81 replies to this topic

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro
I was under the impression New Haven was famous for pizza. Couple spots near Yale University.

Over the years, I've become partial to the real thin crust pizza. Some places just make it with way too much dough.

I've had decent pizza in the village, but elsewhere in Manhattan it's all quick make pizza (e.g. Famiglia).

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

nyrmetros

nyrmetros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,850 posts
  • Supports:Metros, USMNT, NUFC, Rangers
Www.sliceharvester.com

C.O.Jones

C.O.Jones

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  • Supports:CF Cadiz

I was under the impression New Haven was famous for pizza. Couple spots near Yale University.

Over the years, I've become partial to the real thin crust pizza. Some places just make it with way too much dough.

I've had decent pizza in the village, but elsewhere in Manhattan it's all quick make pizza (e.g. Famiglia).

Best thin crust pizza, none come close, is down in Neptune, NJ, at Pete and Elda's Bar (well it's actually Carmen's pizza, but it's the same place). This place is an icon for pizza eating down the Shore.
Jesus takes bodily form and eats there on Friday nights- just plain pizza of course.

I worked in a Mom and Pop Sicilian place many years ago, and they felt it was sacrilegious to put more than one topping on a pie.

anamorican

anamorican

Agent of Nothing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • Supports:Monster
With - Sausage, Peppers & Onions
Without - White Slice w/ Tomato Garlic & Basil

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

1) So true. I have a friend at Yale and the pizza we get when I visit him is ridiculous.

2) Thin crust pizza can be good, but I get sick of it living in Central Jersey. Sometimes you can't beat a slice of the good old fashioned New York style.

Frieslander

Frieslander

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Best thin crust pizza, none come close, is down in Neptune, NJ, at Pete and Elda's Bar (well it's actually Carmen's pizza, but it's the same place). This place is an icon for pizza eating down the Shore.

I'm not a thin crust guy but up here in North Jersey, everyone says Kinchley's in Ramsey has the best thin crust. I prefer Patsy's in Paterson but it's not as thin as your average thin crust.
Soy de Metro.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

http://www.monmouthc...uth-thin-pizza/
I'm not sure that it's better than Freddies's in Long Branch, or Federici's in Freehold:
http://www.federicis.com/

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Charlestown Chiefs

Charlestown Chiefs

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,244 posts
  • Interests:In no particular order Hockey,Beer,Metro,Women
  • Supports:Metro/RB USMNT NY RANGERS BAYERN

Jesus takes bodily form and eats there on Friday nights- just plain pizza of course.

I worked in a Mom and Pop Sicilian place many years ago, and they felt it was sacrilegious to put more than one topping on a pie.

i will beat the challenge

thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Supports:New Jersey

Sorry guys, but we have better pizza at the shore(still not sure what "down the shore" means exacty). Everywhere in Ocean and Monmouth has amazing pizza. Marucas is the best hands down, it's in Seaside (I think technically it's in Park). They were on man vs. food, I actually know the family very well. Best pizza, NJ, NY, Conncecticut, anywhere. On a side note, I can't believe someone actually mentioned Connecticut. The only thing noteworthy about Connecticut is the 15 or so duckpin lanes they have left.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
Support your local baymen, eat Jersey clams

Trumanaldo

Trumanaldo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Supports:MetroBulls, Liverpool, NFFC, COBRA
Hands down favorite plain slice is at Nicolosi's in Phillipsburg NJ. Also Pizza Como in Clinton is really good.

For meat, usually pepperoni, I like Mezza Luna in Holland Township.
I'd rather die than live in a world where I can't kick your ass.

"Seattle fans talking trash on Justin TV but I have absolutely zero soccer knowledge to counter with" - Philadelphia Union Fan.

http://redbullrant.wordpress.com

SmittyNNJ

SmittyNNJ

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Celtic

Hands down favorite plain slice is at Nicolosi's in Phillipsburg NJ. Also Pizza Como in Clinton is really good.

For meat, usually pepperoni, I like Mezza Luna in Holland Township.

holy crap! Is Nicolosi's still around? I loved that place, definitely agree the best slice in Western, NJ...sorry Mamma's.

Charlestown Chiefs

Charlestown Chiefs

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,244 posts
  • Interests:In no particular order Hockey,Beer,Metro,Women
  • Supports:Metro/RB USMNT NY RANGERS BAYERN
Lisas Pizza in my hometown of Laurence Harbor and Roman Gourmet in Maplewood are my favorites

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

ig101

ig101

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,423 posts
Pizza sucks. FACT

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

i will beat the challenge

Even my daughter did! :lol:
Those t-shirts must cost $1!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users