104 replies to this topic

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
Armas seems like high energy... Grit.... A motivator.. Marcsh seemed he is a motivator but has more tactical acumen especially attacking..

Get attacking marquee players to offset Armas less than Marcsh attacking insight..

I see NY maybe going first month without a point...

And finishing close to last

It's a 6 billion dollar company
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

As constructed, this team isn't making the playoffs.  We don't have a good coach and we don't have the talent to make up for it.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I think last year was filed with distractions, starting with Armas having his first full season running the show, and compounded by a few guys wanting out.    I'll assume Armas will have learned somethings,  with Jesse as his mentor.    Murillo will be addition by subtraction, but I'm not willing to go that far with Taxi.    I do believe Sims will make a difference, I don't believe Matty Ice or Barlow will be much better, and White almost certainly has to regress tot he mean on his completion %.    

If Casseres becomes the guy he's hyped to become,  and we have no major injuries of key players, a core of Long, Parker, Casseres, Kaku, Sims and Royer (with decent MLS depth including Valot, Rza and Muyl) should be good enough for playoff spot... only barely, and zero hope for any sort of post season run.   

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

I'll assume Armas will have learned somethings

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=gktp4Ox3ZSg

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

So Matt trusted in the most successful USM coach.
That makes his thoughts on everything else valueless?
Or your musings on CCJ make you a sage?

Jesus christ dude I'm just going to stop responding because you're being willfully obtuse.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Walter Tymczyna

Walter Tymczyna

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, Cars, Beagles, etc...
  • Supports:Red Bulls

We barely squeak into the playoffs and lose in the first tourney game.

--- Red Bulls & NY Jets will win a championship after my lifetime so kill me now. ---

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

you're being willfully obtuse.

No. You are the one who said Doyles analysis was shit.
Not that you disagreed. Fine.
Not that it was incorrect, in your opinion. OK.
Shit.
Who are you to make such a comment?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

He went into last year saying that the different look of Rza/CCJ replacing Tyler Adams could make our midfield even stronger than it was with Adams, which was a terrible take at the time and even worse looking back.

What he said was "Casseres is an Adams-type in that he covers a lot of ground, but is really much more of an 8 than a 6. Rzatkowski provides a different look. It's conceivable that their mix-and-match skillsets actually make RBNY stronger in central midfield than they were last year with Adams."

He didn't say it was likely, he said it was conceivable, and it was.   Casseres didn't mature all that much, and Armas was incapable of designing and implementing any sort of strategic adjustment using the strengths of the players we had.    I overestimated Rza, overestimated how quickly Casseres would develop, and overestimated Armas' ability, but it was certainly conceivable, and not some fantasy.   

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

No. You are the one who said Doyles analysis was shit.
Not that you disagreed. Fine.
Not that it was incorrect, in your opinion. OK.
Shit.
Who are you to make such a comment?

I'm someone on MetroFanatic, same as everyone else on here who calls things like they see it

Sorry I used "shit" instead of "incorrect". I'll think of the children before using bad words next time.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

Sorry I used "shit" instead of "incorrect". I'll think of the children before using bad words next time.

Think of the person you are talking about.

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ
Fivethirtyeights Eastern Conference playoff odds, for what theyre worth:

Atlanta 78%
NYCFC 77%
Toronto 75%
Philly 74%
Chicago 65%
Miami 65%
RBNY 62%
Columbus 50%
New England 46%
DC United 39%
Orlando 36%
Montreal 27%
Cincinnati 5%

Higher on Chicago and Miami than most places Ive seen...

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

dunno why ppl think Chicago will do well. i think DC and NE should be a spot or two higher up. bottom 3 looks accurate. i think ATL lost a bit, personnel-wise and am surprised they're in 1st. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

dunno why ppl think Chicago will do well. i think DC and NE should be a spot or two higher up. bottom 3 looks accurate. i think ATL lost a bit, personnel-wise and am surprised they're in 1st. 

Maybe its because they have new players, staff, etc.

I think most folks thought they were dogshit last season.

They only finished 6 points behind us. The same amount of points we finished behind the Union.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Atl will not finish 1st. They lost a lot of key guys. They will make the playoffs because the east is weak.

Nycfc has a new coach but same core. If nycfc plays with the same philosophy they could finish 1st. If tactics change... who knows what will happen

Toronto will not make the playoffs. Bradley is out. Altidore is injury prone. Depth is terrible

Dc, philly, ne, and cow built up a nice core. I think rbny has a deeper team and their versatility will give rbny an edge for a playoff spot. Where rbny finishes will depend on the performance of egbo and if duncan or tolkin emerges as a capable wingback. If the D holds up. We can win the east since there is no elite team. If the d is spotty like last season, we will just make the playoffs.

The rest of the east is a dumpster fire. If a team comes out of this dump to challenge for a playoff spot, it will be orlando.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Atl will not finish 1st. They lost a lot of key guys. They will make the playoffs because the east is weak.

Nycfc has a new coach but same core. If nycfc plays with the same philosophy they could finish 1st. If tactics change... who knows what will happen

Toronto will not make the playoffs. Bradley is out. Altidore is injury prone. Depth is terrible

Dc, philly, ne, and cow built up a nice core. I think rbny has a deeper team and will their versatility will give rbny an edge for a playoff spot. Where rbny finishes will depend on the performance of egbo and if duncan or tolkin emerges as a capable wingback. If the D holds up. We can win the east since there is no elite team. If the d is spotty like last season, we will just make the playoffs.

The rest of the east is a dumpster fire. If a team comes out of this dump to challenge for a playoff spot, it will be orlando.

So, where do you see us finishing?

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users