2) Hyper-Enthusiasm
    3) Delusional Misbelief
    4) Cognizant Sarcasm
    5) Ambivalent Apathy
    ::: Greenwood FC :::
    --------------------
  • Supports:Pints of Jamesons

Posted 06 December 2008 - 01:21 AM

just hope you know what you're getting into...

unless you really care for the education and well being of students...think about the teaching thing really carefully...

that's part of the reason why our education system is so bad... too many people can't find anything better and decide to teach but don't really care or want to. if that's you, trust me you'll burn out and be unhappy and the students won't be any better for it.

QFT
It bears repeating...
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which "unskilled people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it." The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average.

#17 -stagnant-

-stagnant-

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts
  • Supports:The guy from Illinois

Posted 06 December 2008 - 03:13 PM

just hope you know what you're getting into...

unless you really care for the education and well being of students...think about the teaching thing really carefully...

that's part of the reason why our education system is so bad... too many people can't find anything better and decide to teach but don't really care or want to. if that's you, trust me you'll burn out and be unhappy and the students won't be any better for it.

So why are you teaching? Is it your innate spelling abilities that you pass on to your students?
I think more than half of all teachers in California fall under the 'too many people can't find anything better' department. We (the people of California) have thrown more money at the school system than 50 cent at a strip club and it still sucks balls.
'There's sublime pleasure in displeasure'

#18 Zero Cool

Zero Cool

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts
  • Interests:Football
  • Supports:Google+

Posted 06 December 2008 - 03:58 PM

So why are you teaching? Is it your innate spelling abilities that you pass on to your students?
I think more than half of all teachers in California fall under the 'too many people can't find anything better' department. We (the people of California) have thrown more money at the school system than 50 cent at a strip club and it still sucks balls.

He teaches history, as he's stated several times on these boards. So for the kids who clearly take a little longer to catch on. He is a history teacher. Not a English teacher. All caught up?
Zero Cool winner of the 2012 ALMOST Goal of the Year
Isaac: So when I told you guys we were on it, I meant to say we're on the motherfucker, go back in there and relax...

#19 -stagnant-

-stagnant-

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts
  • Supports:The guy from Illinois

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:33 PM

He teaches history, as he's stated several times on these boards. So for the kids who clearly take a little longer to catch on. He is a history teacher. Not a English teacher. All caught up?

Who cares about the funnndemantels!? Thanks.

I don't think you'll be an English teacher either. It should be, 'Not AN English teacher.' Keep hitting that JC Zero!

Acid wash, it's the new black.

Posted Image

All the Cool kids are doing it! Zero I think you've found your niche!
'There's sublime pleasure in displeasure'

#20 Zero Cool

Zero Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts
  • Interests:Football
  • Supports:Google+

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:09 PM

Now I'm studying to be an English teacher?
Zero Cool winner of the 2012 ALMOST Goal of the Year
Isaac: So when I told you guys we were on it, I meant to say we're on the motherfucker, go back in there and relax...

#21 tracer

tracer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:Galaxy, m. utd, dodgers, teaching, more dodgers...more galaxy...chickens
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, Dodgers, Man Utd, USMNT

Posted 06 December 2008 - 10:27 PM

i'm teaching in the hopes that most of my students don't come out as stupid as you...

i'm surprised you used "we"... didn't know you had a job and paid taxes

yay! offseason e-fight!!!!!!!!!

p.s. only monster can point out my lack of spelling with wit... you suck

Team Tucker: You might be cool, but I am ZERO cool.  Foo

#22 S.Bones

S.Bones

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, USMNT, Foggia

Posted 06 December 2008 - 10:51 PM

Knock it off, please.

When we're talking about real life, and not Alan Gordon's relative merits, can we try to be kind? Please?

Edit: I've deleted an ugly back and forth that appeared between this post and Tracer's - so it is easy to see why Tracer would understand this comment is directed at him - it was not.

#23 tracer

tracer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:Galaxy, m. utd, dodgers, teaching, more dodgers...more galaxy...chickens

Posted 06 December 2008 - 11:04 PM

Knock it off, please.

When we're talking about real life, and not Alan Gordon's relative merits, can we try to be kind? Please?

oh now it's not ok to be sarcastic and elitist?

fuck that. my original post was sincere. but as usual i figured someone would say something stupid. it's expected with lars i suppose. no use in fighting it...

real life... phhfff... ha!

