178 replies to this topic

67% Class

67% Class

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

yup Kaku's agents are annoying with how they go about things but given his background and the people that rely on him I get why he is chasing the bag every chance he gets.  I just hope this is his agent preparing/acting like they will win the arbitration case over the option, versus that being settled in their favor.

Yeah, I can't blame him for maximizing his earnings.

I think this is just a fake excuse for not wanting to move forward with contract option and forcing a trade after Tijuana didnt pan out. His agent puts it out verbally that there is a disagreement in adherence to contract and see if RB blinks - I see very little chance that a lawyer didn't look at the actual contract when activating the clause. Didn't Messi just try something similar?

67% Class

67% Class

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Yeah, I can't blame him for maximizing his earnings.

I think this is just a fake excuse for not wanting to move forward with contract option and forcing a trade after Tijuana didnt pan out. His agent puts it out verbally that there is a disagreement in adherence to contract and see if RB blinks - I see very little chance that a lawyer didn't look at the actual contract when activating the clause. Didn't Messi just try something similar?

Edit: Wish he played like an allstar DP and wasn't distracted. He'd be moving to Europe making 10x what he's making now. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,166 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

can't blame him for maximizing his earnings.

How much does his agent get?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,070 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Yeah, its tough, I think. As a team, you can't have a reputation as a pushover who will cancel contracts at a players request, but you also don't want to be known as a team that doesn't work with players... RB already will move on from youngish talent (Ettienne, Mines...) and will sell/move on from leaders (Dax, BWP, Robles...). I'm not sure it would benefit the team to also be known to keep guys out of spite. Hope they find a way to get enough to save face, and let Kaku go.

I really would have liked to see him with better coach/system but I think that ship has sailed.   

Big clubs do this all the time. I dont see players saying no to a chance to play for real madrid or man u.

67% Class

67% Class

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Big clubs do this all the time. I dont see players saying no to a chance to play for real madrid or man u.

Sure, but RBNY is not a big team with millions of fans and a century long history. RBNY is lower down on the global soccer hierarchical pyramid and has to compete with more clubs to sign talent - I don't think keeping a player out of spite helps anyone.   

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT
How the heck is Kaku out on a free transfer? I was pretty sure we had him under contract. He was our big DP signing and we get nothing for him?

Its not like he produced much on the field. Money wasted by Red Bull. This is absolutely infuriating.

https://twitter.com/...0054409217?s=21

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

How the heck is Kaku out on a free transfer? I was pretty sure we had him under contract. He was our big DP signing and we get nothing for him?

Its not like he produced much on the field. Money wasted by Red Bull. This is absolutely infuriating.

https://twitter.com/...0054409217?s=21

The free transfer part has been disputed by a few people.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts
  • Supports:metro, barca, usa

What sucks is that we don't really know if Kaku himself was the money wasted, or if his investment was wasted by not spending more money on coaching and additional attacking talent. Younger, budget-friendly signings = guys less likely to singlehandedly change a game. 

Basically, was he Claudio Reyna wasted money or was he Thierry Henry wasted money? Stick a stud #9 in front of him, a decent coach behind him, and he's among the league leaders in assists. For me, more likely that he was Thierry Henry wasted money. Typical RBNY post mortem.

RED. BULL. OUT.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,070 posts
Kaku will leave when rbny says he can leave.

Under FIFA rules, kaku would most likely be allowed to transfer and register with another league if he claims to be a free agent. But if a club files a complaint and succeeds, kaku would have to pay damages and will most likely be banned for a few months and the club that signed him would get a transfer embargo.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,070 posts

Sure, but RBNY is not a big team with millions of fans and a century long history. RBNY is lower down on the global soccer hierarchical pyramid and has to compete with more clubs to sign talent - I don't think keeping a player out of spite helps anyone.   

red bull is a company with a lot of resources that depends on signing on unknown talents like kaku to flipp for more $$. If an agent pulls this off with rbny, then an agent of one of rb more prized players could try pull this off

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts
  • Supports:Metro

What sucks is that we don't really know if Kaku himself was the money wasted, or if his investment was wasted by not spending more money on coaching and additional attacking talent. Younger, budget-friendly signings = guys less likely to singlehandedly change a game. 

Basically, was he Claudio Reyna wasted money or was he Thierry Henry wasted money? Stick a stud #9 in front of him, a decent coach behind him, and he's among the league leaders in assists. For me, more likely that he was Thierry Henry wasted money. Typical RBNY post mortem.

Kaku's legacy post-2019 will be playing fantastic through balls into Tom Barlow, who then hit it directly at the keeper.  A wasted talent.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,202 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
So are they trading Kaku too?! Who's next Long?!????!!?
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,874 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

This feels like bad relationship just ended. The honeymoon season of 2018, drama filled 2019 and 2020, to divorce and alimony in 2021....

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts
  • Supports:metro, barca, usa

And what's that dating advice I got as a prick 20-something? "If there's always issues in your relationships maybe you're the issue."

RED. BULL. OUT.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users