Reserve Team

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Interests:Galaxy!!!!
  • Supports:GALAXY

Posted 10 February 2007 - 12:14 AM

This is a message for all Rito Squad

I need to know by Sunday if I should by quads for 138. They retail for about $575 but I can get them for 200 or 250 ( that includes quads, case and harness) my friend has two in stock (400 or 500). I spoke to Twigg and he said that he was going to ask everyone but know I cant get a hold of him. Let me know!!!!!!!

Diesolo

#2 haggis

haggis

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,438 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Cheebs, Kebabs, Curry Sauce, all things Axl Huckleberry and my anxiety-ridden beagle, and my wife who is my life (not necessarily in that order)<br /><br />But, he's a good beagle!
  • Supports:Galaxy, Rangers, and Good Beer!

Posted 10 February 2007 - 01:28 AM

Who's this Rito squad?

Who are you?

Can you play the drums?
Judas: "We welcomed you with open arms, but will be seeing you off with the 2 finger salute!"

BMAB: Drunkenese for By Me Another Beer!
"For fear that one drink will be lonesome, take another to keep it company, and another to keep the peace between them." -Anonymous

Hey, Kool Aid!

For the love of beer, it was a pretzel!

#3 The Snow Beast

The Snow Beast

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 03:47 AM

Quads might be something for the future , but for now a bass drum or two is what would be practicle.

Something that would accent the chants

#4 diesolo

diesolo

Reserve Team

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 05:22 AM

Well I can play...but I need to know if you guys are willing to make a contribution???

Who's this Rito squad?

Who are you?
Can you play the drums?

I was thinking about a bass drum too, but I can get us this great deal on these quads.....my friend doesn't have any bass drums for sale. Bass drums go for about $600 bucks, quads go for about $500 but I am getting a great deal!! Let me know.....

Diesolo

Quads might be something for the future , but for now a bass drum or two is what would be practicle.

Something that would accent the chants

#5 LuvKeane

LuvKeane

Player/Manager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,303 posts
  • Interests:ROY KEANE AND FOOTBALL!!! Musical theatre (Non-Sondheim!)
  • Supports:Broadway & Prawn Sandwich Brigade

Posted 10 February 2007 - 10:50 AM

Being the true band geek with all the band camp stories you could imagine...

I think quads (their up to 5 or even 6 now!) would be great because they tend to be less annoying then a snare, or even a single drum because with these, you will hear different tones. A good player can also play different rhytmic beats if we all wanted to start dancing during the matches. We could compete with the little kids that use the Pierce College fields to see who is the better SAMBA team.
WEST END = PRE-BROADWAY TRY-OUTS

#6 RazovMustDie

RazovMustDie

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Interests:Bugs, dirt, small mammals, rocks, bits of old string...
  • Supports:My intestines

Posted 10 February 2007 - 10:56 AM

I don't presume to speak for everyone, but historically, we have been anti-drums for many reasons. With the Galaxians moving next to us in 137 this year, there should already be more than enough drums within that group. I believe that Tommy Mack is going to try and coordinate the drumming and chanting so that the drums suport the chants. You can check with him -send him a PM.

But no, I will not contribute any money towards buying drums. Nothing personal...I just have no use for them.

#7 Morgoth

Morgoth

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts
  • Supports:B&G FC

Posted 10 February 2007 - 11:53 AM

if you can play it bring it

if you can't then don't
)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))+++++++++
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
++++++++++++))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

#8 diesolo

diesolo

Reserve Team

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 11:57 AM

I agree that if the galaxians are moving next to us then we would have to coordinate with them all throughout the game so the beats of the drums won't get mixed up. True to that....... I'll message TommyMack and see what he thinks...I dont have his number but if someone can call him and ask him it would make my life easier. Twigg has my number so if you guyys need me ask Twigg for it.

I don't presume to speak for everyone, but historically, we have been anti-drums for many reasons. With the Galaxians moving next to us in 137 this year, there should already be more than enough drums within that group. I believe that Tommy Mack is going to try and coordinate the drumming and chanting so that the drums suport the chants. You can check with him -send him a PM.

But no, I will not contribute any money towards buying drums. Nothing personal...I just have no use for them.

#9 TommyMack

TommyMack

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,278 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 01:52 PM

Diesolo and I are PMing as we speak. The drum issue is being tackled as a pro-active "fight fire with a controlled burn" attitude that I'm personally going to spearhead now that most of my "duties" have been absolved by the First XI.

This will,. however take time and practice. Stay tuned...

tommy "farfromgroovin" mack

#10 DirtyDefender

DirtyDefender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,068 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, US, Newcastle, England

Posted 10 February 2007 - 02:27 PM

Diesolo and I are PMing as we speak. The drum issue is being tackled as a pro-active "fight fire with a controlled burn" attitude that I'm personally going to spearhead now that most of my "duties" have been absolved by the First XI.

This will,. however take time and practice. Stay tuned...

tommy "farfromgroovin" mack

Good job Tommy.

:cheers:

#11 BARON DE BELTER

BARON DE BELTER

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,730 posts
  • Supports:LFC, DFB, WINGS

Posted 10 February 2007 - 02:48 PM

Drums are annoying, it would be nice if they were banned forever from the HDC.
HIKING METAL PUNX

#12 Morgoth

Morgoth

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts
  • Supports:B&G FC

Posted 10 February 2007 - 03:03 PM

Drums are annoying, it would be nice if they were banned forever from the HDC.

nah, you're just easily annoyed
)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))+++++++++
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
++++++++++++))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

#13 Gen'Buck'Turgidson

Gen'Buck'Turgidson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,115 posts
  • Interests:THE 5 STAGES OF LARS MEMBERSHIP
    1) LARS Worship
    2) Hyper-Enthusiasm
    3) Delusional Misbelief
    4) Cognizant Sarcasm
    5) Ambivalent Apathy
    ::: Greenwood FC :::
    --------------------
  • Supports:Pints of Jamesons

Posted 10 February 2007 - 03:17 PM

I'll admit to myself being annoying in general, and annoyed by poorly played drums.

Harnessed to the right ends, and that is supporting the chants in pace and breadth, they can be extremely valuable. If they overwhelm, they suck ass horribly.

The drum isn't the problem, it's the unskilled drummer.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which "unskilled people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it." The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average.

#14 diesolo

diesolo

Reserve Team

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 03:32 PM

I agree 100%...but I still need to know if I should get them or not. I work at a school and I am getting these quads at a great price from the music department. They are getting new instruments and the Princ. said she would hold the quads for me only for the weekend because the parents of the students also get a chance to buy them for their kids. The music teacher has also offered to give me classes after school for free ( like I told Tommy Mack I am use to playing the bass drum for my team in South America not the quads). If you guys wanna put together some money that would be great but I know to know this weekend....

I'll admit to myself being annoying in general, and annoyed by poorly played drums.

Harnessed to the right ends, and that is supporting the chants in pace and breadth, they can be extremely valuable. If they overwhelm, they suck ass horribly.

The drum isn't the problem, it's the unskilled drummer.

#15 TommyMack

TommyMack

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,278 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 04:14 PM

This matter is being taken care of. I will post something for the general masses soon.

Stay tuned.

tommy "taking this seriously" mack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users