52 replies to this topic

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,070 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

elf I think if it were that easy to just loan out your struggling DPs, other teams would be doing it. I'm not sure that the international market for struggling MLS players on loan is all that strong. It may not exist at all.

A $1M salary isn't chump change to a SA or 2nd tier Euro league. The average salary for a player in Holland's top division is only about $300k per year. I think any club that could brush off a $1M salary is too big to be interested in a player in Klimala's situation.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,335 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

elf I think if it were that easy to just loan out your struggling DPs, other teams would be doing it. I'm not sure that the international market for struggling MLS players on loan is all that strong.

A $1M salary isn't chump change to a SA or 2nd tier Euro league. I think any club that could brush off $1M in wages isn't going to be interested in someone like Klimala on loan. And any club interested in Klimala on loan isn't one that can brush off $1M. 

In the past, We were able to get jorgenson loaned and off our roster. Miami just did this with their unwanted DPs and Atlanta routinely does this to circumvent the salary cap.

Cost should not be a factor when your looking at signing a guy like Fabio or any established forward like suarez. You go out and sign the upgrade because it is the missing piece to make a run. If they bust, you can always find a team.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,579 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU
If Klimala got loaned out, his pro-rated xfer fee we paid would still be a hit to the cap.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, USA, PR libre

So basically we're stuck watching this softass whiny scrub hold the team back for at least another year. Awesommmmme.

RED. BULL. OUT.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

So basically we're stuck watching this softass whiny scrub hold the team back for at least another year. Awesommmmme.

That's a bit too optimistic. It's a year and a half.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,484 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, USA, PR libre
Then they gotta harass papa RB to open the wallet and do better than Fabio. Such a waste of what's already invested in the roster. Always one or two players away with this team.

RED. BULL. OUT.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,579 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU
Meanwhile Cow Town are splashing almost $10M for a real striker from Watford, not the oaf we got from them.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,197 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Meanwhile Cow Town are splashing almost $10M for a real striker from Watford, not the oaf we got from them.

Lather, rinse, repeat. Red Bull is Red Bulls biggest enemy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users