elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

LOL
Right Winger has been our biggest need for years especially to improve on Offensive because Myul is pretty good at his Defensive winger role. 
This trade will be judged by how DE7 plays? no it will be judged how NYRB does for the next 3 months. 
As problematic as Murillo is we know the guy has MLS All Star potential.  Why bring in someone new for the back line has hardly played together.  
Now our need is a FOCUSED Murillo and an integrated Josh Sims while maintain 3rd place (not easy to due with our run of games coming up)

Focused? How is he going to be challenged? Buckmaster, lade, and Duncan will steal his starting position? Let's be real. The big need this season has bee the defensive wing positions.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

i think it's criminal that Muyl was the favorite over DE7.  Give DE7 Muyl's minutes and he'd be way ahead in development.  But, I guess DE7 "doesnt fit the system".  BS.  Whatever, good luck DE7

This. His development was totally bungled by the Marschbot, and Guys Guys You Guys Armas followed suit.

I'll never forget the derby at Yankee Stadium when Royer got hurt. DE had shown some promising flashes that July, with two assists to Royer that showed vision and skill. Dani gets hurt, and Muyl and DE start warming up. It would've been a great chance to play a heating-up young talent in a big moment on a small field where his ball control skills would count more. But when Muyl got the nod, I got a strong "thats so metro" feeling that we were going to totally screw up this kid's development. 2 years later of inconsistent minutes, here we are.

I think of the Cincy Open Cup game. He didn't put in the goals or assists, but the attack got much better when he came on. Given more deliberate development I think we would've gotten more statistically-provable contributions out of him.

I'd still love to see the team xG and offense metrics when he played vs. not.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

Focused? How is he going to be challenged? Buckmaster, lade, and Duncan will steal his starting position? Let's be real. The big need this season has bee the defensive wing positions.

They just did challenge him. He is a World Cup veteran who just got benched for a 2nd round draft pick.

You do realize its possible to work with players as opposed to threatening them - that would be Robles and Lawrences role - Lawrence called him out as not working hard and bringing it in his all star quotes.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

SoapyDish

SoapyDish

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Arsenal

So with an option to buy I guess anything short of Etienne shitting the bed at Cinci basically guarantees they sign him right? They need MLS ready players and Etienne is exactly that. I just wish we could have gotten Ndam back since he's doing nothing but wasting away and depleting his potential in the ruck of Cinci.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

So with an option to buy I guess anything short of Etienne shitting the bed at Cinci basically guarantees they sign him right? They need MLS ready players and Etienne is exactly that. I just wish we could have gotten Ndam back since he's doing nothing but wasting away and depleting his potential in the ruck of Cinci.

i think Cinci loaned out Ndam to a USL side, and reports are he is not doing well there

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts
Lol

I know how you feel bro

Etienne's tweet a little while ago.

irishstevenj

irishstevenj

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Derrick is gonna be beloved here forever and he was capable of great moments. He always felt like a square peg in a round hole in our system. It sucks that there was never an attempt to try and make the system better fit him. We chew players up and spit them out and it sucks. Derrick won us a Shield. It shoulda been (and lets face it, probably will be soon) Andy Ivan.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Lol

I know how you feel bro

We could have used Dax even now. Only if we didn't give him up for absolutely nothing in return ;)

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

and to think he hit the post/crossbar ~4 times last yr. slimmest of margins, been more careful/precise on those shots, he'd still be here. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

he hit the post/crossbar ~4 times last yr.  

Woody is only friends with Luis.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

SoapyDish

SoapyDish

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Arsenal

i think Cinci loaned out Ndam to a USL side, and reports are he is not doing well there

He's the type of guy who I feel could really only see his potential with the development we provide players. It was always kinda obvious he wouldn't do that elsewhere imo.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Lol
@DaxMcCarty11
I know how you feel bro

I like Dax but geez he needs to let it go already.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I like Dax but geez he needs to let it go already.

The big difference is that we had just signed Dax to a new long term deal.  DE's deal is up in a couple months, so he gets to go anywhere he wants on his terms, and we get nothing back.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

Lol
@DaxMcCarty11
I know how you feel bro

This is hilarious

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

They just did challenge him. He is a World Cup veteran who just got benched for a 2nd round draft pick.

You do realize its possible to work with players as opposed to threatening them - that would be Robles and Lawrences role - Lawrence called him out as not working hard and bringing it in his all star quotes.

Its been a year and a half... I am still waiting.

At this rate he is closer to joining Escobar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users