#1 RobertTheBruce

RobertTheBruce

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,432 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy dickheads! Arsenal

Posted 27 January 2010 - 03:38 PM

Maybe it's no longer a Galaxyesue economy so I decided to start a new thread. Join in all you job offerers! Lift up your boot straps downtrodden proletariat! Bring your shovel forth!!!!

My company has a couple of openings. Not that I want to work with any of you schlubs but I can hold my nose.

#1 is definite-gonna-hire-in-the-next-two-weeks gig. Network Ops technician, monitoring outbound satellite transmission and remote receivers, IP multicast traffic, live special events, blah, blah, blah. Developer types need not apply unless you're desperate. Need to know the usual stuff at grunt level (Windows, basic networking, SNMP, remote control apps like pcanywhere, VNC, etc). Satellite transmission stuff can be learned on the fly but some knowledge is helpful. Pay is around $40k. Hours are swing, possibly overnights and include weekends.

#2 is higher level, involves oversight of encoding ops for VOD distribution with adherence to CableLabs specs. Strong familiarity with muxing equipment and MPEG2 and H264 encoding software/hardware including Harmonic, Digital Rapids, Omneon, Tandberg.

#2 RobertTheBruce

RobertTheBruce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,432 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy dickheads! Arsenal

Posted 27 January 2010 - 03:45 PM

Note: In the interest of disclosure, please read this for additional info

#3 DirtyDefender

DirtyDefender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,068 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, US, Newcastle, England

Posted 27 January 2010 - 06:21 PM

An IT Project Manager friend of mine contacted me yesterday to see if I was interested in a new gig or knew of any IT Project Managers who were.

Company is in West LA near the Marina - right down the street from the best damn Beverage Warehouse in LA.

If working next to a beverage warehouse isn't sufficient for you, I hear they pay decent, have good benefits, and blah blah blah.

They're also right next to the Ballona Creek bike path.

#4 Ed The Zombie

Ed The Zombie

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,690 posts
  • Supports:G's, Club America, WFC, USA

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:15 AM

So if anything hears of something, let me know
Fuimos. Bebimos. Chingamos.

#5 ramsessalmeron

ramsessalmeron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,147 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:33 AM

Apply Here
oh and its in San Clemente
Director of Information Technology

Summary:
Oversees the Information Technology (IT) department and operations and ensures alignment with the business objectives of the organization. Overall responsibility for development and maintenance of the organization’s information systems and applications including the local area and wide area network architecture, software and telecommunications. Direct and manage supervisory and management staff in department.

Plans, coordinates, directs and designs all operational activities of the IT department, as well as provides direction and support for IT solutions that enhance mission-critical business operations. The Director of IT will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, modify, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.

Responsibilities:
• Oversees the evaluation, analysis, acquisition and maintenance of all information processing systems and applications as required.
• Establishes overall strategy and procedures for systems (such as Finesse), databases and software application administration, support and training.
• Manages IT department operational and strategic planning, including business requirements, project planning, organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
• Re-engineers applications support to ensure it aligns with business processes, tactical planning, and strategic vision.
• Defines and communicates project milestones, service level agreements, and resource allocation to executive team, department leads, support staff and end users.
• Develops and reviews budget preparation and forecasting for the IT department and ensure they comply with stated goals, guidelines and objectives.
• Reviews performance of IT applications and systems to determine operating costs, productivity levels and upgrade requirements.
• Benchmarks, analyzes, reports on and makes recommendations for the improvement of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
• Develops bid requirements for all hardware and software upgrades, reviews submitted bids for compliance with stated requirements and makes the appropriate award
• Directs research on potential technology solutions and implementations in support of new initiatives, opportunities and procurement efforts.
• Oversees provisions of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services
• Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
• Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation and disciplinary actions.
• Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.

