Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Muyl is somehow on this list:

http://www.sportbibl...n-2016-20190817

I remember him being featured in a campaign called Powered by Messi or something like that.  Probably just an Adidas marketing thing.  There is a 0% chance Messi knows who Alex Muyl is.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

Scoring against the blue fuckers!

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

Scoring against the blue fuckers!

Who has the most goals against them (other than BWP)?

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

Who has the most goals against them (other than BWP)?

http://www.metrofana...sp?TEAM=NY City

Royer 5, Dax, Veron, Muyl 2

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

DYER FRANCO PANIZO DYLAN BUTLER

shout out to Brian Lewis while I'm at it.

Can anyone get some insight as to the Myul situation? 

If every fan on this board thinks Alex Myul would be a great fullback or even CDM what they heck is causing them not to try it?

Player opposes it?

Coaches don't see it?

Tried and not the best fit?  

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

DYER FRANCO PANIZO DYLAN BUTLER

shout out to Brian Lewis while I'm at it.

Can anyone get some insight as to the Myul situation? 

If every fan on this board thinks Alex Myul would be a great fullback or even CDM what they heck is causing them not to try it?

Player opposes it?

Coaches don't see it?

Tried and not the best fit?  

Don't think Muyl would be great at any position.  Especially defending.  He has no lateral quickness at all.  People would destroy him if he was in that position regularly in my opinion. 

It's Muyl's athleticism that holds him back at having good upside at any position.  His effort is what even brings him into the discussion.  Sadly, I think he's playing his best position.  I think there's room for Muyl in this league off the bench. Analytics(at least last year) say that he creates chances, not necessarily when he has the ball, but he does create them.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Don't think Muyl would be great at any position.  Especially defending.  He has no lateral quickness at all.  People would destroy him if he was in that position regularly in my opinion. 

It's Muyl's athleticism that holds him back at having good upside at any position.  His effort is what even brings him into the discussion.  Sadly, I think he's playing his best position.  I think there's room for Muyl in this league off the bench. Analytics(at least last year) say that he creates chances, not necessarily when he has the ball, but he does create them.

Id say its his SKILL that keeps him from upside at an attacking position. Not his athleticism.

Hes smart. Smarter than anyone else on the team in terms of understanding the tactics if were to believe what the staff says His 5 yard explosiveness is very good. Straight out sprint? Maybe not so much, but neither is Duncans.

Only rough spot would be learning a new position, but again, if were to believe what the front office says if theres one guy who can do it its Muyl.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

I don't think I'd even really give him credit there. Put skill moves aside, when have we ever seen him burst past a defender even over short distance? His 1v1 play is completely non-existent. 

His 1 v 1 play is non existent because he cant handle the ball as well as a guy like say Murillo or Kaku. And you DO see him create space for himself, but then he runs out of creative ideas.

He has that short distance explosiveness that pro soccer players absolutely have to have. Is it anywhere close to elite level? No. But its there. You see it in those plays where he beats a defender on the end line and creates a chance across goal. It exists. Does he use it effectively to create chances consistently? No.

So to say he doesnt have the athleticism required I think is disingenuous. I DO think his engine gets worn down around minute 60-70 almost every game at which point he becomes pretty useless. But thats as a MIDFIELDER. As an outside back his fuel tank wont go to empty as quick.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts
Having a good first step and being athletic are two different things. He has so little lateral mobility and can barely change direction with any fluidity. When you're having to mark someone, you better have some of it, or your mind better be so far ahead that you can squash the play before it starts.

I think Muyl in any 4 man back line would get abused.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Having a good first step and being athletic are two different things. He has so little lateral mobility and can barely change direction with any fluidity. When you're having to mark someone, you better have some of it, or your mind better be so far ahead that you can squash the play before it starts.

Very good point and I believe therein lies the answer as to why theyve never trotted him out at outside back. Lateral mobility.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Just so were clear. Im proposing management covert Muyl to an outside back as a DEPTH option. Duncan and Taxi are starters. Are you saying that his one and only flaw (lateral quickness) excludes him from consideration here? Is his lateral quickness so incredibly poor that he would be on level or worse than Buckmaster?

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

appreciating the detailed assessment and good points about lateral quickness and short range quickness.

What do you think of him in the middle of the park? 

could he be a Dax like 6?

using tenaciousness and intelligence within the system?

Is the lateral mobility too limiting in this role as well?

his 1v1 skills would be less necesary or is his passing quality and range not good engouh?

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users