Metro4LIFE

Electron Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,421 posts
  • Interests:Metro, Graffiti, Art, Hookers
  • Supports:Metro

http://www.mlssoccer...campaign=Unpaid

Looks like Colorado is chasing him for a summer move. I know we have Robles here but if Tim Howard plays anywhere but the Red Bulls while in MLS it would be a real shame.

Soy Del Metrooooo, Del Metro soy yoooooooo!

FootballClubMaps.com :: High Quality Football Posters from around the globe. Get yours today!

cBr

cBr

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts

some times you have to let the past stay in the past.  I got pissed that we weren't in the running for Bradley or Jozy b/c they also served a tactical purpose to go along with the sentimental feelings.

We have a guy who's entering his GK prime age ...he is  also just coming off the Goal Keeper of the year award.  He seems like  a great person and leader on top of that. 

Howard to MLS would be good for the league.  Colorado needs to show some sort of pulse in the marketing side of things even though it makes no sense since they already have a solid GK.

Some how i see the blue team swooping in and making something happen with this TAM money this summer.  It would be hilarious of Arena figured out a way to bring him to the Galaxy just to watch ppl's heads explode in the comments sections of mlssoccer .com 

5 year plan

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

We have the best gk in MLS right now.

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I just don't see Howard to Colorado as being realistic. He's always said he's happy at Everton and he''l probably spend a few more years there before potentially even coming to MLS. And would he want to go to Colorado? He's a Jersey guy and I believe he has a home in Tennessee so I don't see how Colorado fits into the picture. 

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts

I just don't see Howard to Colorado as being realistic. He's always said he's happy at Everton and he''l probably spend a few more years there before potentially even coming to MLS. And would he want to go to Colorado? He's a Jersey guy and I believe he has a home in Tennessee so I don't see how Colorado fits into the picture. 

marijuana-weed-jobs-cannabis-.jpg

5 year plan

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT

I would be a great home coming for Timmy to finish his career where it started. 

However, I think Luis has earned his spot as the Metro's keeper for years to come. He's been so solid for the past couple years. 

Howard is also pretty old, even though keepers can play well into their 40's. Another reason why I'd prefer Luis.  

bukie2k

bukie2k

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts
  • Supports:ManU, Cosmos, Metros

As far as Howard coming back here, I just don't see a true Metro wanting to be pimping for the Can.

When you are born, you get a ticket to the freak show. If you are born in the United States, you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

Nick,

Is his # 18 Jersey still on the shelf, or.....?

Thanks,

- People who remember you being a doofus

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

That said, I like T-Ho. It would be good to sing the old songs again. However, his cap number would be high, and we already have a keeper playing as well as you can ask, for a lot less. In the world of MLS, have MVP quality players making under $ 300k is what allows you to compete consistently. 

I would want T-ho back, but, not more than I want a solid keeper plus $ 200k in cap space, or whatever. We already paid down Sacha below DP for one year, and may need some TAM/Funny money to do that again, or to pay down Dax's new deal. I'd rather save the extra cap space we have for D-line depth and some extra attackers, than blow it all on a keeper who isn't materially better than what we have. Much as it would pain me to see TIMMAY play for anyone else. 

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,792 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

I'm not sure why Howard would want to come back, especially given his role with NBC Sports.  He isn't going to be able to do anything similar if he's back in the US.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts
Shame but reality in MLS . As much as I like Tom as a goalie and person as Jamison i don't like him or value him more than the way Robles is pkaying the cap space and the consistency.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

pushthepace

pushthepace

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

I love Timmy for his time with us, making his mark with his move straight away to Man Utd, transitioning greatly to Everton and of course his heroics with the USA, especially last WC. With all that said, we have a better, cheaper and younger option in Luis Robles. And with that said, I'm not sure Tim is ready for an MLS move yet, if he wants one at all. He loves it at Everton (even though there's rumblings here and there of losing his spot as the #1) and think he's slowly transitioning himself for his next career move which I believe will be as a Premier League commentator for NBCSN. He's already called quite a few games while playing in England. Just my guess that he'll like to retire with Everton and move into the booth and not MLS. 

UpstateFan

UpstateFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

I remember a podcast interview a couple years ago he said he was not interested at all is working back down the ladder when his skills start to fall off. He sounded pretty clear than when the game started to pass him by, he was going to quit. 

metros11

metros11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,906 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Well, Colorado just traded Irwin, so unless they think Philly reject Zach MacMath is the answer they may be close to Howard.

"What better way for DC United fans to drown their sorrows than with this new beer called 'The Tradition'.  A relic name of a bygone era where DCU was relevant." - VfLKirwan

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

Before signing his new Everton deal, I recall THo stating MLS had their chance and that ship has sailed.

I would be sad if the Red Bulls traded Robles to Colorado for the top allocation pick + anything they have to offer.

2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users