Photo

G's vs Pachuca Pre-Match Discussion: SUperLiga FINALS!

• Please log in to reply
563 replies to this topic

#496 S.Bones

S.Bones

Dir. of Football Operations

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, USMNT, Foggia

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:03 PM

There was a lot of this going on. In fact I asked a guy why he had a Chivas kit on and was supporting Pachuca. He said, "Because they're the best team in Mexico". I said, "Oh yeah? Where do you live?" He said, "Here in LA!"

"My brothers against my cousins, my cousins against my neighbors, my neighbors against my countrymen, my countrymen against all others"

I get the living in LA part, but how could anyone in a Chivas shirt say Pachuca is the best team in Mexico? No real Chivas fan would say that - those guys make Raider fan look rational and dispassionate.

#497 YAMEZ

YAMEZ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, El Salvador, Real Madrid

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:16 PM

I AGREE WITH YOU SHARK BOY. SAME THING HAPPEND TO ME, I WAS THERE WITH MY GIRLFRIEND, AND AS WE WERE LEAVING 138 THESE FUCKS KEPT TALKING THERE SHIT AND WAVING THERE FLAGS IN MY FACE.... I WAS AWARE OF THIS COMING INTO THIS GAME....TYPICAL MEXICAN REACTION......THEY NEVER STAND THERE GROUND TILL AFTER THEY HAVE WON THE GAME....WHERE WERE THERE BALLS DURING THE GAME. DAMN FUCKS!!! FUCK PACHUCA!!!FUCK PACHUCA FANS!!!!

I JUST HOPE WE END THIS SEASON ON A HIGHER NOTE. G'S NEED TO PLAY WITH THE SAME PASSION THEY PLAYED LAST NIGHT AND TRY TO GAIN SOME DIGNITY....

#498 Ed The Zombie

Ed The Zombie

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,690 posts
  • Supports:G's, Club America, WFC, USA

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:19 PM

TYPICAL MEXICAN REACTION

Hey, I usually dance around my sombrero and eat my burrito, but to each his own...
Fuimos. Bebimos. Chingamos.

#499 LuvKeane

LuvKeane

Player/Manager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,303 posts
  • Interests:ROY KEANE AND FOOTBALL!!! Musical theatre (Non-Sondheim!)
  • Supports:Broadway & Prawn Sandwich Brigade

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:19 PM

"My brothers against my cousins, my cousins against my neighbors, my neighbors against my countrymen, my countrymen against all others"

I get the living in LA part, but how could anyone in a Chivas shirt say Pachuca is the best team in Mexico? No real Chivas fan would say that - those guys make Raider fan look rational and dispassionate.

Yeah, so when Rangers comes and plays a friendly, I will wear my Celtic top and cheer for the Rangers!
WEST END = PRE-BROADWAY TRY-OUTS

#500 bardgal

bardgal

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:23 PM

FIRE PV! Fire him NOW.

That said, everyone please CEASE AND DESIST on the "VAGINA" comments immediately. Vaginas are GOOD THINGS. and Pete wishes he was as talented as a vagina. I know I don't need to remind anyone here of that, at least I hope I don't. I know you don't mean to be misogynistic, but you are.

There are many vaginas in LARS, and none of us are calling him Penis V'heinous not because he isn't heinous, (he is), but because we like penises (speaking for myself anyway.....)

Now back to how fast can we fire PV..... he is well past his sell by date and should be taken off the shelf.
Zidane, veuillez venir le jeu pour la Galaxy!

Ná glac pioc comhairle gan comhairle ban.

I'll trying being nicer, if you try being smarter.

#501 AnthonyNHB

AnthonyNHB

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:35 PM

Ugh.

That's a game we should have won. Poor job by security. Twigg gets jumped by a bunch of people, and I (with my bum knee and all) are there before security.

Fuck, I hate being a visitor in my own stadium.

EDIT: WTF am I thinking, jumping into the middle of a fight with my messed up knee. Brilliant!

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

Twitter: BigTony_42

#502 cesar

cesar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,146 posts
  • Supports:Women

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:44 PM

Security is a fucking joke! Assholes can't figure out how to draw a line to protect the one section of Galaxy fans in the entire stadium. What's worse is they don't even care.

I was told by one security supervisor, "now it not the time." After I told him that this mess was his job to secure the area. Hey asshole security guy named Richard, "When is the time to protect the people that come week in and week out?"

