Johnny Chanclas

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Interests:Futbol & Soccer
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, USMNT, B&G, WBA, Atlas

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:54 PM

This current lineup reminds me of the BBB rated junk bonds of the '90's. An over valued non-performing shell of its former self...
"If you are going to do something wrong, do it right."

#167 Ben7

Ben7

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,949 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, MLS & USMNT

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:01 AM

It's tough to single out one problem for a banner but, I'm going with letting Bruce know that I expect him to fix whatever the problems are.

FIX IT BRUCE

Good one, make it happen.

Lobo is right with a couple of things in his post

the success (thanks in part to the strong defense, the many 1-0 wins or lucky breaks (CCL group of death finale), combined with the raised expectations, not just from the fans, players, owners, media, but the US soccer scene in general. RSLs thrilling run in the previous CCL edition and the unexpected returns of Juninho + Buddle further added to that.

But at one point the pineapple pinnacle is reached. I think for the current G's (head coach and and players alike) that was 2011.

In short: the 2011 season was the orgasm and result to all the flirting, teasing, foreplay and main acts from 2007 onwards. Now it's time to either work on things from keeping getting this too stale or start all over again.

Therefore I don't think a trade or transfers will suffice, unless it involves our DPs, as the current team, tactics etc. is built around them.

I don't know about you guys, but the writing is on the wall to me.

I would sacrifice this season, the one after what could be the most dominating performance of an MLS team in the DP era, one which we certainly won't be replicating THIS season, and likely not again with these guys, just to move ahead and beyond what we know will be a long drawn out painful reorganizational rebuilding. Stale old brand Beckham has to go, and we would do well for ourselves if we just started over and got something exciting going again.

I don't mean the panicky reboot button, but a real positive refreshing rebuilding.

"Proactive" was the word I was really trying hard not to use. There I said it.

My thoughts exactly.

#168 LOBO 13

LOBO 13

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Interests:Stuff
  • Supports:Creepers In Cardigans Soccer Club

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:01 AM

That was the hope of a lot of us during the offseason but, it didn't happen.

Yup.

I was never excited about the re-signing of Beckham. Especially since the Beckham era and all its drama peaked with an MLS Cup victory at the Home Depot Center last year.

I mean the damn five year soap opera had everything including a made for TV storybook ending.

The people in charge of the team should have recognized this, moved on and ushered in a new era.

It didn't happen and now we are watching the results of that error in judgement unfold in this disaster of a season.

Unfortunately, I feel it's going to be a long , abusive and drawn out process at this point....

If you're not creepin', you're not trying...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users