adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I thought this was the thread everyone shts on GSU, not politics?  :P

Anyways why don't they just move? or ESC just move? If theres that much friction we wouldn't be the first team with supporters on opposite ends. Galaxy do it here in LA

GSU did move at one point in the past.

Those in 'regular' seats would not welcome a change, I would guess.

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO
I'm still laughing at anti trump scarves, almost as funny as make America great hats made in China.

You take politics out of soccer and you end up with American football!

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I'm still laughing at anti trump scarves, almost as funny as make America great hats made in China.

You take politics out of soccer and you end up with American football!

Silly me, I didn't realize I only came to watch a sport.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
The thing everyone is sleeping on was the GSU holding up a "Fuck Don Garber" banner. Thankfully it flew under the radar but if they bring it to the opener somebody is bound to notice it and we have another shitstorm in the SW. Regardless as to what we all think of Garber trying to bait the bear and violating league policy on obscenities and giving them a pretext to drop the hammer on us seems incredibly foolish.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

The thing everyone is sleeping on was the GSU holding up a "Fuck Don Garber" banner. Thankfully it flew under the radar but if they bring it to the opener somebody is bound to notice it and we have another shitstorm in the SW. Regardless as to what we all think of Garber trying to bait the bear and violating league policy on obscenities and giving them a pretext to drop the hammer on us seems incredibly foolish.

Was it that banner that says "Funk You Garber" with the caricature of George Clinton in the middle or was it a new sign that just said "Fuck Don Garber?

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts

Was it that banner that says "Funk You Garber" with the caricature of George Clinton in the middle or was it a new sign that just said "Fuck Don Garber?

You may be right as that's probably the one I saw. The calligraphy on the banner made it hard to tell. Either way it just seems counterproductive to try and draw heat from the league for no reason. Also I think even implying an obscenity on a banner may not be kosher with the league and the last thing I want is for them to have an excuse to rain shit down on us.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts

You may be right as that's probably the one I saw. The calligraphy on the banner made it hard to tell. Either way it just seems counterproductive to try and draw heat from the league for no reason. Also I think even implying an obscenity on a banner may not be kosher with the league and the last thing I want is for them to have an excuse to rain shit down on us.

Not saying I disagree, was just curious, as I wasn't able to attend last night. They've actually been displaying that banner sporadically for a couple of seasons. Surprised they haven't been sanctioned for it or had it banned from the stadium. I believe its inception was during the YSA debacle.

Metromaniac01

Metromaniac01

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, US Nats, SMF

I feel GSU has zero purpose in the South Ward, but I do think that's kinda funny. Sounds a bit pussyish to want it taken down.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts

I feel GSU has zero purpose in the South Ward, but I do think that's kinda funny. Sounds a bit pussyish to want it taken down.

I'm just a bit surprised they haven't caught shit from the club/league for it.

ig101

ig101

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,423 posts

South ward is cancer :)

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts

To be clear I don't give a shit about it, I'm just afraid that the powers that be will take issue with it and it will cause an unnecessary problem.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

Regardless, everyone should leave their politics at home please. Either side of the political spectrum should keep it away for 2 hours.

Nope, you can go fuck yourself. This is America. Freedom of speech, expression.... 

OH WAIT, we're in Trump's America now.... Yeah, you right... The people calling people "snowflakes" get butt hurt about everything that doesn't go their way. Name calling makes them angry.. 

me la pela hijo de puta.

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts

Nope, you can go fuck yourself. This is America. Freedom of speech, expression.... 

OH WAIT, we're in Trump's America now.... Yeah, you right... The people calling people "snowflakes" get butt hurt about everything that doesn't go their way. Name calling makes them angry.. 

me la pela hijo de puta.

Would you be alright with someone wearing a shirt suggesting we secure our borders. What about a MAGA hat?

No, you wouldn't be.

Leave your politics at home.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Everyone seemed to get along today.

At one point, though, someone in 133 along the aisle shattered a seat, seemingly unintentionally. 

Does the club still charge the SGs for broken seats?  Or deduct from tifo money? 

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.
GSU is still a thing?

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users