9 replies to this topic

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

Sometimes you have to make a personnel decision that could turn out wrong, or right, or neither. You have to go by balancing the pros and cons. Only time will tell if it was a smart decision. The "Beatles" made the decision to cut Pete Best and pick up Ringo Starr and it turned out to be right. OTOH, the Portland TrailBlazers decided to pass on Michael Jordan with the #1 pick.

kidtelex

kidtelex

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

The "Beatles" made the decision to cut Pete Best and pick up Ringo Starr and it turned out to be right. OTOH, the Portland TrailBlazers decided to pass on Michael Jordan with the #1 pick.

"I remember once we were in the studio with George Martin, and Ringo had taken three hours for a four-bar thing he was trying to fix on a song. He couldn’t get it. We said, “Mate, why don’t you get some lager and lime, some shepherd’s pie, and take an hour-and-a-half and relax a little bit.” So he did, and we called Ronnie Verrell, a jazz drummer. Ronnie came in for 15 minutes and tore it up. Ringo comes back and says, “George, can you play it back for me one more time?” So George did, and Ringo says, “That didn’t sound so bad.” And I said, “Yeah, motherfucker because it ain’t you.” Great guy, though." - Quincy Mothafuckin' Jones

Henry_Krinkle

Henry_Krinkle

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts

"I remember once we were in the studio with George Martin, and Ringo had taken three hours for a four-bar thing he was trying to fix on a song. He couldnt get it. We said, Mate, why dont you get some lager and lime, some shepherds pie, and take an hour-and-a-half and relax a little bit. So he did, and we called Ronnie Verrell, a jazz drummer. Ronnie came in for 15 minutes and tore it up. Ringo comes back and says, George, can you play it back for me one more time? So George did, and Ringo says, That didnt sound so bad. And I said, Yeah, motherfucker because it aint you. Great guy, though." - Quincy Mothafuckin' Jones

Fuck Quincy Jones and this post,ok? He apologized for his recent idiotic statements.
https://www.usatoday...omit/363412002/

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Fuck Quincy Jones and this post,ok? He apologized for his recent idiotic statements.
https://www.usatoday...omit/363412002/

He apologized, but he didnt say he lied...

Henry_Krinkle

Henry_Krinkle

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts

He apologized, but he didnt say he lied...

About Pryor? Brando? The Beatles? He wouldn't know a lie or the truth if it hit him in the head.

GMoney

GMoney

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

About Pryor? Brando? The Beatles? He wouldn't know a lie or the truth if it hit him in the head.

Worked out well because Paul McCartney got to play drums on a lot of Beatles tracks.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts
If it wasn't for Quincy Jones, we wouldn't have Rashida Jones, so he gets a pass.

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

It's Sir Ringo now.

http://www.bbc.com/n...t-arts-43472196

Dyvel

Dyvel

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Football
  • Supports:Metro

I don't like the beatles. I don't understand the obsession with them. 

When you hear a cajun fiddle
Then you're nearly in the middle
Of the last gang in town

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

I don't like the beatles. I don't understand the obsession with them. 

Top group all-time.
https://www.rollings...eatles-20110420

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users