Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

It is on the SG crest. For yrs. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.
Wow, really disappointed to see that we have Trump supporters amongst us. There's no way to ignore the objectively racist things he says and not see that as the subtext of his failed initiatives as president.

Even John McCain thinks Trump is a fascist. His actions are objectively fascist. If you don't agree, perhaps you need to read more.

There should be no "safe spaces" for racists and fascists and I'm all for politics at the arena.

adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Wow, really disappointed to see that we have Trump supporters amongst us. There's no way to ignore the objectively racist things he says and not see that as the subtext of his failed initiatives as president.

Even John McCain thinks Trump is a fascist. His actions are objectively fascist. If you don't agree, perhaps you need to read more.

There should be no "safe spaces" for racists and fascists and I'm all for politics at the arena.

I am sure there are thousands of STH who voted for the guy. It shouldn't be a problem.

adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts

The ESC exists to support our team and to support each other, however, the ESC is against racism, religious intolerance, political demonstration, and violence on the grounds. We believe there is no place in football/soccer for these evils of society and will not tolerate our members engaging in this type of behavior. If your goal is to further one of these causes then ESC is not for you.

This is from the ESC website. Interpret as you wish.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
I think you're kidding yourself if you think there aren't people in the South Ward who voted for Trump. Whether or not they admit it might be another story.

My concern in my first post is that the south ward has enough issues as it is. My personal opinion is that it has gotten worse every year with being coordinated and now we are throwing politics into the mix which has divided most people as it is. Just doesn't seem like it's going to do anyone any good.

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts

I am sure there are thousands of STH who voted for the guy. It shouldn't be a problem.

I am sure that SGs around the world are almost always formed by groups of people with similar values, ethics and political leanings. If the existing SGs don't seem to align with one's ethics, I imagine they are free to start their own.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

John McCain is a warmonger whose solution to all our problems is to bomb the shit out of people in other countries. The fact that Trump seems to want to do the opposite of that is one of his few redeeming qualities.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

I am sure that SGs around the world are almost always formed by groups of people with similar values, ethics and political leanings. If the existing SGs don't seem to align with one's ethics, I imagine they are free to start their own.

The problem here is that we've gone from strong moral beliefs (anti-racism, anti-discrimination, etc) to now judging fellow fans because of their political beliefs. Politics should not get in the way of different groups of people getting together and supporting the same team. That is the problem here. I have continuously stated that I tolerate other people's beliefs, but am being frowned upon for my own. These things should not go together is what I am getting at here. I want to come to the soccer game, support the team with everyone, and go home happy. I don't care about your stance on guns, and you shouldn't care about mine for example. None of that has anything to do with supporting the team!

I want strong morals in ESC - not politics.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

The ESC exists to support our team and to support each other, however, the ESC is against racism, religious intolerance, political demonstration, and violence on the grounds. We believe there is no place in football/soccer for these evils of society and will not tolerate our members engaging in this type of behavior. If your goal is to further one of these causes then ESC is not for you.

This is from the ESC website. Interpret as you wish.

Problem is now that if you want to say Trump is racist or a fascist that's fine but it's a political issue now since he's the president.

adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts
My values at a soccer game are to drink beer and sing loudly. I hope that at some point to do that while the team is winning MLS Cup.

The person who originally posted makes a valid point regarding the increasing distance between the SGs.

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts

John McCain is a warmonger whose solution to all our problems is to bomb the shit out of people in other countries.

Yeah and Trump is even too fascist for him.

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

Yeah and Trump is even too fascist for him.

You can believe what you want, but understand this. Him being fascist is not a fact, it is an opinion. Much like me disagreeing with you. Someone beating up a minority for being of a certain ethnicity is a hate crime - that is a fact. I hope you are open enough to admit what you are saying is an opinion and not concrete truth, because you'll understand my next point. if something is debatable, it should be left at home. Being anti-racist is not political, it is moral. It is welcomed in the entire arena. Being anti-president is political, in which you are trying to turn moral, but it can only be debated. Let's just leave it home and support the team?

Metro4LIFE

Metro4LIFE

Electron Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,421 posts
  • Interests:Metro, Graffiti, Art, Hookers

You can believe what you want, but understand this. Him being fascist is not a fact, it is an opinion. Much like me disagreeing with you. Someone beating up a minority for being of a certain ethnicity is a hate crime - that is a fact. I hope you are open enough to admit what you are saying is an opinion and not concrete truth, because you'll understand my next point. if something is debatable, it should be left at home. Being anti-racist is not political, it is moral. It is welcomed in the entire arena. Being anti-president is political, in which you are trying to turn moral, but it can only be debated. Let's just leave it home and support the team?

Again, people have been antifa in the ESC since day one. Even before Trump. People on these boards are making it be a Trump thing. So if were to put a sign that said "Women's Equality", would that be anti Trump? When SG bring out the rainbow fags is that anti-Trump? The fact that the group has been founded on these this is now considered "against Trump" because of all his stupidity. I don't hate people because of who they voted for I hate people who try to silence others on something we actually should all be agreeing on. We should ALL not want fascist in this world. We should all want civil rights in this world but when now YOU equate being for those things as anti Trump then who is the problem? Whos the ones adding 2+2 and perpetuating the agenda?

You know what everyones response to that scarf should be if you really thought Trump wasnt a fascist? "Yeah me too, hopefully Trump can get rid of those fascist"

Soy Del Metrooooo, Del Metro soy yoooooooo!

FootballClubMaps.com :: High Quality Football Posters from around the globe. Get yours today!

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
I didn't even vote for the damn guy but let's not kid ourselves here the guy who made the scarfs is anti trump and that's what this is about. Why pretend it's not when it clearly is?

It's even more obvious than it already is when you read the guy selling the scarfs twitter...
https://mobile.twitter.com/MetroCapo

adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts

I didn't even vote for the damn guy but let's not kid ourselves here the guy who made the scarfs is anti trump and that's what this is about. Why pretend it's not when it clearly is?

It's even more obvious than it already is when you read the guy selling the scarfs twitter...
https://mobile.twitter.com/MetroCapo

Previously listed as Leftist Capo. Pretty politically charged name, right?

He reads these forums. May even post on them. Will likely be chalked up to coincidence or something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users