• 9,897 posts
  • Interests:Football
  • Supports:Google+

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:30 AM

I've got no books to write about this
I enjoyed the moments of "pass and move"
Great game by Jürgie's boys against the Bhoys
Zero Cool winner of the 2012 ALMOST Goal of the Year
Isaac: So when I told you guys we were on it, I meant to say we're on the motherfucker, go back in there and relax...

#32 Legion Norge

Legion Norge

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy-USA

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:06 AM

#33 American Beer

American Beer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • Supports:Whiskey & Pancakes

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:43 AM

Care to relive the Anthem sung by one Victoria Zarlenga?
Click away...

Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which "unskilled people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it." The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average.

Torrance Pickup Soccer @ Greenwood Park, 9:00am Saturday! Details here: https://www.facebook...yourLARiotSquad

#34 andric

andric

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:05 AM

Just wait 'til they get a load of us at the Olympics!

Miss you.
------------------------------------------------------
"Chad Barrett was totally angry when he was subbed out. I think he was angry that he was Chad Barrett." - Chalky

#35 Foose

Foose

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:53 AM

Any you dudes know where I can get a download of this match?

#36 S.Bones

S.Bones

Dir. of Football Operations

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, USMNT, Foggia

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:51 AM

Care to relive the Anthem sung by one Victoria Zarlenga?
Click away...

Hater

You old guys resent anyone that's young and beautiful and talented.

Don't blame her, blame the ear buds and the crowd's singing. Here's what she sez on her facebook...

In response to the comments I have received about tonight's National Anthem ... I totally hear you, this was not a good performance and I take full responsibility for it! I did not realize I would need ear buds as monitors to block out the stadium sounds. Therefore, I had to borrow a pair from the sound crew that were too large for my ears and were popping out. Watching this video you can see that I was trying to hold the left ear bud in with my hand. That said, I was unable to hear myself and was only hearing the delay of my voice in the stadium. To add to the challenge, the crowd was singing in sync with my few seconds delay. It was like I was singing the song twice word after word after word. I heard from a few fans that said the view on the Jumbotron was not in sync with what they were hearing. Apparently the TV recording and stadium sound were two separate systems - you had to be present at the stadium to see and hear the delay. I was very disoriented with all these variables!

Two thoughts...

I like her unironic use of "I totally hear you".

How many variables can any of you handle, huh? Could Landon Donovan handled that many variables?

Here's what she says is a better example of her work...

#37 Dude Love

Dude Love

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:08 AM

Hey! It's Enrico Pallazzo! (RIP Leslie Nielsen)

I might start to become a believer in Klinsmann at this rate. Although if there's a team in the world capable of beating Brazil but losing to Guatemala, it's us.

#38 Zero Cool

Zero Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts
  • Interests:Football
  • Supports:Google+

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:02 PM

Full match downloadable
Zero Cool winner of the 2012 ALMOST Goal of the Year
Isaac: So when I told you guys we were on it, I meant to say we're on the motherfucker, go back in there and relax...

#39 dirtyboy

dirtyboy

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:07 PM

Although if there's a team in the world capable of beating Brazil but losing to Guatemala, it's us.

Truer words blah blah blah

#40 stopper

stopper

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,887 posts
  • Interests:Besides soccer? Golf, Asian girls, grilling, swilling good beer, petite syrah
  • Supports:Galaxy, USA. Xolos

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:32 PM

US looked very good, but the test will be Brazil, of course.

It was interesting how deep the US suddenly looks. Imagine if Holden, Dempsey, and Fielhaber were available or called in.

Still need to be convinced by Cameron. Saw some flat-footedness from the center backs, but it didn't hurt this time. It is easier for the front lines to press when the back line isn't under duress. If the back line can handle Brazil, it would be interesting to see if the US can continue with this style.

Thought Boyd was alright, but he seemed to have happy feet when he got the ball facing the goal in the area. Not enough finesse right now. Think Jozy merits a start next time based on his Holland success, but would be interesting to see Dempsey in that spot, keeping Torres in the line up. Think Torres for either Edu or Jones deeper would work, too.

Very interesting. A good step up.

#41 Ed The Zombie

Ed The Zombie

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,690 posts
  • Supports:G's, Club America, WFC, USA

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:30 PM

US looked very good, but the test will be Brazil, of course.

It was interesting how deep the US suddenly looks. Imagine if Holden, Dempsey, and Fielhaber were available or called in.

Still need to be convinced by Cameron. Saw some flat-footedness from the center backs, but it didn't hurt this time. It is easier for the front lines to press when the back line isn't under duress. If the back line can handle Brazil, it would be interesting to see if the US can continue with this style.

Thought Boyd was alright, but he seemed to have happy feet when he got the ball facing the goal in the area. Not enough finesse right now. Think Jozy merits a start next time based on his Holland success, but would be interesting to see Dempsey in that spot, keeping Torres in the line up. Think Torres for either Edu or Jones deeper would work, too.

Very interesting. A good step up.

Jozy isnt due to join the rest of the team until tomorrow, so i dont know if he even will play against Brazil for wednesday, maybe as a sub
Fuimos. Bebimos. Chingamos.

#42 Chalky

Chalky

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:31 PM

Yup. She's horrible.

#43 Cristobal Guillermo

Cristobal Guillermo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,817 posts
  • Supports:GaLAxy, USWNT, Reign, Tacoma Stars

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:38 PM

Don't blame her, blame the ear buds and the crowd's singing. Here's what she sez on her facebook...

Sounds remarkably like Taylor Swift's explanation for how, when she performs live, it sounds for all the world like the kid just can't carry a tune.

Proud "been a fan since '96" douchenozzle

Cogito me cogitare, ergo cogito me esse. Et futuito istam pullam!

http://www.nybooks.c.../15/our-moloch/

#44 Rick Two

Rick Two

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, USA, UCSB

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:06 PM

Hater

You old guys resent anyone that's young and beautiful and talented.

Two thoughts...

I like her unironic use of "I totally hear you".

How many variables can any of you handle, huh? Could Landon Donovan handled that many variables?

You know, I buy that. I have embarrassed myself by trying to sing to a large room when I couldn't hear myself as well.

#45 AnthonyNHB

AnthonyNHB

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:09 PM

She doesn't have the range to sing the anthem properly. It's actually a very demanding song, requires a lot of lows and highs. In her performance yesterday and the one on the youtube video, she brings the high notes down a little and brings the low notes up. She should not be singing The Star Spangled Banner.

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

Twitter: BigTony_42

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users