Photo

G's vs Pachuca Pre-Match Discussion: SUperLiga FINALS!

• Please log in to reply
563 replies to this topic

#481 AboutaSith

AboutaSith

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Interests:Football, Football, Football! Film, Music - listening and concert going, Baseball, Ice Hockey.
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, Liverpool, St Mirren

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:19 AM

My first act if I were cursed with the job of Galaxy coach would be an attempt to trade PV to Chivas USA for two kegs of Guiness (You guys can have it, I don't drink).

Two Kegs of Guiness? We'd be lucky to get two liters of Evian!

I noticed he walked off the pitch on his lonesome, walk of shame!

Good to meet some of y'all last night, had a great time, voice is raw need some libation! :pint:

QK shouting get into these fuckers had me laughing.

Decent second half from the guys, if only they could play like that more often. Some of the guys need to grow the nuts to know when to take a flippin shot on goal and stop looking to pass it around inside the box.

Security were a fooking joke, looked like they had a bunch of trainees, the blue shirts were dragging the yellow shirts telling them where to go, none of them were listening or talking to each other.
You have the capacity to learn from your mistakes. You will learn a lot today.
C'mon the Galaxy!
Liverpool for the Premier League,FA Cup & League Cup!
St Mirren for a top half finish in the SPL!
C'mon Angels!
Google+

#482 jamesey

jamesey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,991 posts
  • Supports:LA/USA

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:31 AM

I didn't see any of the match, I just watched the highlights.

Nice passback pete. I agree our defenders got torched on that play, but anybody with 2 hours of training in special ed gym class could have cleared that anywhere besides into the goal.

I refuse to ever blame anyone who misses a PK for a loss. It's an unwritten rule of things you just don't do.

...ooooh ooooooooh we are the riot squad...

#483 dashiel

dashiel

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:43 AM

i actually tossed and turned all night long dreaming about that game... i don't even do that when england lose on penalties (sidenote: why am i doomed to support teams that always lose the shoot out)

this loss feels like mls cup 2001. if not the better team we certainly didn't deserve to lose

#484 MisterA in the 626

MisterA in the 626

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Liverpool

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:44 AM

I must have been asleep in my seat last night because I saw no fights and had no problems with Pachuca fans. The real douchebags are the Chivas fans supporting Pachuca. There was this old man sitting on the other side of the isle wearing a fucking Morelia shirt. He was being a total twat so I finally asked him where Morelia was and then told him to shut his mouth. He went and stood at the top after Klein's goal. On the way out, there were several Pachuca fans that came over to me to shake hands and more or less say "good game." I think these are the real Pachuca fans. Their team dove a good bit, but so does ours sometimes. I think their players play classy as well.

#485 9ronaldo9

9ronaldo9

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts
  • Supports:Garaxy

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:08 AM

my head hurts...really bad. Last night was heartbreaking. fuck the g's for giving me hope. Pete should either be castrated or traded. Who could we get for Pete, Martino, and Pavon. Shit throw Buddle in their to. Klein decided to show up last night. Great all around from him. Randolph handled his business like a seasoned pro. Pete showed why we we've wanted his head since I started cheering on the g's. Cannon was amazing last night. I finally felt like he was almost worth trading away our up and coming talent. I feel like taking a rape shower.
I wish my grass was emo...then it would cut itself.

#486 S.Bones

S.Bones

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, USMNT, Foggia

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:18 AM

On the way out, there were several Pachuca fans that came over to me to shake hands and more or less say "good game." I think these are the real Pachuca fans. Their team dove a good bit, but so does ours sometimes. I think their players play classy as well.

You know, this was my experience, too. Lots of handshakes and (genuine, not condescending) pats of the back as we went up the aisle.

Local writers Andrea Canales and Luis Bueno are all over the match with commentary, video, and press conference audio at their blog, Sideline Views.

#487 LA Geordie

LA Geordie

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Interests:Umm...football?
  • Supports:Newcastle, Galaxy, Real Madrid, USA

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:32 AM

That was the worst sleep I've ever had. Tossed and turned all night, just got home threw down my jersey and literally fell into my bed and went to sleep. There's Always Next Year.

Posted Image

#488 ucsdguy

ucsdguy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,773 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Tottenham hotspur

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:42 AM

Sit Beckham the rest of the year. As it appears more likely the season is a lost cause, just let him get back to 100%.

