jamesey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,991 posts
  • Supports:LA/USA

Posted 01 June 2006 - 12:38 PM

i don't think sampson will be fired until at least after the world cup

that's would hurt but might be worth it if we can get Klinnsmann. If we get someone like Yallop, I'll be angry we didn't hire him sooner. At the moment, I want Klinnsmann more than Yallop. We need fresh meat coaching in MLS. That's a whole other thread...

...ooooh ooooooooh we are the riot squad...

#33 LAintensity

LAintensity

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Interests:Futbol(soccer),Basketball, Cars,Computers,Partys,Women,Drinking
  • Supports:LaGalaxy,Man U, Boca Jrs.

Posted 01 June 2006 - 01:21 PM

Wow the long season continues i really regret getting season tickets now , i need to finish paying off the rest of the season to get the remaining tickets damm. What pisses me of the most is watching fathead smile during games as if nothing is wrong. :angry:
Well, I would eat you fast so i wouldn't get flacid - Peter Griffin

Canada Sucks- Peter Griffin

Oooh Right! - Quagmire

#34 Morgoth

Morgoth

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts
  • Supports:B&G FC

Posted 01 June 2006 - 01:32 PM

After last night, we're still there, and sucking more than before!

With another shut out loss on Saturday, the G's will surpass the club record for consecutive losses and the all-time MLS record for consecutive scoreless minutes.

Comment.

there needs to be a pitch invasion when the scoreless streak breaks the 600 minute mark (30 minutes into the game vs Chivas), or at the end of that game. The invasion/celebration should be carried out with a smugness that says........this record is untouchable!

1) The time is not right (no suitable replacement).

its the only reason i put up with this shit.

to put it in blunt terms.......find mr right, not mr right now.........let this season be a sacraficial lamb to the future glories this club can attain
)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))+++++++++
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
++++++++++++))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

#35 uclacarlos

uclacarlos

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 03:24 PM

Steve-O was Mr. Right-for-Chivas-so-Heaven-Forbid-we-let-THAT-Happen. :)+

#36 ucsdguy

ucsdguy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,773 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Tottenham hotspur

Posted 01 June 2006 - 03:44 PM

that's would hurt but might be worth it if we can get Klinnsmann. If we get someone like Yallop, I'll be angry we didn't hire him sooner. At the moment, I want Klinnsmann more than Yallop. We need fresh meat coaching in MLS. That's a whole other thread...

I just think if they're going to bring in a new coach, who will want to implement a new system, the thinking is best to do it when Donovan is back and the squad is really at full strength with no distractions.

Also for the aforementioned hinting a Klinnsman possibly being available. But, at this point I'd have to say Yallop would be the front-runner.

#37 Random Mayhem

Random Mayhem

First Team

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
  • Interests:Soccer and Strippers
  • Supports:Galaxy, USMNT, NUFC

Posted 02 June 2006 - 03:22 PM

Everyday i check the galaxy homepage, just hoping that Sampson is fired...only to be extremely let down everytime i do.

#38 El_Dude

El_Dude

Steve Sampson Groupie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Pizza and Boyzzzz! And Galaxy! And BEER!
  • Supports:no one...they support me!

Posted 02 June 2006 - 03:42 PM

i thought i was the only one....

i keep hoping-ah these fuckers let their guard down and I will be the one to post the fact that sam I am is one of the 75000 people who lost his job this month. Hey Stevo I have a website for ya!

lalas was talking about sending a message and doing the right thing and impact and blah blah and all of that at the town hall the other night. it's true that firing sampson might not have an immediate impact, but I think we might score again and that is why I'm all for it.

take this example for what it's worth. the pistons under larry brown couldn't score more than 80 points a game last season. this season they couldn't score less than 100--what was the obvious difference? not the players. it was a new coach.

please fire sampson so I stop having the shit kicked out of me by merely thinking of the Mighty G's!
STEVE SAMPSON; STILL THE GREATEST COACH OF THE LA GALAXY. EVER. PERIOD. EXCLAMATION POINT. NUF SAID. JAJAJA!

#39 twigg

twigg

whiskey - fueled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,041 posts
  • Interests:The game. It's history, it's personalities, it's rivalries.
  • Supports:Liverpool, Eintracht, Distillery

Posted 03 June 2006 - 12:32 PM

Everyday i check the galaxy homepage, just hoping that Sampson is fired...only to be extremely let down everytime i do.

Ditto.

I check in the morning - in case he was fired over dinner the night before, and again in the evening in case Lalas watched that day's practice and had enough.
Coimhead fearg fhear na foighde. Beware the anger of a patient man, - Gaelic Proverb

Sam's Club

#40 Chalky

Chalky

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy

Posted 03 June 2006 - 12:45 PM

I also googe "steve sampson" daily since mlsnet is always late on any breaking news

#41 S.Bones

S.Bones

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, USMNT, Foggia

Posted 04 June 2006 - 12:02 AM

OK, now any and all ambiguity is gone. Any way you count it, we're dead last. In the cellar. Holding up the table. Blah, blah, blah.

Here's a complete (single) table:

Pts - w-l-d - team

24 7 1 3 United
21 6 2 3 Dallas
17 5 3 2 Houston
14 4 4 2 Colorado
14 4 4 2 Columbus
14 4 4 2 Kansas City
11 3 5 2 Real Salt Lake
11 3 3 3 New England
10 3 4 1 Chivas
10 2 3 4 Chicago
09 1 5 6 Red Bull
07 2 8 1 Galaxy

For a little bit of perspective, please note that...

WE ARE ON PACE TO FINISH 5-24-3!!!!

Comment

#42 stopper

stopper

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,887 posts
  • Interests:Besides soccer? Golf, Asian girls, grilling, swilling good beer, petite syrah
  • Supports:Galaxy, USA. Xolos

Posted 04 June 2006 - 12:22 AM

that is sucktitude of the primo kind

#43 Chalky

Chalky

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy

Posted 04 June 2006 - 12:13 PM

still not fired?

#44 Dude Love

Dude Love

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy

Posted 04 June 2006 - 01:01 PM

I agree with all of this. However, here's a frightening premise. What if Klinsmann told the Galaxy he'd be willing to coach them, but after this MLS season, since he wants to take a vacation after the World Cup, or he wants to start working on the team from the ground up and can't do it in the midseason. Do we go with choice two, or do we tough it out this year hoping for another miracle double?

#45 spursusa

spursusa

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 01:21 PM

I just got back from a week full of beaches, surf, cheap beer and Mexicans gladly kissing my ass for a $1 tip. What gets me excited is that we still suck even after being away and not knowing what happened over the last 10 days. Last place? From what I hear it's quite deserved, unfortunately. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users