466 replies to this topic

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,130 posts
  • Supports:Metro, NYRBII, RBNY U23s, USMNT
Sat in front of Ngoma and chatted with him a bit. His hammy recovery took a while because they couldn't figure out exactly what was wrong with it. Sounds like they have it figured out now and he is getting back into things. He was a couple rows in front of Struber and the first team coaching staff (and BWP was in the house too). No Hamlett tonight. Chatted about how NYRBII could use him right now. A couple minutes later a ball goes into the stands and lands at his feet. "Its calling me". Interesting that all first team players in the stands go into the locker room at halftime (tonight it was Ngoma, Monzon, Coronel and Luquinhas). Sounds like Wiki's foot injury was aggravated again. Said the team is still learning and buying into the pressing system. Feels that Adebayo-Smith is in a slump and has no confidence right now. Needs to get a goal and get out of it. Agrees that USL officials are the worst.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,442 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Losing to El Paso 3:0 after 20 minutes.

Just 4 players on the bench.

RBNY II in a nutshell.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,169 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Yeah, I don't get it. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,713 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense
And now 4-0. Should have just forfeited, it would be a better scoreline

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,131 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

Nathan Worth is a pretty young Academy player, is he not?

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,442 posts

Nathan Worth is a pretty young Academy player, is he not?

15! Just replace RBNY II with a full academy team at this point...

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,442 posts

Is Herr Schneider watching this?

5:0, 4 yellows.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,130 posts
  • Supports:Metro, NYRBII, RBNY U23s, USMNT
Final 0-5.

After some of the recent comments about how those in charge view this team and leadership of it, I decided its no longer worth my time to watch the away games so glad I skipped this one. I'll go to a couple more home ones since my son enjoys them, but I wont be engaged as Ibhave been (just like the organization). I will be glad when the season ends but doubt I will try to stay attached in MLS Next in 2023.

Also, team now has 9 goals in 16 matches.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Mynameisfutbol

Mynameisfutbol

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
https://www.onceamet...develop-players

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,442 posts

It begins with “I consider myself a player developer more than a coach”

... but can the players develop without a coach?

If this is the attitude, why did they not drop down to MLS Next Pro this year? Why wait?

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,353 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Rbny2 needs a manager. part of being in rb2 is to give these young guys a professional environment and play meaningful games against professional players. If he wants to develop players then maybe he should be an assistant. However, we need a manager to develop a winning mentality and improve their technical side.

The point is to improve the technical side of their game since physically the kids will get overpowered when they face men. That is what clubs like. Barcelona or real madrid do. If they lose, they lose. But treat the club like a professional club. Use it to promote the best academy players and give them a salary.

This is how you develop an academy player.

Incentive a paycheck from 65-100k per season until they hit 22. Many talented kids will jump on that at 16

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,131 posts
It's also helpful to have other pros on the team to show them the ropes. Having only academy players on a "2" team is not as effective.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,442 posts

No wonder Woly jumped off this clusterfuck.

If they are gonna claim that Castillo and Sserwadda are developing, wouldn't players develop better on a team that is able to score more than every third game? A team that is not leaking goals left and right? How can you develop when players around you are not up to par?

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

How can you develop when players around you are not up to par?

Theyre forced to do more? The academy had an issue in the past of not playing strong enough competition, but this seems to have gone too far in the other direction. I think they got the guys out that they needed to (Sowe, LaCava) and this team is really an MLS Next squad, not a USL squad. I dont know if they underestimated USL or over valued this group of players or if they knew this would happen and decided to take it on the chin for a year until they join MLS Next.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,131 posts

Theyre forced to do more? The academy had an issue in the past of not playing strong enough competition, but this seems to have gone too far in the other direction. I think they got the guys out that they needed to (Sowe, LaCava) and this team is really an MLS Next squad, not a USL squad. I dont know if they underestimated USL or over valued this group of players or if they knew this would happen and decided to take it on the chin for a year until they join MLS Next.

MLS next Pro also has pro teams in it. I hope they dont underestimate it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users