#106 Ben7

Ben7

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,949 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, MLS & USMNT

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:08 PM

I don't know and haven't come around estimates either.

the G's will get some for the KO round 13-14, but obviously none for the failed 14-15 (unless they win CCL 13-14).

As they didn't finish as Supporters Shield or MLS Cup Champs however, they will get a better allocation ranking an more allocation money there, than in the past 2 years. Still, likely doesn't make up for it tough, see RSL this year, where they had to cut 2-3 starters (Olvae, Johnson and Espindola)

#107 Johnny Chanclas

Johnny Chanclas

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Interests:Futbol & Soccer
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, USMNT, B&G, WBA, Atlas

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:23 PM

Hudisic(offically)and Keane(2 maybe 3 years)signed today. I cam here for answers/clarification/yey/nays and crickets...
"If you are going to do something wrong, do it right."

#108 Ben7

Ben7

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,949 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:41 PM

Hudisic

I never judge players I haven't seen play or which I don't remember.

They seem to know him on and off the field.

So all I can say for now, it's a welcome addition, but hopefully not the only one.

As I pointed out, IMO the main need the G's have is the midfield, in all positions, shapes or forms.

Keane

as for Keane re-re-re-signing (was under contract for 2014 with his current deal) and now for 2015, aswell, with an option for 2016 as far as I understood it.  Great News. The way he plays, produces and improved/adapted since he came here is something future DPs should emulate.

He also seems to be happy in LA and MLS while not just being here for the money.

#109 fredo9

fredo9

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts
  • Interests:The Beautiful Game & Ugly Tales
  • Supports:GALAXY!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:32 PM

tumblr_mdlpxs4d8f1rr1h8wo1_400.gif
"That's life." -Bruce Arena

"There's no easy games in The MLS." -Robbie Keane

See You Later, My Friend!

#110 Ben7

Ben7

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,949 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:10 AM

Source

Zardes, who grew up just a few miles from StubHub Center, signed a Homegrown Player contract last December, but it's likely he will lose that designation for next season after playing 2,170 minutes – plus another 210 in the playoffs. That means his substantial salary would count against the Galaxy's cap, so his output will be more vital.

#111 Ben7

Ben7

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,949 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:50 AM

MLS Re-Entry Draft 1-2 coming up

2013 RE-ENTRY DRAFT ELEGIBLE PLAYERS BY CLUB

Chicago Fire (9): M Corben Bone, D Shaun Francis, M Joel Lindpere, M Daniel Paladini, M Logan Pause, M Chris Rolfe, F Maicon Santos, M Wells Thompson*, M Michael Videira

Chivas USA (3): D Ante Jazic*, D Steve Purdy, M Josue Soto

Columbus Crew (2): M Danny O'Rourke, M Konrad Warzycha

Colorado Rapids (3): GK Steward Ceus, D Brian Mullan, M Jamie Smith

D.C. United (6): M Dwayne De Rosario, D James Riley, F Carlos Ruiz, M Marcelo Saragosa, M John Thorrington, D Daniel Woolard

FC Dallas (3): F Kenny Cooper, M David Ferreira, D Ugo Ihemelu

Houston Dynamo (5): D Bobby Boswell*, F Calen Carr*, D Mike Chabala, M Alex Dixon, F Cam Weaver

LA Galaxy (4): M Colin Clark, M Laurent Courtois, D Sean Franklin, M Pablo Mastroeni*

Montreal Impact (1): M Sinisa Ubiparipovic

New England Revolution (5): D Kevin Alston*, F Chad Barrett, F Ryan Guy, M Clyde Simms, M Juan Toja

New York Red Bulls (5): F Andre Akpan*, D Brandon Barklage, F Fabian Espindola, GK Kevin Hartman, D Heath Pearce*

Philadelphia Union (1): D Chris Albright*

Portland Timbers (2): D David Horst, D Ryan Miller

Real Salt Lake (4): M Yordany Alvarez, D Brandon McDonald, GK Josh Saunders, M Khari Stephenson

Seattle Sounders (6): D Marc Burch, GK Josh Ford, M Blair Gavin, M Mauro Rosales, F Steve Zakuani*

San Jose Earthquakes (4): D Nana Attakora, M Mehdi Ballouchy*, D Dan Gargan, GK Evan Newton

Toronto FC (2): F Justin Braun*, M Bobby Convey

Vancouver Whitecaps (4): GK Joe Cannon, F Tommy Heinemann, F Corey Hertzog, GK Brad Knighton

NOTE: * indicates players out of contract. All other players had their options declined.

#112 Ben7

Ben7

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,949 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:05 AM

Of corse most are older an a bit pricey at times, but there are a few intriguing players (like Rolfe for example) available.

age/injury/salary all seem to come into it aswell obviously.

Also Gato (which is retired I know), is available on a free transfer - even if it's just for a day

Wouldn't be sorry for any of Clark, Mastroeni, Franklin (too pricey + better alternatives) and Courtois leaving.

#113 AnthonyNHB

AnthonyNHB

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:40 PM

Both Mastroeni and Franklin are too expensive.  I'd like to keep Franklin, but not at that cost - maybe somewhere around 80-100k.  Courtois with his 47k yearly isn't that bad.  Maybe if he played more, he might catch on better with the first team - not sure.  When he did play, he didn't look terrible, so I'm a little surprised that he's on the list.

The big concern is that Cudiccini isn't on the list.  Do they see trade value in him?  What are they hoping for.  Just dump him and get rid of him.

Get Stephens to take a salary reduction, he's too expensive.  Zardes might start costing us full price because of the minutes he played, so they need to trim the fat.

Almost forgot, get rid of Rogers - he isn't worth 90k. 

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

Twitter: BigTony_42

#114 Ben7

Ben7

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,949 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:50 AM

Both Mastroeni and Franklin are too expensive.  I'd like to keep Franklin, but not at that cost - maybe somewhere around 80-100k.  Courtois with his 47k yearly isn't that bad.  Maybe if he played more, he might catch on better with the first team - not sure.  When he did play, he didn't look terrible, so I'm a little surprised that he's on the list.

The big concern is that Cudiccini isn't on the list.  Do they see trade value in him?  What are they hoping for.  Just dump him and get rid of him.

Get Stephens to take a salary reduction, he's too expensive.  Zardes might start costing us full price because of the minutes he played, so they need to trim the fat.

Almost forgot, get rid of Rogers - he isn't worth 90k. 

Well Pablo retired.

Franklin will either get picked by another team, by the G's at a lower rate or move outside of MLS with the G's gaving his rights.

Courtois was a nice spark at times, but I think he's too old to contribue more minutess still for the league minimum some veteran experience isn't too bad.

Cudicini isn't allowed in the Re-Entry draft yet as all players must have been in MLS for at least 3 seasons I believe.

More than likely the contract will be mutually terminated. Don't think the G's need or want him around anymore. If we have bad luck he'll remain on the salary books tough, despite not playing.

Stephens likely is out of contract to, I'd prefer to see more of Garcia or spots for academy players.

Don't think there's much upside left in him. If the G's can renegotiate him to a lower deal, then I don't mind him sticking around.

Rogers likely will make more this year than last (full season, built in raise) I guess.

He'll need to be healthy and provide better results regardless of his salary in order to be on eof the  "worst trades in MLS history"

I've opened the new thread - take the discussion there

@ mods can you lock this one and sticky the new one please

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users