Thought Donovan looked completely exhausted by overtime. Agree with Jamesey though, hard to blame players as penalty kicks are often crap shoots. At least Donovan’s shot was on target, unlike Xavier’s.

I’m not a big Tim Liewicke fan, but somewhat funny to see he, Albright, and grey going apeshit on the sidelines during the PK’s.

Loved that Pete waved to our section walking off after the game.

I still am not convinced Yallop should be fired before the season ends, but having Vagenas take the first penalty kick sure did move me towards it.

#489 LuvKeane

LuvKeane

Player/Manager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,303 posts
  • Interests:ROY KEANE AND FOOTBALL!!! Musical theatre (Non-Sondheim!)
  • Supports:Broadway & Prawn Sandwich Brigade

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:45 AM

Thought Donovan looked completely exhausted by overtime.

There is another thread and download about this but Frankie did make the best comment:
"The lads are fucking knackered!"

I'm sure him and everyone else is just exhausted! Thank you MLS and TV for this loverly schedule!
WEST END = PRE-BROADWAY TRY-OUTS

#490 AboutaSith

AboutaSith

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Interests:Football, Football, Football! Film, Music - listening and concert going, Baseball, Ice Hockey.
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, Liverpool, St Mirren

Posted 30 August 2007 - 11:20 AM

Putting the giant shirt banner up upside down and chanting "We dont know what we're doing" was classic.

The fecking linesmen on the opposite side from us was fuckin woeful. They should do what they do in Scotland and have them sponsered by Specsavers, maybe we can get Vision Express to sponser them over here and give them a free pair of specs.
You have the capacity to learn from your mistakes. You will learn a lot today.
C'mon the Galaxy!
Liverpool for the Premier League,FA Cup & League Cup!
St Mirren for a top half finish in the SPL!
C'mon Angels!
Google+

#491 shark_boy

shark_boy

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts
  • Supports:LA GALAXY - POR VIDA!

Posted 30 August 2007 - 11:35 AM

LARS was in great form last night. Took my uncle and cousin to their first game in 138. They want more!!

A lot of the fans of Mexican teams are arrogant ass holes. Not all of them, but I want to say a good majority of them. After the game, I was held back. 4 punks came and were waving a flag in my face. I tried to take it away from my face, flashed the jersey, next thing I knew, a bunch of Pachuca fans behind them wanted to start shit. It was harmless boasting on both our parts, but the fat fucks behind the punks took it serious. I was held back by LARS, and security came and pushed the Pachuca fans back. Peace was restored in our area, next thing I know, on the other side of 138/ 139, I see two guys in black and orange jerseys going to town on some one. I pushed my way through 138 to break up the shit, and I some how got there before security at the top of the section. They are fucking useless!
I shook some hands with Pachuca fans up top, the whole good game bit.
I dont know who to email regarding security, or lack there of. Do we email the G's FO? If so, who? Or do we email HDC staff?
This shit is fucking rediculous. It happens every time we play a mexican team or Chivas USA. You think they'd catch on by now...

As for the game, It was a good game on both sides. Randolph was a beast in the back with X! "Dont you know who that is? Thats FUCKIN MIKE RANDOLPH BITCH!!" Classic!

Sad to see Becks go down like he did, but it will finaly give him time to heal.

The G's played with heart and fury! I loved it!! Why cant they play like that every game? If we play like that during season, we are in the middle of the playoffs race. Is frank to blame for not motivating the players? I'd like to think not, but I guess its possible. My thinking is that the players should be motivated to win every fucking game to begin with the coach is just there to make the technial changes/ maneuvers.
Sad to know that Frank left like this (if he is in fact "stepping down"). I wish him all the best where ever he goes.

Peter F-ing Vagina... need I say more? I will any way... I have never liked this guy. I never under stood how he continues to make the team year in, year out. Yea, he bleeds the Galaxy colors, but so do most of us on these boards! That doesnt mean we can play like shit and still make the team, let alone start!
I have never been one to put the blame soley on one person for a loss. It is a team game, and to score a goal, you have to get by 11 players on the field. The way Pete plays, he reduces that number by four. He has always given up the ball in the midfield, and has ZERO vision. When guys on your own team are facing you shouting and pointing at an open player to pass to, and you're eyes are focussed solely on the ball and you pass it to a guy being covered by two defenders, you do not deserve to be in the field playing! PERIOD!!
He scored the goal to put us in the hole, he missed the first PK, he played like absolute shit for a full 120+... Frank, yank his ass out man!! ARE YOU FUCKING BLIND?!