#24 Chalky

Chalky

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy

Posted 07 December 2008 - 01:35 AM

That chip on your shoulder must really get heavy

#25 El_Dude

El_Dude

Steve Sampson Groupie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Pizza and Boyzzzz! And Galaxy! And BEER!
  • Supports:no one...they support me!

Posted 07 December 2008 - 02:07 AM

i like pizza...

having spent the week trying to fill a vacancy i have in my office this past week, I am thankful i have a career. plenty of places are shedding well qualified candidates into the job market.

if you are that serious about work, try putting your resume up on hotjobs or monster or careerbuilders.

if you just want to network, try linkedin.com
STEVE SAMPSON; STILL THE GREATEST COACH OF THE LA GALAXY. EVER. PERIOD. EXCLAMATION POINT. NUF SAID. JAJAJA!

#26 Shooter

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,942 posts
  • Interests:LAGalaxy, Ebbsfleet United, Harchester United, West Ham United, Schalke 04
  • Supports:Ebbsfleet United

Posted 07 December 2008 - 02:28 AM

weak sauce... whatever.

Why the ... nevermind. Shithole .

FTR, I'm offended.

#27 Shooter

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,942 posts
  • Interests:LAGalaxy, Ebbsfleet United, Harchester United, West Ham United, Schalke 04
  • Supports:Ebbsfleet United

Posted 07 December 2008 - 02:40 AM

Losers

#28 tracer

tracer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 03:02 AM

That chip on your shoulder must really get heavy

what? you haven't heard?

bird's the word

#29 gala_usa

gala_usa

Noob fo' lyfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,833 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles, USA, Bud Light

Posted 07 December 2008 - 10:25 AM

Larry Elder is that you?

Education is not an automotive plant... The student starts at the beginning, tabula rasa and all, while the conveyor belt moves them forward, physically and chronologically. The knowledge imparted by the teachers is placed in their brains, Johnny Mnemonic-style, and by the end of the belt, they're "educated"...

There are so many factors involved... Yes, there are crappy teachers, crappy administrators (JORDAN HS I'M LOOKING AT YOU!!) and crappy situations... I was shocked years ago when I had a ninth grader come to me and say he did not know his alphabet... Not too long ago, a girl thought we fought Germany in the Revolutionary War... At the same time, I've had stimulating discussions about the merits of Chaos Theory, whether William Carlos Williams can be considered a "real" poet and whether Wilson should've intervened more directly in the League of Nations and if those actions would've avoided WWII...

One of the great things about this country's public education system is that we educate everyone... We take 'em all... The kids with mild learning disabilities, the kid who should be in college, the kid with emotional disturbances, all of them... Private schools have entrance exams and money filtering their picks (and naturally yielding higher scores, i.e. "better students")...

I'm not saying that there is no room for improvement... But until politicians stop making decisions about educational policy and bloated districts remain autonomous (and without any accountability), the money pit will grow...

Besides stagnant, if a stripper sucks balls, isn't that a good thing?

Go teachers and Dodgers...
Lakers (16x Champs) Dodgers (6x Champs) Galaxy (4x Champs) Broncos (2x Champs) LA Kings (2012 Stanley Cup Champs)
USMNT (One day, one day...)
Budlight (Weekend Champ)

It doesn't matter how simplistic you make your point, there will be someone who misunderstands you.

#30 S.Bones

S.Bones

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,713 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, USMNT, Foggia

Posted 07 December 2008 - 10:55 AM

oh now it's not ok to be sarcastic and elitist?

fuck that. my original post was sincere. but as usual i figured someone would say something stupid. it's expected with lars i suppose. no use in fighting it...

real life... phhfff... ha!

As I noted above, my comment was not directed at Tracer - although it would be easy to see how it was. I had deleted an ugly exchange that was between my post and Tracer's, and so it looked like my comment was directed at him, and it was not.

More to the point, as someone with two kids in the public system, I am very grateful for the people that have given their lives to teach them, and they have been very fortunate in that almost all of their teachers were doing the job for the reasons Tracer cited. Seriously, between them, my kids have had at least 75 teachers, and maybe three of them were phoning it in - far from the Stagnant's 50%. Teaching really is a calling - and the voice calling you has to be more than just your bank balance. The best teachers I've seen loved their kids, but loved their subject - loved learning even more. I bug my best students, the ones who have the love, to be teachers, especially male students to be elementary school teachers.

And, what Gala said.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users