• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Please don't get injured.  Please.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
Boo

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

You know what, we've all been saying he needs a USMNT call up. It's bad timing, but we have depth at this point. And for as much as the guy has done for this team, we should be happy for him for getting the call up again finally because it probably means a ton to him.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

You know what, we've all been saying he needs a USMNT call up. It's bad timing, but we have depth at this point. And for as much as the guy has done for this team, we should be happy for him for getting the call up again finally because it probably means a ton to him.

It's really the one position we don't have a great replacement for.  Can't replace the vision and leadership.

I know it's great for Sacha, but I'm a bigger fan of this team so I'm never crazy about these guys getting called up unless they're playing poorly.  Then I think it sometimes gives them confidence and they come back better for it.

999duo

999duo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Bolton, Swansea
Needed to happen. Totally blanking on who slots in though? Feeling this is the week where we find out how deep in Marsh's doghouse Veron is.

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT
He's definitely earned it. Now I want to see him shine wearing the USMNT jersey.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

He's definitely earned it. Now I want to see him shine wearing the USMNT jersey.

12-minute sub appearance on Tuesday with the game already wrapped up. Completes 9 out of 10 passes, commits a turnover for T&T's consolation goal, never gets called up again.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Davis for Sacha, Adams/Dax alongside Felipe?

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Davis for Sacha, Adams/Dax alongside Felipe?

IIRC, the last two times Sacha didn't start, it was Felipe who went up with Davis staying back.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

I just hope that those who've been complaining about Sacha's lack of USMNT call-ups

don't start complaining about his being called up!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,792 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Congrats to Sacha!  I hope he shows well, because the national team desperately needs a player with his skillset.

999duo

999duo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Bolton, Swansea
Honestly I have full confidence in any combo of Felipe, Davis, and Dax at d mid, so whoever feels more confident up at attacking mid.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

IIRC, the last two times Sacha didn't start, it was Felipe who went up with Davis staying back.

I liked Davis and Adams together in the CCL game.  Obviously, a tougher opponent this time, but if Dax isn't ready, it's a solid option.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Other option would be starting Damari just behind BWP. Yesterday when he came on he still played very deep underneath BWP, it almost didn't look all that much different than the usual lineup just with Kljestan out wide on the left.

Only question is whether Damari is anywhere near 90 minute fitness. Marsch hasn't seemed to think so recently.

Oh and congrats to Sasha and all

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users