odsum25

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

How does polish league compare to mls?
Are they in champions or Europa league?

Legia won the league last year (and something like 7 of the last 10 titles), but has a mountain of debt and likely need to sell off a good chunk of their team. Got bounced in the CL qualifying round by Dinamo Zagreb. Came in last in their Europa Group, but did pick up wins against Leicester and Spartak Moscow.

They are somehow sitting in the relegation zone, as things have totally imploded.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,411 posts
  • Supports:Metro
I mean from a PURELY business perspective you cant argue against corporate for targeting clubs in financial trouble.

I just wish they would add a couple sure things to their risk-on portfolio.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,388 posts

I mean from a PURELY business perspective you cant argue against corporate for targeting clubs in financial trouble.

I just wish they would add a couple sure things to their risk-on portfolio.

What does Legia being in financial ruins have to do with whether Luquinhas is a sure thing or not? If any thing it only adds credibility. If a healthy team was moving him the question would be, "why do they view him as expendable?" Here they're getting rid of him because they're backed into a corner by the player and finances.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,232 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

It's a bit like Scotland where the top few teams are extremely legit and the rest are garbage. Legia last made CL in 16-17 and are consistently in the group stage at Europa. This season they are having a total meltdown and are at risk of relegation after winning the league last season.

As a Certified Hater of Scottish football, the Ekstraklasa makes the Scottish Premiership look like La Liga.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,388 posts

As a Certified Hater of Scottish football, the Ekstraklasa makes the Scottish Premiership look like La Liga.

Oh yeah I know. The Polish league is practically an internet meme. But Legia are (usually) and actually competent football team with respectable players. 

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, USA, PR libre

Sounds like a decent player. If acquired, pencil him as a starter alongside Morgan supporting Klimala. 

All the talk has him higher up the field, but if Omir or Wiki make a strong enough case for one of those spots, maybe Morgan plays RB/RWB when it's appropriate/necessary. The tactical flexibility would be nice.

RED. BULL. OUT.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,154 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

All the talk has him higher up the field, but if Omir or Wiki make a strong enough case for one of those spots, maybe Morgan plays RB/RWB when it's appropriate/necessary. The tactical flexibility would be nice.

If Edwards is re-acquired, we won't have to worry about this scenario. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,154 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Hypothetical XI + 9 subs, with rumored moves happening plus Casseres played at CDM with Yearwood:

Klimala

[Clark] [Luquinhas] Morgan

Yearwood Casseres

Tolkin Long Nealis [Edwards]

Coronel

Meara Monzon Nealis Pendant Carmona Omir Amaya Edelman Barlow

_____

This would not be a bad team at all, with the only "hole" being at LB, and CB depth. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, USA, PR libre
Let's just hope the backline has sorted out its injury issues.

RED. BULL. OUT.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,411 posts

What does Legia being in financial ruins have to do with whether Luquinhas is a sure thing or not?

It doesnt. I have no problem with this move. But lets go buy some big time proven sure thing game breakers to balance out the roster.

Is Luqu a sure thing to you? Willing to bet your house on him? I rest my case.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

A winger opposite to Morgan it looks like. Sounds promising. Polish League is not great, but he was picked as the best midfielder there last year, which is encouraging. I'll take it.

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,079 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

It doesnt. I have no problem with this move. But lets go buy some big time proven sure thing game breakers to balance out the roster.

What from the past few years makes you think they will ever make a purchase like that??

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Hypothetical XI + 9 subs, with rumored moves happening plus Casseres played at CDM with Yearwood:

Klimala

[Clark] [Luquinhas] Morgan

Yearwood Casseres

Tolkin Long Nealis [Edwards]

Coronel

Meara Monzon Nealis Pendant Carmona Omir Amaya Edelman Barlow

_____

This would not be a bad team at all, with the only "hole" being at LB, and CB depth. 

We still need a real #10 and a striker. Luq is a winger. Omir probably starts in the middle if we get Luq.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Barlow will likely be getting on the pitch in most games, but there's time to buy someone (anyone) to get ahead of him in the forward pecking order.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,388 posts

What is a "sure thing"? Atlanta dished out a shitload for Pity Martinez and Ezequiel Barco and they were meh. Jonathan Dos Santos sucked. You're making up a unicorn that doesn't exist unless the team is going to throw an obnoxious amount of money at a player like Insigne to play well below his level. Even then there are no guarantees (see: Rafa).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users