• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 stopper

stopper

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,887 posts
  • Interests:Besides soccer? Golf, Asian girls, grilling, swilling good beer, petite syrah
  • Supports:Galaxy, USA. Xolos

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:25 AM

whit-e2013001_zps481908b4.jpg

For the younger among us, Chris Hinds was "Whit-e", one of the all-time good guys of the Riot Squad.  He lived in Carson, just minute from the Home Depot Center.  He saw us in the corner during the first season at Carson and asked someone, "How do you join?"  Someone answered, "You just did."

In the days before we were allowed to picnic on the grounds, we had to go down the road to Victoria Park.  Needless to say, it was quite the hassle to BBQ there, get pedo, then have to make our way to the game.  Whit-e was listening in on some talk about the massive July 4 shindig and how the heck were we going to make it happen?  He graciously offered his house for the July 4 tailgate.  Someone clarified that this could mean over 100 people.  He liked the idea even more.  The day after the party, the boards were lighting up with RS posting about what a wonderful party it was and what a perfect host Whit-e and his lovely wife Ana were.

I had the pleasure of attending one of Whit-e's tailgate parties shortly afterwards.  Being a fellow teacher, we had a little bit in common and hit it off right away.  My kids liked him a lot, and his garage.  He had made it a big of an arcade.

Some bastard piece of shit decided to go "hunting" one night, some dirty gang payback or something.  So the asshole decides to shoot any house in the neighborhood of some gang rival and shoots Whit-e in the head while he was playing poker with some friends.  We found out about it when Shooter went to his house with an extra ticket about a month later to see if Whit-e wanted to go to the game.  He carried that burden in his heart at the game, then posted it on the boards the next day.  We were all in shock and deeply affected.  I feel my eyes stinging as I write this.

I attended the first on these events, originally intended to raise money for his children's education fund.  I was the only LARS there, and it was an honor to represent you there.  Since then, several of the guys have played and last year managed our first RS foursome.  

I won't be there this time around.  I will be with my family on vacation.  I would love it if there was an RS foursome for this one again.  If you want to play but need a hand paying for the round, PM me and I'll split the donation with you.

Besides me, Shooter has played the most.  The Bruce and Bill have graced the course, and it is a nice one with lovely views.

Who's in?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users