Absolutely a must win

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Kinda getting to the point where we are already eliminating ourselves from the Supporter's Shield conversation if can't start scoring goals and getting three points. I almost never say it this early in the season but it feels like a must win at home.

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Kinda getting to the point where we are already eliminating ourselves from the Supporter's Shield conversation if can't start scoring goals and getting three points. I almost never say it this early in the season but it feels like a must win at home.

Supporters' Shield?? Before this season even began that's the one trophy I would have said we have no chance at. It's not early...after next week 20% of the season is over. We are already eliminating ourselves from the playoffs! 

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

I smell...6,000 people in the stands at RBA on the Saturday before a holiday.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

This team isnt interested in being a SS contender. Struber continuing to be employed is one such indication, add in a bunch of young guys who dont seem bothered by losing and thats where we are at.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

add in a bunch of young guys who dont seem bothered by losing and thats where we are at.

This is a bit much, the guys certainly are trying and there's no real indication that the guys don't mind to lose.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

This is a bit much, the guys certainly are trying and there's no real indication that the guys don't mind to lose.

They arent chasing glory here, maybe they play well personally and get a move elsewhere. Otherwise probably more interested in chasing tail in JC/Hoboken/NYC.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

They arent chasing glory here, maybe they play well personally and get a move elsewhere. Otherwise probably more interested in chasing tail in JC/Hoboken/NYC.

1st half of this is a shit take. Playing well and winning here is much more likely to lead them to a move elsewhere, something all the other teams in this league deal with as well as the best leagues in the world.

2nd half is an even worse shit take they doesn't even need a response.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts

I thought of a fun experiment - how about Luquinhas as a #8 in the midfield? Kinda like Felipe used to play, ahead of Dax as a pure #6. Seems like it would fit Luquinhas's game while opening up spots further up field for guys with the speed to execute 2023 Struberball.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts

This is sour grapes but I can't help but look at a team like Minnesota and be frustrated. They are in a very similar position to us - playing ultra defensive soccer while they are missing their best attacker. They have the fewest shots in the league and play even more boring soccer than we do. But they avoided bad mistakes in the back and scrapped in two more goals over 6 games, so they sit 4th in the West on 2.2 PPG while getting praise from across the league for their grit and determination.

We are like, 30 seconds of total soccer away from being where they are. Instead we are seeing fans already starting to lose hope. 

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

Oh shit, I thought San Jose were bad.  They have a much better record than us.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

I thought of a fun experiment - how about Luquinhas as a #8 in the midfield? Kinda like Felipe used to play, ahead of Dax as a pure #6. Seems like it would fit Luquinhas's game while opening up spots further up field for guys with the speed to execute 2023 Struberball.

I dont think luq fits with what struber is trying to do with his current formation.

He is not getting the ball in dangerous positions. When he gets the ball, he is very far out in the wing. I would like him to cross the ball into the box but instead he tries to do a lot of link up play in the center of the field.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users