#91 loki

loki

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:50 AM

I still don't understand why we don't play our young stars?? Are we purposely trying to waste their talents? I've seen some great potential in McBean. Why not play him in games like this??? I'm no coach, but it feels like we're wastIng our youth.

Fire Bruce

#92 LOBO 13

LOBO 13

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Interests:Stuff
  • Supports:Creepers In Cardigans Soccer Club

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:29 AM

McBean is with the USMNT U-20 or U-23s.

I think that Garcia kid got some minutes in the game though.

Beyond those two, there isn't a whole lot of youth coming through the developmental pipeline.

If you're not creepin', you're not trying...

#93 American Beer

American Beer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • Supports:Whiskey & Pancakes

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:32 AM

It is time for a move like Catamount suggested: DP salary doesn't hit the Cap.

That would throw an additional $325,000 or so per DP into the mix so we don't have to watch Omar fuck his leg up or Barrett fuck a shot up. It is raising the salary cap without raising the salary cap.

It also incentive-ises bringing in DP's, which we know are good for the league and attendance.

The only concern I have is the potential to start the NASL killing spending arms race that the founders of this league tried so hard not bring about when they started MLS.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which "unskilled people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it." The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average.

Torrance Pickup Soccer @ Greenwood Park, 9:00am Saturday! Details here: https://www.facebook...yourLARiotSquad

#94 RobertTheBruce

RobertTheBruce

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,432 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy dickheads! Arsenal

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:51 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#95 Catamount

Catamount

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,634 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:21 AM

It is time for a move like Catamount suggested: DP salary doesn't hit the Cap.

That would throw an additional $325,000 or so per DP into the mix so we don't have to watch Omar fuck his leg up or Barrett fuck a shot up. It is raising the salary cap without raising the salary cap.

It also incentive-ises bringing in DP's, which we know are good for the league and attendance.

The only concern I have is the potential to start the NASL killing spending arms race that the founders of this league tried so hard not bring about when they started MLS.

I think a 3 DP limit would prevent that from happening. There is only so much influence 3 DPs can have on a team, so winning championships will boil down to the quality of the squad and intelligent use of DP money. I think teams will be more likely to spend for players like Montero, Saborio, Schelloto, etc. who command a higher salary than the cap allows but will not break the bank.

LA and NY can continue their visions of grandeur and have the same chance of winning as anyone else, along with revenue sharing, etc. I think the league would be fine. It would certainly give managers and players more flexibility. I would also like to see the minimum salary raised to at least 50K, 70K would be ideal. That would hopefully make it more likely that no NASL/USL team would have better players on their rosters than MLS teams.
:cheers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users