#17 taco jones

taco jones

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles

Posted 29 May 2006 - 01:32 AM

The worst is continually hearing both the players and staff say "We're not panicking yet."

We've basically been eliminated from the Supporter's Shield race with three fourths of the season left to play.

We're on pace for less than 30 points.

We show no signs of improvement.

But don't panic?

Well fine, I won't panic. Just don't keep telling me "we play for championships."

Clearly, we play for fourth place.

Fuck that and fuck you.

#18 Caasi Gohd

Caasi Gohd

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,780 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Pachuca

Posted 29 May 2006 - 10:44 AM

speechless, I've run out of things to say

#19 RobertTheBruce

RobertTheBruce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,432 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy dickheads! Arsenal

Posted 29 May 2006 - 05:08 PM

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!

#20 cesar

cesar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,146 posts
  • Supports:Women

Posted 30 May 2006 - 12:38 AM

what is Lalas waiting for?

#21 Cristobal Guillermo

Cristobal Guillermo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,817 posts
  • Supports:GaLAxy, USWNT, Reign, Tacoma Stars

Posted 30 May 2006 - 08:59 AM

The Galaxy is not an organization that will accept being a perennial bottom dweller.

The organization seems to be accepting it now. Just pathetic.

Proud "been a fan since '96" douchenozzle

Cogito me cogitare, ergo cogito me esse. Et futuito istam pullam!

http://www.nybooks.c.../15/our-moloch/

#22 mandarindeli

mandarindeli

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:film, my artwork, writing, listening to music, wasting time on the internet, soccer
  • Supports:Galaxy, Chelsea, USMNT, England

Posted 30 May 2006 - 10:57 AM

I was gonna say something about rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic, but then I realized that the FO isn't doing jack shit. So this is more like drinking a pina colada while an iceberg slowly crushes the lower half of your body.

#23 El Cabezon

El Cabezon

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 11:01 AM

Interesting how the two biggest markets in the MLS have the distinct honor of being home to last place teams. Also interesting how Lalas was the GM for both of these outfits. Hmmmmmm............Super Clubs my Arse!! Wednesday will be a major stroke job IMO.

#24 jamesey

jamesey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,991 posts
  • Supports:LA/USA

Posted 30 May 2006 - 12:45 PM

what is Lalas waiting for?

I can only hope he's waiting for a decent coach to accept the position. The rational side of me says that he's waiting for things to turn around on their own.

...ooooh ooooooooh we are the riot squad...

#25 cesar

cesar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,146 posts
  • Supports:Women

Posted 30 May 2006 - 02:28 PM

I can only hope he's waiting for a decent coach to accept the position. The rational side of me says that he's waiting for things to turn around on their own.

my problem is why is he still waiting for things to turn around. he should fire this muppet and in the meantime get one of the assistants to run the team. nothing is turning around. this team has been very mediocre (at best) for the last year. the Open Cup and Championship are just a facade to cover the real shitty football. he took a 1st place team that looked happy together to a team that is probably in the lowest point of its existence. to me he should have been fired the day after Lalas came in. if Lalas is gunshy, fire his ass too. he cant just sit and wait for things to turn around.

#26 El Cabezon

El Cabezon

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 02:54 PM

I think Lalas is a GM apprentice and Liewiecke is the man behind the curtain at this time. Hockey season is over and Timmy has lots of time on his hands to meddle. Either way, they get no charity from me. I'd rather spend the money on minor league baseball at this point. Go Long Beach Armada!

#27 Slug

Slug

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy, U.S.A.

Posted 30 May 2006 - 04:38 PM

Fuck!!! Why can't anyone in the FO see that Fathead is a friggin cancer to this team?

Let's Eat!

#28 Catamount

Catamount

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,634 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 12:02 PM

I have been an Alexi Lalas fan since the first day I saw him play. He has never been a guy that makes excuses for himself or for others. I have seen him step up and be counted over and over again. So I can give him some time to make his move...but I won't give him forever. Not for one moment has he been the GM of a first place team...he has spent a lot of time as the GM of a bottom dweller. The only team that he played for that ever won anything was the Galaxy.

Does Alexi have the power to fire Sampson...his job title says he does, but I'm not sure his actual position in the company does. We shall see. I can't imagine that AL likes and appreciates Sampson, their entire past history together tells me that AL can't stand him as a coach. So there are only a few explanations possible as to why AL has not fired Sampson:

1) The time is not right (no suitable replacement).
2) An agreement has already been made with a coach, and he is waiting for the right time to announce it.
3) He does not make the decision, he only acts as a spokesperson.
4) He's waiting for Sampson to hang himself (which in my opinion, he has already done.)

#29 S.Bones

S.Bones

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, USMNT, Foggia

Posted 01 June 2006 - 12:06 PM

After last night, we're still there, and sucking more than before!

With another shut out loss on Saturday, the G's will surpass the club record for consecutive losses and the all-time MLS record for consecutive scoreless minutes.

Comment.

#30 Chalky

Chalky

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy

Posted 01 June 2006 - 12:12 PM

After last night, we're still there, and sucking more than before!

With another shut out loss on Saturday, the G's will surpass the club record for consecutive losses and the all-time MLS record for consecutive scoreless minutes.

Comment.

whwn Lalas mentioned in front of the crowd that he was excited to experience his first "super classico" in person next week and keep the streak alive against Chivas, I yelled out, "What? The scoreless streak?!?" That got a good laugh.

God we suck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users