Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Lawrence update:
https://www.sportsma...-blackout-scare

Wonderful!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Wonderful!
Even if he sits out Saturday as a precaution, he should be recognized, prior to leaving for the World Cup.
A lot of us wish we were going with him.

Wrong Caribbean dude/country...? Taxi isn't going to the World Cup.

This is the first time I've seen any details about what happened and seems like no one still really knows what it was. Great to hear everything is looking okay.

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

Such a crazy game that this maybe got overlooked, but Royer's volley early on was beautiful.  Keeper made a nice save on it, but I don't know if Royer could have hit it any better.  

And his finish on the PK was as cool as it comes.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

Taxi isn't going to the World Cup.

I think I just fell on my head.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Wrong Caribbean dude/country...? Taxi isn't going to the World Cup.

LOL

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

There is something with all these new franchise fans that makes them feel entitled. Its crazy. 

Minnesota fans are chill and self deprecating, it's the fans of the big money new teams that are "going to show the rest of the league how it should be done."

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

While watching a RB game I have occasionally mixed up Taxi and Murillo, particularly if either moves to cover a centerback position. Similar appearance, both play outside back aggressively, numbers are 92 and 62. But one's going to the WC this year, the other isn't.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

I think I just fell on my head.

Did it happen on turf?

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

Did it happen on turf?

Obviously! 🤕

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Honestly, every new MLS fanbase comes in and is super entitled, annoying, convinced they're the best thing since MLS was invented.  The ONLY fanbase I can think of that has come in and been humble is Minnesota and that's because they suck.

Toronto: You've never seen fans like us, we're gonna save MLS, we are more authentic football fans than you *miss playoffs for 8 years*

Seattle:  We invented supporting *can't sell out playoff games anymore*

Portland:  Fuck the man, man.  We're gonna change our crest in the tiniest way possible to show how authentic we are.  Most authentic in MLS *yeah that's still kinda accurate*

NYCFC:  We're really a new york team, look at our old Italian in midfield and our subway token (MetroCard OUT) and our name that has City and FC in it and our middle eastern airline sponsor

Atlanta:  We're the best at everything and have the only good coach and the only reason we ever lose is because the MLS hates the south

They'll get over it in like 2 years.  But the first 3 years, every freaking fanbase is insufferable.  Wait till Cincy gets in.

#RedBullOut

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Portland plays on turf. 

Ya gotta love those new teams with $$$ who play on turf and have then listen to the idiocy of why turf is acceptable. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

Oh agree totally.  I personally don't see it being a bad call.  Just saying that it's the only call I can see Atlanta fans having a gripe about.  Thought the Martinez foul on Parker was as clear as day.  Parker get that ball easily, but just got clipped yet Atlanta fans seem to have a big issue with that.

Thrilled that BWP seems to be getting some more respect now.  Guy has earned it in this league more than anyone at this point.

And screw Garza for that tackle.  Fully expect him to play in 2 weeks because it seemed like he was faking his shoulder thing to take away focus from his brutal tackle that could have really hurt Davis.

Garza's out for 4-6 months after undergoing shoulder surgery.  https://sbisoccer.co...miss-4-6-months

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Garza hurt? Not my problem. 

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Garza's out for 4-6 months after undergoing shoulder surgery.  https://sbisoccer.co...miss-4-6-months

Yep, did see that one.  Didn't know he was playing with a torn labrum all season and just re-aggravated it.   Hard to feel bad when the tackle could have taken Davis out for the same amount of time.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
Their announcers are crying about VAR on their pregame. What a bunch of fucking crybabies, we should burn that city to the ground again. They are insufferable.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users