43 replies to this topic

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Only active club out of the original eight that is not participating in this. From the MLS/Kansas City website:

SINCE 96 COLLECTION Celebrating the Leagues start in 1996, this retro collection features clubs from the 1990s with merchandise available from Mitchell & Ness and New Era. The collection is will launch this summer and feature retro gear from the Colorado Rapids, Columbus Crew, FC Dallas (Burn), D.C. United, Sporting Kansas City (Kansas City Wiz), LA Galaxy, Portland Timbers, New England Revolution, San Jose Earthquakes (Clash), Seattle Sounders FC, and the Vancouver Whitecaps FC (Eighty-Sixers).

https://www.sporting...ocusing-leagues

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

Sucks. Wasn't really a fan yet when we were the Metrostars, but throwback gear is always cool. It's possible there are legal issues with using "Metrostars" or the old logo...idk who technically owns the rights to that.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Lame, but expected.

Timbers can continue to pretend they existed back then.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull
Just one more data point against our Austrian Overlords

I Think one of our jerseys should be white/black halves anyway

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

You know they would sell a shitload of retro jerseys... the problem is, there is no Red Bull logo on them, so what's the point?

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull
More to the point, think of how many people would buy them who would never go to games because of the takeover

Might be embarrassing

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls

You know they would sell a shitload of retro jerseys... the problem is, there is no Red Bull logo on them, so what's the point?

Agree with this.  I would have bought 10 since i cant seem to get my hands on any Metro jersey...

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Team sources tell me that #RBNY will have 2020 merch that pays homage to the team’s history. In addition, sources tell me that the team will be taking a more active role in branded merch design moving forward. - Mark Fishkin

Well we already know the jersey is black with the 3 red stripes. The STH cap has a flag with quadrants from the Metrostars crest. I'm thinking this means we'll just more red/black themed stuff. But like Metrofanatic^ said, it will probably all have the Red Bull logo. 

Walter Tymczyna

Walter Tymczyna

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, Cars, Beagles, etc...
  • Supports:Red Bulls

I have various retro gear, most of it never worn if anyone is interested. I also have signed/framed jerseys like the original away Metrostars jersey with a bunch of autographs (including Carlos Alberto Perrera), an official Clint Mathis signed jersey (framed), a signed soccer ball with various players. Only problem is I am in Delray Beach, Florida so shipping may be tough on the framed items. But I got a ton of authentic jerseys, mainly from the 1990 hardly or never worn. Hit me up if you're interested. Also got one of those McDonalds scarfs along with other teams. 

--- Red Bulls & NY Jets will win a championship after my lifetime so kill me now. ---

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

Just one more data point against our Austrian Overlords

I Think one of our jerseys should be white/black halves anyway

*Jean Ralphio voice* ICONIC!

Took Juve 26 years to figure out Metro (aesthetics) aint nothing ta eff with.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

jp917

jp917

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
I think they just didn't like what Mitchell & Ness designed for them last time. Fishkin says the team will have less blue gear

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

I think they just didn't like what Mitchell & Ness designed for them last time. Fishkin says the team will have less blue gear

Don't think that's the reason lol...what design are you even referring to? 

jp917

jp917

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Don't think that's the reason lol...what design are you even referring to? 

https://twitter.com/...0116546562?s=20

ESCfanatic279

ESCfanatic279

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Supports:METRO USMNT

Sucks. Wasn't really a fan yet when we were the Metrostars, but throwback gear is always cool. It's possible there are legal issues with using "Metrostars" or the old logo...idk who technically owns the rights to that.

Our Austrian overlords bought the name and logos of the Metrostars and bought it just so the brand/image cannot live on.

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

https://twitter.com/...0116546562?s=20

Yea, nobody wants that. They've been slowly moving away from blue and using black instead. So that is good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users