156 replies to this topic

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

BWP, Long, and Murillo are top priorities for some rotation for me. BWP has still looked himself but Armas has to be proactive managing his minutes. Long and Murillo have both had a few lapses in focus during this stretch and look like they could actually use the rest. Plus if we want any chance of actually keeping Escobar around he needs to start getting some minutes.

BWP did not look himself last night.  It was as if TH14's "he should have scored more" was ringing in his ear," in a bad way.    Murillo just got rest, courtesy of the red card.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

BWP did not look himself last night.  It was as if TH14's "he should have scored more" was ringing in his ear," in a bad way.    Murillo just got rest, courtesy of the red card.

The whole team looked off for good reason. This is a brutal stretch.

Im not looking for pretty soccer from our regulars at this point in the stretch. Im looking for the will to win and BWP had that last night. He was everywhere defensively and barking in guys ears all night long. He looked like a captain last night and thats what we needed him to be on a night when the legs were starting to die.

Hes gotta sit next one. Looked like he emptied the tank.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
Looking at ATL after the international break they have away in Colorado, away in San Jose then Home vs RSL all in a week.

Cant see them getting 9/9 in that stretch.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Looking at ATL after the international break they have away in Colorado, away in San Jose then Home vs RSL all in a week.

Cant see them getting 9/9 in that stretch.

You cant? Quakes are in the midst of one the worst seasons in MLS history and RSLs road record is atrocious. Maybe you can argue that Rapids are in a bit of resurgence with the Acosta acquisition, but I think its very plausible they get 9 out of 9.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Yeah... Unfortunately every game Atlanta is capable of winning.  As long as Martinez and Almiron are healthy anyway.  It's wild that those guys keep playing like every game and still look the same.  Martinez is built to handle the physicality but he also plays a crazy physical style.  Almiron seems like he'd be more likely to get injured but it doesn't happen.

Atlanta is the only team I'm truly afraid of this year.  Every other team, all things being equal, we can beat.  Atlanta at their best, I don't know... Need some fortunate bounces/calls in a game against them.  Especially in the playoffs where talent seems to mean that much more.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Atlanta is in the midst of a 4 game road trip, with 3 more to play. The opponents are not good, but earning 12 of 12 points on the road is very, very difficult in this league, no matter who you are.

RiverEnergyDrink

RiverEnergyDrink

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Just read on reddit that Long will be called into the national team camp for the upcoming friendlies.  Probably would be smart to rest him on wednesday or saturday (along with Adams). 

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Atlanta is the only team I'm truly afraid of this year.

The only team Im afraid of is us.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

The only team Im afraid of is us.

true. also ATL bought a bruiser for a CDM. 

and yes, ATL has the best road record, prob the best in MLS history. RSL only recently have picked up road results, but they are/were just as bad away from RioT as Minnesota has been away from the Twin Cities. 

that said Fuck Houston, we need squad rotation, but have no idea who they'll sit, but it seems Muyl and Davis will start. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Long will be called into the national team camp for the upcoming friendlies.  Probably would be smart to rest him on wednesday or saturday. 

Why?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Davis should be a lock to start since he was rested against DC. Partnered with who though is the question. 

Probably and swap of wingers with Ivan and Muyl replacing Etienne and Royer. 

We would look pretty toothless out there without Kaku and BWP so it will be a tough decision for Armas to make in how to manage their minutes. 

Don't think we need Collin out there but Escobar replacing Parker or Long should be a possibility. 

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Davis should be a lock to start since he was rested against DC. Partnered with who though is the question. 

Probably and swap of wingers with Ivan and Muyl replacing Etienne and Royer. 

We would look pretty toothless out there without Kaku and BWP so it will be a tough decision for Armas to make in how to manage their minutes. 

Don't think we need Collin out there but Escobar replacing Parker or Long should be a possibility. 

Can't start a 33 year old 4 times in 12 days.  Don't care about the circumstances, especially when part of that includes a cross-country trip.  Would be nice to give Kaku a breather but BWP is the worry here.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
Almost forgot to mention this but View From 202 reminded me. I think Davis has been playing his best soccer over the past month or so. Feel like the guy gets completely ignored, but hes been exceptional recently.

BWP sits. Thats me 2 cents. Any other rotation is up to Armas. Id like to get Royer and Taxi some time too. Not sure if Long and Parker can hold on. CBs typically can log the miles but our system is so demanding.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Almost forgot to mention this but View From 202 reminded me. I think Davis has been playing his best soccer over the past month or so. Feel like the guy gets completely ignored, but hes been exceptional recently.

BWP sits. Thats me 2 cents. Any other rotation is up to Armas. Id like to get Royer and Taxi some time too. Not sure if Long and Parker can hold on. CBs typically can log the miles but our system is so demanding.

We dodged a late bullet (Mattocks) Sunday where the replay showed Long too gassed to move over and challenge. Why the fear of playing Escobar is beyond me. Ironically the longer he goes without game time the more likely he will make a gaffe when needed. We need to rotate, especially against weaker opponents at home. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

too gassed to move over and challenge.

Team was tired on both ends.
RB only made 373 passes, 46 less than DC.
Only completed 67% of those, per MLS.
Although, looking back, there have been many games with less than 70% accuracy. Also, in the 4-0 drubbing of NYC, we only took 375 passes, and only connected on 65%, while the Smurfs made 474 passes, with 77% accuracy!
So, as usual, it is quality over quantity that counts.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users