115 replies to this topic

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,070 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

50-50 is generous, keeper always favored and leaving a trailing foot has zero upside. Yellow seems the more obvious outcome, but there's always danger of a red for endangering player safety. In these scenarios, I'm always more upset with my teammate/player making the risky tackle than the referee or DISCO going with the most extreme option.

BTW, watching that live, I thought Klimala trailed the play by way too much after the nice layoff to Morgan (lazy? bad positioning?). Should have been a lot closer to the action and then it's a very different situation.

Honestly I think Klimala may have been looking for a dive on that play... 99 out of 100 times that's why a striker will leave a leg trailing along the ground like that. Not because they're trying to injure someone.

And agree 100% that this all should be moot because Klimala was flat getting to that ball and should have had an open shot if he was sharper.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Honestly I think Klimala may have been looking for a dive on that play...

That checks out. He did roll around on the ground after being viciously headbutted in the cleat. 🙄

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,406 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

watching that live, I thought Klimala trailed the play by way too much after the nice layoff to Morgan (lazy? bad positioning?). Should have been a lot closer to the action and then it's a very different situation.

Changed a possible tap-in into a retroactive red card.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,882 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
Klimala might be my least favorite Metro player ever, even worse than freaking Rafa. Not only is he an awful player he is a cynical diving petulant brat who is almost impossible to root for. Someone like Barlow might have no business playing at this level but he tries hard and doesn't act like an entitled boorish twat.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,377 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Klimala might be my least favorite Metro player ever, even worse than freaking Rafa. Not only is he an awful player he is a cynical diving petulant brat who is almost impossible to root for. Someone like Barlow might have no business playing at this level but he tries hard and doesn't act like an entitled boorish twat.

As much as Klimala's act is wearing thin, at least he didn't throw his teammates under the bus after stinking up the joint. Rafa was truly a POS above and beyond.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

https://www.mlssocce...ls-june-11-2022

Start around :20

Thanks. Wow - this out outside of the goalie box, both players going for the ball. Klimala jumped over the goalie to avoid collision, and slightly grazed him. Goalie faked that he was KOed and cried like an total bitch. Would have been a good no call. Red card for this is bogus.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,377 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Fletcher got fined for the dive, too.

Seriously, what a tandem!

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Goalie faked that he was KOed and cried like an total bitch.

So did Klimala!

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,079 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

So did Klimala!

In those cases, its best to just ignore both of them.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,070 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Fletcher got fined for the dive, too.

Seriously, what a tandem!

Honestly, good. That was a god awful dive and MLS should be willing to punish those retroactively.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

So did Klimala!

Of course he did.

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 975 posts

As much as Klimala's act is wearing thin, at least he didn't throw his teammates under the bus after stinking up the joint. Rafa was truly a POS above and beyond.

Was glad to be rid of Marquez then. Would like to move on from Klimala now. Just thoroughly unlikable. I think its a very American thing to dislike the diving in the sport. I feel that here we tend to teach our young athletes to get up, dont cry for the foul, play to the whistle, etc.. Diving is not in our DNA. Klimalas diving, petulance, and lack of productivity are just infuriating IMO.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,882 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

Was glad to be rid of Marquez then. Would like to move on from Klimala now. Just thoroughly unlikable. I think its a very American thing to dislike the diving in the sport. I feel that here we tend to teach our young athletes to get up, dont cry for the foul, play to the whistle, etc.. Diving is not in our DNA. Klimalas diving, petulance, and lack of productivity are just infuriating IMO.

If he was Ronaldo people would accept it, unfortunately he is anything but. Remember the great line from Bull Durham where Crash Davis says "If you have fungus on your shower shoes and are an all star you are colorful, if you aren't you're just a slob".
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,579 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Thanks. Wow - this out outside of the goalie box, both players going for the ball. Klimala jumped over the goalie to avoid collision, and slightly grazed him. Goalie faked that he was KOed and cried like an total bitch. Would have been a good no call. Red card for this is bogus.

I'm on the side that thinks Klimala deliberately dragged his foot looking for contact and a call.    I don't care how much actual hurt he put on the keeper, deliberate contact, to the head, going against a keeper, 50/50 or not, will always be a red.    His shameless rolling around after is just icing on the cake.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,111 posts
  • Supports:Metro, NYRBII, RBNY U23s, USMNT
Coronel
Edwards-S.Nealis-Long-Tolkin
Amaya-CCJ
Morgan-Luquinhas-Omir
Fletcher

Bench: Meara, Pendant, D. Nealis, Castellano, Harper, Barlow, Ryan

Out: Reyes, Monzon, Edelman, Yearwood (questionable), Clark, Carmona, Ngoma and Klimala

Outside of all that: Marcucci and Estrela
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users