Or maybe we should just quit shelling out extra cash for these matches when we are to be outnumbered 40:1. Is our absence our only security?

I've already sent an email and will follow it up with a phone call in the morning.

this is why i think Lalas is a fucking joke. he is "one of us"? he did it to us in San Jose and i guess he did it to you guys again.

this piece of shit should concentrate on protecting the G fans. security should be his concern. there should not be any finger pointing there. this piece of shit should have taken care of his own.

fuck you lalas.

#503 pimp_victim

pimp_victim

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Supports:L.A Galaxy, USMNT, Bermuda

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:02 PM

I woke up to 7 text messages this morning from people asking me if i woke up in vomit. But no, I got that all out last night.

lets get real. Do you honestly think that Pete is going to go anywhere??? Ah negative. After all the players we've gotten rid of who actually had some talent..and still keeping vagina around..shit won't change.

And i really love how Cobi gets to go out with a season like this too. Unbelieveable bullshit. its really sad.

This team is beyond help. Nobody can do a thing for us now. Play out the rest of this horrific season, sit through the ridicule, and pray to the God above for a savior to come our way. And no, Becks is not that savior. Idk if i'm the only one who noticed but once he came out, we played a hell of a lot better.

#504 USfootballFAN

USfootballFAN

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Rangers, Arsenal

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:05 PM

They should just buy Pete a little red vest and send him out to the VIP entrance to park cars. That way he can still be part of the "Galaxy Family" without stinking up the pitch.

#505 El_Dude

El_Dude

Steve Sampson Groupie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Pizza and Boyzzzz! And Galaxy! And BEER!
  • Supports:no one...they support me!

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:05 PM

are you fucking shitting me? that's mike randolph bitches!!!!

we gave them everything!!!! this team sucks!! shit colorado had three on us by now!! those fucks couldn't even score one!!!

let's jump twigg! I hear his knee is shot. We may have a chance.

i don't hear a FUCKING THING!!!!

well at least pando can score on a pk!!!
STEVE SAMPSON; STILL THE GREATEST COACH OF THE LA GALAXY. EVER. PERIOD. EXCLAMATION POINT. NUF SAID. JAJAJA!

#506 -stagnant-

-stagnant-

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts
  • Supports:The guy from Illinois

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:06 PM

"Lessons from Superliga Final"

5. Something ain't right with the prize money: There was a lot of talk about the $1 million prize offered to the SuperLiga's winning team, but here's something odd: While the Pachuca players said their portion of the winning pot would total $350,000, MLS had already mandated that the Galaxy players would only receive $150,000 of the cool million had they won the game. I'm told that one reason MLS gave was because it didn't want the SuperLiga-winning player pool to exceed the player pool that goes to the MLS Cup winners (which is $165,000). Nonsense. The MLS players should have been allowed to negotiate their shares with their own team's management. In the end, the Galaxy players will still receive $100,000 for finishing second, while the Pachuca players announced they would donate part of their winnings to those affected by Hurricane Dean.

'There's sublime pleasure in displeasure'

#507 Ed The Zombie

Ed The Zombie

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,690 posts
  • Supports:G's, Club America, WFC, USA

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:09 PM

I can't stop watching this

Fuimos. Bebimos. Chingamos.

#508 Catamount

Catamount

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,634 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:13 PM

Catamount, I'm not disputing that Pete was awful tonight, but it seems to me he was just unlucky on the own goal. We had a breakdown on the right side which they had been exploiting because Beckham was playing so high. What I remember was Pete desperately rushing back to cover other people's mistakes and couldn't handle the hard cross. Help me out if you remember it differently.

And I neglected to mention earlier that the ref was horrible - we got homered on our own field. Pachuca dove early and often and the ref fell for it. The AR on the bench side was also terrible - he blew several offside calls, once for Pachuca and a couple of times for us. It seems that any time the Nats or an American club play in CONCACAF, it will also be called like an away game.

I also wonder what the heck went wrong with Pachuca in the second half. In the first 45 they were ready to run us off the field. If they had come out with authority in the first fifteen minutes of the second it would have been game over. Instead, they sort of drifted and let us back into the game. I don't think we made any amazing adjustments - although Cobi for Pavon sure helped. I think Pachuca lost the plot for awhile.

