Metro4LIFE

Metro4LIFE

Electron Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,421 posts
  • Interests:Metro, Graffiti, Art, Hookers
  • Supports:Metro
They used to show the other teams feeds a few years back when I had Direct Kick. But in the last couple of years they started blocking out games involving your home town entirely.Thats kinda dumb when your provider doesnt carry the network.

Soy Del Metrooooo, Del Metro soy yoooooooo!

FootballClubMaps.com :: High Quality Football Posters from around the globe. Get yours today!

NJEuroMutt

NJEuroMutt

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls,Nottingham My Kids

Worse comes to worse you can always find a feed on the internet. Thats how I view some matches since Im out of the region. Its not HD quality, but it does the job.

yup.. freefootball.org usually lists all MLS Games and the different links
Beckham? His wife can't sing and his barber can't cut hair.
Brian Clough

You're Going To Reap Just What You Sow,
You're Going To Reap Just What You Sow...

vonlages

vonlages

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 427 posts
  • Supports:WerderBremen RedBulls

I have a friend in Caroga Lake who had the MLS package and Redbull were blacked out most of the time when he tried to watch. His provider is Dish Network. Not sure if that makes any difference.

i have dish network and got the MLS package last year because the same crap was pulled on dish network so they dropped MSG.

I can not remember a game where i could not watch RB because of a black out.. Home or away. Then again i'm on a broadcast boarder between NY & PA
"They're more fun to agitate than Philly fans, and that's saying alot, because those fools are like human cartoons." - Faux Fur & Soccer Shirts

nyrmetros

nyrmetros

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,850 posts
  • Supports:Metros, USMNT, NUFC, Rangers
How do you people like Fios compared to TWC?

NewcastleEnergyDrink

NewcastleEnergyDrink

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Newcastle United, USA
I recently picked up FIOS after having Optimum and it's.... ok. I've had it for a few months now but I remember having more true HD channels with Optimum and find myself having to watch non HD channels sometimes because FIOS doesn't offer them. Aside from that the on demand options seem to be better and support is good enough. I don't know how that compares to TWC but I'm happy with it.
Why Soccer is better than Baseball:

Soccer is a game about a group of people working together to protect and obtain a common goal.

Baseball is a game with a bunch of babies just trying to run "home" and be "safe"

nlk10010

nlk10010

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

I recently picked up FIOS after having Optimum and it's.... ok. I've had it for a few months now but I remember having more true HD channels with Optimum and find myself having to watch non HD channels sometimes because FIOS doesn't offer them. Aside from that the on demand options seem to be better and support is good enough. I don't know how that compares to TWC but I'm happy with it.

I agree, ioTV's HD channel lineup, to me at least, is markedly better than FIOS's. But I had to switch from CV because Optimum internet was horrid, at least in my neck of the woods. If CV spent half the money on fixing their internet infrastructure that they do on commercials telling us how cheap they are and how bad FIOS is then they never would have lost me as a subscriber (or countless others in my neighborhood).

The above said, the quality on FIOS HD is much better on many (though not all) channels but FIOS installation and configuration is a bit trickier.

I would say to those looking to switch: check out the HD channels you want against the list FIOS provides and ask yourself if CV is providing the internet speed you need. And don't believe FIOS promises of "more HD channels coming". They've been making them for a couple of years now and still have been only able to add a handful.

"The company loves its money.

If they could, they'd go to strip clubs and throw naked women at money."

UpstateFan

UpstateFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
Personally, MSG asking me to switch providers because they are not getting along with a cable provider pisses me off. They are one TV network on a service that i pay for television, phone, and internet. To ask me to disrupt all of my services is very presumptuous i think.

Rooney22

Rooney22

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro

First world problems

kmb499

kmb499

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull NY, Everton

I wish MSG would join the 21st century and offer subscriptions via their website. I'd pay good money for a HD stream of their channels directly to my laptop without having to go through a blood-sucking cable provider.

The owners of MSG are blood-sucking cable providers themselves. So don't hold your breath!

NickyG

NickyG

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Supports:1996 NEW YORK
I have directTV and I really enjoy it. Great DVR and have very rarely lost signal due to weather. they have MSG.
“You can change your wife, your politics, your religion, but never, never can you change your favorite football team.” – Eric Cantona

jjtbone

jjtbone

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Supports:RBNY Player Hatah!

How do you people like Fios compared to TWC?

Actually I like FIOS much better than TWC. The service is better and the prices are more competative. I remember TWC tried to raise my rates by $40 a month and refused to negotiate. The only downside for awhile was MSG was not in HD but they fixed that fairly quickly.

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

The owners of MSG are blood-sucking cable providers themselves. So don't hold your breath!

MSG was spun off into its own company from Cablevision a few years ago. I think they are probably beginning to see which way the wind is blowing regarding TV and the internet.

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ
I'm hopeful that this MSG-TWC thing will be resolved by the time the Red Bulls start the 2012 season. Not really sure which side is more at fault, but I'm sure MSG is trying to cash in now that the Knicks are relevant for the first time in a decade.

MetroFever

MetroFever

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

I'm hopeful that this MSG-TWC thing will be resolved by the time the Red Bulls start the 2012 season. Not really sure which side is more at fault, but I'm sure MSG is trying to cash in now that the Knicks are relevant for the first time in a decade.

So far, not even the Jeremy Lin hysteria has mattered:

http://www.nytimes.c...b..._r=1&src=tp

UpstateFan

UpstateFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
It's all business, but MSG (and other content providers) have always rubbed me the wrong way in these disputes by suggesting that i change my TV provider as if MSG are the sole reason i get cable, and i should go through the hassle of changing providers for phone and internet also to suit their business position.

It doesn't matter anyway since the resolution is going to be either i'll get no games or my rates will get jacked up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users