• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:My master's bidding
  • Supports:Sauron

https://twitter.com/...946869638877184

X1tBsLM.png

This means one of two things:

1) they've moving the U23s to PDL which is something MLS has been strongly suggesting for a while. It's a step up in competition and a better run league. No more fly-by-night teams giving away teams coolers full of beer instead of water.

2) they're dropping another cost and not having a U23 team.

Door #1 is reportedly what they're doing. (Hopefully.)

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

break516beatz

break516beatz

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Man United

Further down that thread the guy states that he thinks the u-23's are moving to PDL. Here's my line of thinking -- they pull the U-23's out of NPSL, move them to PDL, and then essentially become RBNY II, giving guys like Allen, Miazga, and Metzger a place to develop. 

Now, this is complete common sense thinking so we all know full well RB isn't going to do anything remotely close to this, but having said that it's nice to think about.

F U NYCFC

Our home, our club. You will always be #2 in NY/NJ

If you want to hear my ramblings on football and hockey on Twitter, give me a follow: @jeffreykleiman

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

Further down that thread the guy states that he thinks the u-23's are moving to PDL. Here's my line of thinking -- they pull the U-23's out of NPSL, move them to PDL, and then essentially become RBNY II, giving guys like Allen, Miazga, and Metzger a place to develop. 

Now, this is complete common sense thinking so we all know full well RB isn't going to do anything remotely close to this, but having said that it's nice to think about.

Nope. Professionals can't play in PDL (except in very special circumstances). This will not be a substitution for a USL Pro team. Pretty much covers the same ground as NPSL, just at a slightly higher level of competition. 

So many annoying, complicated rules.

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
They must be keeping the u23s. Why else make the upgrades to the training center?

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

They must be keeping the u23s. Why else make the upgrades to the training center?

Exactly

MadisonMetro

MadisonMetro

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Good on moving out of the NPSL.  It's basically just an enhanced rec league.  Not sure that the PDL is much better, but whatever.

msilverstein47`

msilverstein47`

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Supports:NPSL

http://www.uslpdl.co... 74539942 16629

so does NY = NYRB???

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,800 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I'm easily confused, but why have a U23 of some form, and a USL Pro?  We need both?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

can someone please give me a quick summary of the divisions/leagues and teams we have?

MLS - Red Bull New York

NASL - nothing

USL - (unnamed RBNY team)

PDL - U-23 RBNY team??

NPSL - nothing (formerly U23's)

is this accurate?

break516beatz

break516beatz

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Man United

I'm easily confused, but why have a U23 of some form, and a USL Pro?  We need both?

Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong but USL-Pro is a professional team and the U-23's are not. College kids can play on the U-23 team and keep their NCAA eligibility while the USL-Pro team a student would lose college eligibility if he played there.

EDIT: MoS would be the best person to clarify this because he knows more about these bullshit rules than anyone else I know.

F U NYCFC

Our home, our club. You will always be #2 in NY/NJ

If you want to hear my ramblings on football and hockey on Twitter, give me a follow: @jeffreykleiman

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,800 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong but USL-Pro is a professional team and the U-23's are not. College kids can play on the U-23 team and keep their NCAA eligibility while the USL-Pro team a student would lose college eligibility if he played there.

EDIT: MoS would be the best person to clarify this because he knows more about these bullshit rules than anyone else I know.

Okay, that I get.  I was thrown off by someone earlier saying Allen, Miazga, and Metzger  could play there.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

can someone please give me a quick summary of the divisions/leagues and teams we have?

MLS - Red Bull New York

NASL - nothing

PDL - U-23 RBNY team??

is this accurate?

For the most part. NPSL was formerly the U23s which allowed college players since it wasn't a professional league. By having a USL Pro team, those players in college under the age of 23 lose college eligibility if they decide to sign professionally, in which case, kiss any HGP rights goodbye while they are still in college. The PDL team is not professional and allows those in college to play in this league.

We don't have clubs in NPSL or NASL.

2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

http://www.uslpdl.co... 74539942 16629

so does NY = NYRB???

yes.

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

1) U23 is for college kids who need something do to in the spring and summer while maintaining their eligibility 

2) yes

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

MLS - Red Bull New York

NASL - nothing

PDL - U-23 RBNY team??

is this accurate?

yes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users