And one more gripe. $20 to park in the dirt because I wasn't allowed to go to Lot 13 because I made the mistake of entering through the gate the website said to use. Plus I'd had my car detailed this morning, so I was extra happy to play extra money to park in the dirt. Awesome job, HDC.

I know you're not. As a guy who has coached for a while, you get a certain feeling that a player is going to create a disaster at the worst possible moment. It almost happened in Dallas when PV was directly linked to three of the goals. Last night it happened. These are moments you can't get back. The G's would have been better than Pachuca with Tudela or Caso in that position. As it was we played them even.

Pachuca doesn't see high quality goalkeeping game in and game out like MLS. I think they would struggle in this league. They aren't great finishers against top class keepers. The MLS could have the best goal keeping top to bottom in the world.

As for what happened to Pachuca in the second half. The G's are far more athletic, faster and more powerful at every position. The Gophers were forced to maintain their shape without straying to protect the one goal lead. This is good soccer. If you have an athletic advantage you can take more risks. If you are athletically inferior you must stay together. Pachuca does that very well, but they sacrifice offense when they do. Secondly the G's seemed more patient in this game. They didn't dive in as much. They kept the game in front of them and Pachuca could not break them down as easily. Pachuca loves numbers up situations. They bait you to dive in or kamakazee a 50/50 ball. Only PV constantly and K-Mart occasionally obliged in this game. It's simply hard to describe how horrible PV was. I felt that the one training session conducted by Frankie made a huge difference in this game. The G's tactic was cohesive.

This leads me to believe that when Frank has a chance to coach (they have had exactly one training session this month and that was this past Tuesday), the team responds very well. The play of X and Roberts in the middle is a very good example. Neither allowed the flank attack to pull them out. X would stay central and let the Gopher wide player run free toward the endline as Klein tracked back. this was by design. Frank said we don't think they will hurt us around the flanks, but they will kill us up the middle. Give them the flanks. It worked beautifully. Randolph basically stuffed the Pachuca right flank. Pachuca never scores off the cross, they score off the second and third ball. The Gopher forwards never really sorted this out and they actually ran out of ideas. The G's chances were of far higher quality than the Gophers, and Cannon stood up well with a solid tactic in front of him.

Any time you prevent a team from scoring, your tactic was successful. If the G's had simply put players on the pitch that help rather than hurt they would be Superliga champs.

The rest of this season is preseason for next season. The calendar won't be nearly as full since the G's have qualified for nothing but the chance to play into the US Open Cup.

#509 S.Bones

S.Bones

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, USMNT, Foggia

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:14 PM

"Lessons from Superliga Final"

5. Something ain't right with the prize money: There was a lot of talk about the $1 million prize offered to the SuperLiga's winning team, but here's something odd: While the Pachuca players said their portion of the winning pot would total $350,000, MLS had already mandated that the Galaxy players would only receive $150,000 of the cool million had they won the game. I'm told that one reason MLS gave was because it didn't want the SuperLiga-winning player pool to exceed the player pool that goes to the MLS Cup winners (which is $165,000). Nonsense. The MLS players should have been allowed to negotiate their shares with their own team's management. In the end, the Galaxy players will still receive $100,000 for finishing second, while the Pachuca players announced they would donate part of their winnings to those affected by Hurricane Dean.

You know, I'm completely in favor of single entity, and no pro/rel given the realities of our league, but his is just wrong. Wrong on so many levels. One more example of how our league, setting aside the hearts of our players, is miles from being Major League.

#510 BuggerOff

BuggerOff

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
  • Interests:Global Domination and Napping
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:16 PM

Second Fight....In 137

Twigg gets punched, my father in law jumps right in, because that's the type of person he is. Someone yells, "Pablo, Daniels under a Pachuca fuck", I break from doing securities job between sec 138/139, jump through 10 benches and start in on the fucker that punched Twigg and in now on top of my father in law. I have a black eye and a bunch of bumps on my head from the opportunistic Pachuca fans.

Fuck it, I know going into these matches that MEXICANT fans are incapable of Winning/Losing with any class. The FO should know this as well, they should have been better prepared. A big FUCK YOU to the HDC security guards, you are all mental midgets.

To the positives:

The Squad was strong last night.

I brought the in-laws and they loved it, my father-in law is a perfect fit for our group.

The G's played with heart, I only wished they played that way since the beginning.

I had a bacon wrapped, and I don't have mud-butt!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users