27 replies to this topic

HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, US National Team

Some time ago, last year in fact I suggested that the three groups should put aside their petty differences, get together and organize so they cab bolster their numbers in the South Ward, and at the same time spread the awareness about the club, grassroots style. Needless to say I was ignored, laughed at and of course, cursed out for even suggesting the idea.

I mean, lord knows should another supporters club ever get themselves organized to get the word out and beat us to the punch...

wbdun4.png

(And yes, I blame the brand club too!)

In aliquo puncto, vos have ut decernere si vos es a fan verum Morbi fan ut vere aut vult Morbi ludis.

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:My master's bidding
  • Supports:Sauron

Needless to say I was ignored, laughed at and of course, cursed out for even suggesting the idea.

Well, at least you weren't tarred, feathered, and sent out of town riding a rail.

And perhaps you should join a group instead of constantly making suggestions and attempting to direct the SGs via message board posting. Be the change you want to see or whatever.

Also, if you think this is real, then... lol. 

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

Jeremy Thunder

Jeremy Thunder

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Honestly, you guys get so worked up over City's advertising... When was the last time you actually responded to a billboard or subway poster? 

__    __   ______Spirit_of_96 __ __     _____    
 /_/\  /\_\ /\_____\/\_______)\/_/\__/\  ) ___ (   
 ) ) \/ ( (( (_____/\(___  __\/) ) ) ) )/ /\_/\ \  
/_/ \  / \_\\ \__\    / / /   /_/ /_/_// /_/ (_\ \ 
\ \ \\// / // /__/_  ( ( (    \ \ \ \ \\ \ )_/ / / 
 )_) )( (_(( (_____\  \ \ \    )_) ) \ \\ \/_\/ /  
 \_\/  \/_/ \/_____/  /_/_/    \_\/ \_\/ )_____(   
                   Red Bull Out                                 

onionsack

onionsack

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

Some time ago, last year in fact I suggested that the three groups should put aside their petty differences, get together and organize so they cab bolster their numbers in the South Ward, and at the same time spread the awareness about the club, grassroots style. Needless to say I was ignored, laughed at and of course, cursed out for even suggesting the idea.

I mean, lord knows should another supporters club ever get themselves organized to get the word out and beat us to the punch...

wbdun4.png

So you're saying the supporters should organize a FO run supporters group? Cause i will tell you right now, they dont have anything close to the number of people or capital to do a commercial marketing effort like that on their own.

RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

Jeremy Thunder

Jeremy Thunder

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts

So you're saying the supporters should organize a FO run supporters group? Cause i will tell you right now, they dont have anything close to the number of people or capital to do a commercial marketing effort like that on their own.

Not to mention there's very little buzz about organizing this type of thing around their various web appendages. Reeks of astroturfing.

__    __   ______Spirit_of_96 __ __     _____    
 /_/\  /\_\ /\_____\/\_______)\/_/\__/\  ) ___ (   
 ) ) \/ ( (( (_____/\(___  __\/) ) ) ) )/ /\_/\ \  
/_/ \  / \_\\ \__\    / / /   /_/ /_/_// /_/ (_\ \ 
\ \ \\// / // /__/_  ( ( (    \ \ \ \ \\ \ )_/ / / 
 )_) )( (_(( (_____\  \ \ \    )_) ) \ \\ \/_\/ /  
 \_\/  \/_/ \/_____/  /_/_/    \_\/ \_\/ )_____(   
                   Red Bull Out                                 

Haig

Haig

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts
  • Supports:Bora Bora Metro

Where are their supporters clubs getting revenue? A dollar will get you twenty that NYCFC paid for this. Something to bait their supporters with.

╔╦╗┌─┐┌┬┐┬─┐┌─┐  ╔═╗┌─┐┬─┐┌─┐┬  ┬┌─┐┬─┐
║║║├┤  │ ├┬┘│ │  ╠╣ │ │├┬┘├┤ └┐┌┘├┤ ├┬┘
╩ ╩└─┘ ┴ ┴└─└─┘  ╚  └─┘┴└─└─┘ └┘ └─┘┴└─

RedBullsFC

RedBullsFC

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts
  • Supports:club: NYRB/////country: USA
Third rail who ? 99% of people walking by that poster will probably ask that question

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

That looks more like someone's trying to start a union strike than a soccer supporter's group.

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

photoshop-demotivational.jpg

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ

That looks more like someone's trying to start a union strike than a soccer supporter's group.

Lol yeah, if i walked past that I'd probably assume it was some commie nonsense and walk right by it

Metro4LIFE

Metro4LIFE

Electron Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,421 posts
  • Interests:Metro, Graffiti, Art, Hookers

Theres no way any supporters group paid for this let alone one that just started with probably less than 500 members. To buy ads like that is a few thousand dollars. No way they raised that kind of dough. Most likely this is part of the NYCFC meadia buy package and decided to do something "grassroots" and help the supporters out.

While I do think it will be beneficial for all 3 clubs to be more cohesive, if we wanted to do this on this side we will need the support of RBNY. And by support I mean money. And they cant even buy ads to sell tickets at the moment let alone for a supporters club.

Soy Del Metrooooo, Del Metro soy yoooooooo!

FootballClubMaps.com :: High Quality Football Posters from around the globe. Get yours today!

RedBullsFanatic

RedBullsFanatic

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
Has to be an ad done by NYCFC. I believe most people would walk right past it and have no idea what it is referring to.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

wbdun4.png

Assuming this is even real grassroots stuff, why do you assume its anything more than a single SG doing their thing, and that it in implies any sort of unity across SG's?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Fellaini's Afro

Fellaini's Afro

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Everton, BU Bearcats
That photo looks fake

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

That photo looks fake

BECAUSE IT IS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users