Cannon was the man! He has been a wall back there all season! Shame on those of you who want to trade him way or just get rid of him. It cost us a lot to get him, I still think we over paid (Lalas), but he's here now, and I dont want to let him go! If it werent for him, we wouldnt even have the measly three wins we have now. Seriously, he is getting my LARS POTY vote! No one else compairs. Cobi has to get some other kind of life time achievement award.

The PKs... well, what can you say. They are a crap shoot for the keepers. You cant blame them for missing/ going the wrong way as they are at a disadvantage. There is no reason for a shooter to miss, except for a save by the keeper.

Pete, come on man, that was horrible! Expected, but horrible...

Klein... holy shit man! That is how you take a PK. That ball was going in no matter what the keepr did. That shot would have broken fingers and sprained wrists had the keeper tried an open hand save. Good shit!

Donovan, Landy Cakes... why you choose to get cute? You always do well in PKs for the Nats. Just send a driving shot to either side - MONEY! But now, when the kick ass trohpy is on the line, when our only saving grace this season is on the line, with $1 million on the line, against one of the best keepers in Mexico in goal, you decide to get cute and try to place a soft floater shot? This is the time when you should push the dagger in the beast and twist it to assure death, and instead, you taunt it with a soft poke?

Xavier... this is why you never put a defender in to shoot a PK. I know, no excuses, like I said, but defenders are trained to clear the ball out of danger. Call it instincts...

What can you do? There's always next year... (I feel like a Cubs fan saying that)

#492 Ed The Zombie

Ed The Zombie

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,690 posts
  • Supports:G's, Club America, WFC, USA

Posted 30 August 2007 - 11:44 AM

Fuck Peter Vaginas

Fuck Pachuca

Fuck Pachuca Fans(except Isaac)

Fuck the security

Fuck the morons who wore other Mexican team jerseys and were rooting for Pachuca

and last but certainly not least FUCK THE REFS!

EDIT: The G's played their hearts out and I haven't completely given up on these guys because of this match.
Fuimos. Bebimos. Chingamos.

#493 -stagnant-

-stagnant-

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts
  • Supports:The guy from Illinois

Posted 30 August 2007 - 11:55 AM

Fuck the morons who wore other Mexican team jerseys and were rooting for Pachuca

There was a lot of this going on. In fact I asked a guy why he had a Chivas kit on and was supporting Pachuca. He said, "Because they're the best team in Mexico". I said, "Oh yeah? Where do you live?" He said, "Here in LA!"
'There's sublime pleasure in displeasure'

#494 Dude Love

Dude Love

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:02 PM

There was a lot of this going on. In fact I asked a guy why he had a Chivas kit on and was supporting Pachuca. He said, "Because they're the best team in Mexico". I said, "Oh yeah? Where do you live?" He said, "Here in LA!"

Yeah, this is why I have a hard time calling the dipshit segment from last night "Pachuca fans." More like dumbass frontrunners trying to convince themselves they're fans instead of customers.

#495 CALEXICO

CALEXICO

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • Interests:Soccer. Fencing. Music. Film. Communication Theory.
  • Supports:LOS ANGELES GALAXY

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:02 PM

I though LARS was kinda weak until Klein's goal. The middle 30 minutes were pretty quiet. I blamed it on the mixed company in 138 though.

The Pachuca fans were loud, and annoying, but I thought they really brought it. They didn't take this game for granted, and I appreciated that. What I didn't appreciate was the high-pitched shrieking from the Tuzo fan that Moemar and I had to listen to the entire game (until we moved down, that is).

Randolph was Man of the Match. They were clearly avoiding his side of the field towards the 70th min. He was superb. He got caught upfield a bit, but if we had anything near quality in our other 3 last night, it wouldn't have been a problem.

Vagenas. You monkey fucker. You've been killing my team with your shitty passive aggressive style for years. But last night, you single-handedly removed my heart and stomped on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users