10 replies to this topic

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Say whatever you want about our "best academy in the league," right now we just have one guy one the HG squad ...while DAL has 4,  and COL, MNT and ORL all have multiple guys

https://www.mlssocce...-homegrown-team

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Most of the guys on that list are not developing since they are barely playing

Only vines and basset from COL, Aaronson from PHI, Busio from KC, Fernandez from nyrb, bwana from Sounders and choiniere from MTL are getting significant minutes with their team.

Also, col is terrible and I would not be suprised if that team cuts most of their players in dec... including their youngsters.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Only vines and basset from COL, Aaronson from PHI, Busio from KC, Fernandez from nyrb, bwana from Sounders and choiniere from MTL are getting significant minutes with their team.

Also, col is terrible and I would not be suprised if that team cuts most of their players in dec... including their youngsters.

Colorado are also trending in the right direction and are in very good form right now, 5-1-2 over their last 8. Their position in the table is a little misleading. If they continue to excel the second half of the year, I'm not so sure they're totally blowing up the squad. 

rzrhtr

rzrhtr

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

We've never had more than three players on an MLS Homegrown Game roster, and that only happened once in 2017 (Evan Louro (!), Tyler Adams and Derrick Etienne). Every other year, we've only had one.

2014: Connor Lade

2015: Sean Davis

2016: Tyler Adams

2018: Ben Mines

Also, take a look at these rosters and tell me this is a meaningful gauge of potential superstardom: https://en.wikipedia..._Homegrown_Game

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

col WAS terrible

Good point about the homegrown game as the players on that list are all over place including some who are out of the game entirely.

Still want more from our academy.  Dallas is the clear leader along with LA and then Seattle has made moves to sign a lot of young players.  We are consistently turning out 1 pro a year but I thought we would have 15+ players by this point (granted we lost a bunch overseas Tyler Miazga)

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT
Sounds like a weed delivery service.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

col WAS terrible

Good point about the homegrown game as the players on that list are all over place including some who are out of the game entirely.

Still want more from our academy.  Dallas is the clear leader along with LA and then Seattle has made moves to sign a lot of young players.  We are consistently turning out 1 pro a year but I thought we would have 15+ players by this point (granted we lost a bunch overseas Tyler Miazga)

I disagree that Dallas is a clear leader. They do fine in developing talent but they havent had a USL team to bridge the gap between MLS and the youth academy until this year. In the past, they signed a lot of guys who were not ready for MLS but had talent. Dallas failed to nurture that talent and many of these guys got cut.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

FCD is currently giving plenty of minutes to Pomykal, Servania and Cerrillo in CM (all were U20s recently) and Ferreira up top (awaiting US citizenship). all are U23 eligible for next yr's Olympics and reared in their system. and they compete with Liga MX and obvs Bayern Munich for the top prospects. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

As long as we're producing impact players consistently, I am happy.  You can't really go by 1 year's class because it could be a once in a few years golden generation, with several years of no players afterwards.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Huge college graduation year this coming year will be telling. Expecting a few HGPs out of the group, a few other guys that we pass on getting drafted and a few NYRBII players.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

If we can get one serious contributor out of RB2, the academy, whatever, then I couldn't care less the total number we send the HG game. Omir and CCJ are putting in minutes this year and looking good. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users