Education:
• Engineering or Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information systems and/or related field and ten years related work experience. Master’s degree in either of these fields or Master of Business Administration with technology as a core component preferred.
• Good understanding and technical knowledge of current network and PC operating systems, hardware, protocols, and standards, including
• Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management
• Knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting and business office operations
• Superior understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
• Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems
• In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to IT
• Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices and procedures
• Five to ten years of experience in personnel and project management
• Experienced in networking design, implementation and administration, DB administration and implementation

#6 Ed The Zombie

Ed The Zombie

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,690 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:21 PM

Had a phone interview with CVS. Its a "Fast Track Manager" job. Which ill be an asst. store manager and train to become a store manager. Hopefully all goes well with that

#7 Ed The Zombie

Ed The Zombie

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,690 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 06:01 PM

Have an interview with Goodwill for an ASST. Store Manager gig

#8 MisterA in the 626

MisterA in the 626

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Liverpool

Posted 02 May 2010 - 12:38 AM

I'm not sure I can vouch for the integrity of anyone on these boards, but I am looking for really good Chem, Physics, and/or Earth Science teachers and a math teacher that can handle the higher end stuff (Geometry, Alg II, Math Analysis, Calc).

#9 CALEXICO

CALEXICO

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • Interests:Soccer. Fencing. Music. Film. Communication Theory.
  • Supports:LOS ANGELES GALAXY

Posted 25 May 2010 - 01:24 PM

BUMP.

I'm looking for a production coordinator. Some background/understanding/interest (be it your own personal projects, or actual professional work) in one of these fields is necessary -

Interactive Design
Graphic Design
Video/TV Production (or film, I suppose, but who shoots on film nowadays)

It doesn't need to be all three, but if you're dental hygienist looking for a career switch, this isn't for you.

I won't be doing the final hiring, it's not 100% my decision but if you are interested, PM me.

-Adam

#10 stopper

stopper

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,887 posts
  • Interests:Besides soccer? Golf, Asian girls, grilling, swilling good beer, petite syrah
  • Supports:Galaxy, USA. Xolos

Posted 28 May 2010 - 01:23 PM

I'm a teacher looking for summer work. Does anyone have any leads? Have done warehouse, can do some property rehab, willing to drive and walk, will do 2nd or 3rd shift. Willing to tivo World Cup games in order to make money. Can work with kdis. In Inland Empire, but willing to drive to the job. PM me.

#11 romero03

romero03

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts
  • Supports:USMNT

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:37 PM

my younger brother is looking for a summer job. he's been doing a teachers aide job dealing with special needs kids. during summer school they go by seniority so he's pretty much at the bottom of the list.

anyone LARSers know of any available jobs? again, he's just looking for the summer and part time hours are fine as well.

if you have any info pm me and pass it my way. thanks.
Twitter

Dodgers, Lakers, Raiders, Galaxy, LA Kings, ASU, Notre Dame(football)

#12 jamesey

jamesey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,991 posts
  • Supports:LA/USA

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:07 PM

anyone need an accounant/accounting manager/controller?

...ooooh ooooooooh we are the riot squad...

#13 blistfultones

blistfultones

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, USA, Man U

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:48 PM

an accountant at my work just quit or is leaving. i'll let you know when it officially opens up but it's at our corporate office in santa ana.
Jim: Question: What kind of bear is best?
Dwight: That's a ridiculous question …
Jim: False. Black bear.
Dwight: That's debatable. There are basically two schools of thought …
Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Sheldon: Scissors cut paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitate lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock and, as it’s always been, rock crushes scissors.

Barney: It's gonna be legend-... wait for it... and I hope you're not lactose intolerant because the second half of that word is DAIRY!

#14 ramsessalmeron

ramsessalmeron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,147 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy

Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:15 PM

That sucks dude!

#15 AboutaSith

AboutaSith

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Interests:Football, Football, Football! Film, Music - listening and concert going, Baseball, Ice Hockey.
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, Liverpool, St Mirren

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:15 AM

Where you looking? I may know a Robert Half rep who could help you. You should also check out your local IMA chapter in LA, always a good place to make contacts for Accountants.
You have the capacity to learn from your mistakes. You will learn a lot today.
C'mon the Galaxy!
Liverpool for the Premier League,FA Cup & League Cup!
St Mirren for a top half finish in the SPL!
C'mon Angels!
Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users