• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,713 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

I smell...

the Bradley family Jersey reunion.

What is Jeff doing these days?

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,442 posts
  • Supports:Metro

What is Jeff doing these days?

Oh, he is there as well!

https://www.linkedin...radley-2132122/

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,130 posts
  • Supports:Metro, NYRBII, RBNY U23s, USMNT

Oh, he is there as well!

https://www.linkedin...radley-2132122/

One of the best in the business.

His stories of the original MetroStars in 96/97 are legendary. He was in charge of Public Relations in a time players hid during running, smoked cigs on the field, took school busses to the hotels after games, players werent allowed into stadiums because security wouldnt believe pro athletes drove what they drove, the tales of the first supplemental draft, players out "sick" with hangovers, etc... He had to paint the team in the best light possible for the media in a world before social media.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,442 posts
  • Supports:Metro

One of the best in the business.

His stories of the original MetroStars in 96/97 are legendary. He was in charge of Public Relations in a time players hid during running, smoked cigs on the field, took school busses to the hotels after games, players werent allowed into stadiums because security wouldnt believe pro athletes drove what they drove, the tales of the first supplemental draft, players out "sick" with hangovers, etc... He had to paint the team in the best light possible for the media in a world before social media.

Our recent PR team is not fit to lick Jeff's bootstraps.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,082 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

https://twitter.com/...lKkaJz7UwTKIZYQ

Klimala suspended for this weekend's game after receiving a retroactive red card for his challenge on Charlotte's keeper. I was under the impression yellow cards couldn't be reviewed, which is why Amaya's red against NE couldn't be overturned, so I'm confused.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,214 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Also it wasnt a red card challenge, but PRO sucks and is only getting worse so who cares I guess.

Hopefully at the least Long is good to go and maybe they grind out a 1-0.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Klimala suspended for this weekend's game after receiving a retroactive red card for his challenge on Charlotte's keeper. I was under the impression yellow cards couldn't be reviewed, which is why Amaya's red against NE couldn't be overturned, so I'm confused.

VAR can't review Yellow cards, but the league can review any play after the match and suspend or rescind suspensions retroactively.

Hopefully this means we get some Clark as a false 9 and not more Fletcher and/or Barlow.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,590 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Time for Fletch to shine!   Why do I think Barlow gets the start?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Oh wow, anyone has a video of this play? I don't exactly remember it now, I guess trying to put that game away out of my mind, but I don't recall anything red card worthy.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,590 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Oh wow, anyone has a video of this play? I don't exactly remember it now, I guess trying to put that game away out of my mind, but I don't recall anything red card worthy.

https://www.mlssocce...ls-june-11-2022

Start around :20

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,130 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

It was a hard challenge for a 50:50 and he may have followed through. Not a red card to me.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,181 posts
Not a red even or retro active
He didnt try super hard to
Get out of the way
Maybe he learns something this or maybe he gets pissed in the right way prior to cup game

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

njdevils3027

njdevils3027

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

We're going to see Barlow start. Ew.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,712 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Not a red even or retro active
He didnt try super hard to
Get out of the way
Maybe he learns something this or maybe he gets pissed in the right way prior to cup game

50-50 is generous, keeper always favored and leaving a trailing foot has zero upside. Yellow seems the more obvious outcome, but there's always danger of a red for endangering player safety. In these scenarios, I'm always more upset with my teammate/player making the risky tackle than the referee or DISCO going with the most extreme option.

BTW, watching that live, I thought Klimala trailed the play by way too much after the nice layoff to Morgan (lazy? bad positioning?). Should have been a lot closer to the action and then it's a very different situation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users