or ignore it!

Calpico

Calpico

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,377 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Fulham, April 25 Sports Club

Everyone is so excited to scream and chant for the team that we can't stay under control? How about we have a song list for each SG available? How about before a capo starts a song, he looks to the other 2 and gets everyone on the same page from the start of the chant? I'm willing to sacrifice a few seconds of singing to get all three sections in sync.... for the benefit of ourselves and the team!

It's way harder than it looks mah dude.
"There are no time-out's in soccer? ... Really?" - Coach John McGuirk

http://calpicotime.tumblr.com/

proletarian

proletarian

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Supports:proletariat
When things go stale and generic, nothing new coming out for years at a time, still singing the same old songs over and over and over and over and over and over again, in just one match, new groups will start.

FACT.

whoshotsam

whoshotsam

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Chelsea
I didn't see many families in 133. I did see a group of Mexican dudes chanting "Puto!" at Sutton (right in front of me). What the fuck?...
"Defeatism is punishable by death." - You Suck Corrales

RBNY 4 LIFE

RBNY 4 LIFE

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

FACT.

Might need a merger called the south ward....but I'm sure there are too many egos involved.

And I'm just wondering, is it possible for everyone to hear one guy on the perch in front of 101? Or just follow 101s lead?

whoshotsam

whoshotsam

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Might need a merger called the south ward....but I'm sure there are too many egos involved.

And I'm just wondering, is it possible for everyone to hear one guy on the perch in front of 101? Or just follow 101s lead?

No. I'm in back of 133 and I can't really hear 101 unless the megaphone is turned my way and everything is quiet.
"Defeatism is punishable by death." - You Suck Corrales

We'reYourFamous

We'reYourFamous

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Not possible... nor do I feel it is a good idea... hell I sit right up front in 133 and can't hear a thing unless the capo looks our way...

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,863 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

Not possible... nor do I feel it is a good idea... hell I sit right up front in 133 and can't hear a thing unless the capo looks our way...

Could that be because 133 are doing their own thing most of the time?

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

devil500

devil500

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,633 posts
  • Interests:Engineering
  • Supports:Metro

And 101 and 102. <_< :rolleyes:

#RedBullOUT

We'reYourFamous

We'reYourFamous

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

don't you think the songs out of 133 are better than most of the songs coming out of 101 and 102??? Dude most of the songs in 101 are in Spanish and I don't speak Spanish nor come from a Spanish background.. I prefer English style support and songs... Not trying to go all Spanish vs English here, but thats just my preference..

Considering 80% of the league sings the same songs can we at least think about changing them up some??? LA sings every song we sing including the Spanish ones.. Maybe its time we switch em up a bit...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users