Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:My master's bidding
  • Supports:Sauron

http://www.bigapples...rticle_id=38532

In a Monday interview with BigAppleSoccer.com that touched on other topics such as a USL Pro team and the pending retirement of Thierry Henry, Roxburgh squashed the idea that ownership in Austria is tightening the purse strings.

“Speculation. The answer to that is that even I don't know that yet. There is no indication yet about what we're doing. I go to meet the owner in two weeks time in Austria,” Roxburgh told BigAppleSoccer.com.”We'll have a discussion about what's happening for next season. After that, we'll have a better indication of where we're going. Right now, there is no indication in that sense.”

I mean... there are a few indications, Roxy...

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Maybe he's being told that the team will be sold in the off-season?

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Elder Statesman

Elder Statesman

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Supports:Metros

Sounds like he didn't like the fallout and is trying to backtrack.

onionsack

onionsack

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

Summoned to Austria to have a sit down with the boss.

article-0-07052600000005DC-611_468x286.j

The funniest part is when Rox says that "Austria" isn't tightening the purse, then says...well hell i don't even know what we are doing or what this meeting is about. LOL

RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

ig101

ig101

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,423 posts
  • Supports:Metro
I don't trust one word coming out of this guy's mouth anymore.

Fellaini's Afro

Fellaini's Afro

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Everton, BU Bearcats
Whatever they are going to talk about was probably discussed before the season started and now the overlords are checking in with Rox.

Like I said in another thread Petke and Rox both have become corporate shills this season. Last season both guys were the types you would love to have a beer with. This year they both spin things and are shadowy.

break516beatz

break516beatz

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Man United

Maybe he's being told that the team will be sold in the off-season?

That would be amazing but you and I and the majority of us here know that's not the case. To be perfectly honest, they're going to want to hear what his plans for the team are just to be told they're going to cut funding even more because they're putting all of their eggs into Leipzig and Salzburg.

F U NYCFC

Our home, our club. You will always be #2 in NY/NJ

If you want to hear my ramblings on football and hockey on Twitter, give me a follow: @jeffreykleiman

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Whatever they are going to talk about was probably discussed before the season started and now the overlords are checking in with Rox.

Like I said in another thread Petke and Rox both have become corporate shills this season. Last season both guys were the types you would love to have a beer with. This year they both spin things and are shadowy.

I haven't heard any spin from them.   Mike's consistently said "I'd love to do this and this and this, because I'm a coach and thats what coaches want, but its not my money."    Roxy's been pretty straight forward as well, thought he obviously thought we were getting out own team and got caught off guard when he was told we wouldn't go that direction.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

MikeV

MikeV

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts
  • Supports:Metros

“The answer to that is that even I don't know that yet. There is no indication yet about what we're doing. I go to meet the owner in two weeks time in Austria,”

This quote pretty much sums up the shitstorm that is the New York Red Bulls.

nlk10010

nlk10010

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

http://www.bigapples...rticle_id=38532

I mean... there are a few indications, Roxy...

Put another way, if it walks like a duck, smells like a duck and quacks like a duck.......

I love how the FO is careful to only make claims that can never be disproven: e.g. we tried this and tried that, we got close but things fell apart at the last minute. Yea, like in my younger days I almost f***ed Audrey Hepburn. You didn't know? Sure, ask her. :)

"The company loves its money.

If they could, they'd go to strip clubs and throw naked women at money."

Rooney22

Rooney22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro
With Roxy it's not about trust or mistrust. At this point he's just a parrot, repeating what RB GMBH is telling him what to say. He made some good moves in the beginning but it seems Austria has taken control away from him or at least tightened the purse strings.

Rooney22

Rooney22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro
If he's being summoned to Austria then I would think there is a drastic course of action for 2015. More than we already know. He's not going to Austria to be told that were not spending money anymore. Something's definitely up.

ig101

ig101

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,423 posts
Would be awesome, if he quits after that meeting.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts

“The answer to that is that even I don't know that yet. There is no indication yet about what we're doing. I go to meet the owner in two weeks time in Austria,”

This quote pretty much sums up the shitstorm that is the New York Red Bulls.

First thing that came to mind

hqdefault.jpg

#RedBullOut

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:My master's bidding
  • Supports:Sauron

MBlS7Wr.gif

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users