#1 goldstone97

goldstone97

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts
  • Supports:Fire, Albion, Red Stars

Posted 08 March 2010 - 03:44 PM

All the details are here, but the skinny is it's $150 for coach transit & game tix to KC, Toronto and Columbus until March 26th, $175 after that. Installment payment plan is available on the store. Three trips for $150 isn't bad, is it?

When we start selling bus/game packages individually, Toronto alone will be $110, KC $80 and Columbus $60, so it's a good deal if you're going to Toronto and either or both of the other trips. Also, Toronto game tickets will not be for individual sale outside of bus/game ticket packages.

We only have a little over 100 packages available.

Questions?

:cheers:
Section 8 Chicago Chair

WB05 :: Pitch Invasion

#2 drgnsFIRE

drgnsFIRE

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire

Posted 08 March 2010 - 04:18 PM

All the details are here, but the skinny is it's $150 for coach transit & game tix to KC, Toronto and Columbus until March 26th, $175 after that. Installment payment plan is available on the store. Three trips for $150 isn't bad, is it?

When we start selling bus/game packages individually, Toronto alone will be $110, KC $80 and Columbus $60, so it's a good deal if you're going to Toronto and either or both of the other trips. Also, Toronto game tickets will not be for individual sale outside of bus/game ticket packages.

We only have a little over 100 packages available.

Questions?

:cheers:

I know it's already been brought up, and I understand the arguments that the board have made, but I still think it's completely ridiculous that those of us who are driving to Toronto instead of going on the bus are essentially stuck paying $110 for a match ticket if we aren't buying the away season ticket package.

#3 BenBurton

BenBurton

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,904 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 04:20 PM

I know it's already been brought up, and I understand the arguments that the board have made, but I still think it's completely ridiculous that those of us who are driving to Toronto instead of going on the bus are essentially stuck paying $110 for a match ticket if we aren't buying the away season ticket package.

Stub hub. What other solutions are there?

#4 drgnsFIRE

drgnsFIRE

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 04:35 PM

I would think that the option would be to make a small amount available to the people who are not taking a bus. You're asking that we pay for/cover the cost of bus transportation even though we aren't using it. That's like asking for a supporter group to, say, finance a run of scarves but telling them that the profits from it are going solely to finance a project they are not involved with or seeing any direct benefit from.

I know this is "falling on deaf ears" and my arguing the point will ultimately be a fruitless labor, but that's what's the internet's for...useless arguing. :cheers:

#5 tonyz

tonyz

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Supports:Chicago

Posted 08 March 2010 - 04:44 PM

friends in the Front Office.

#6 goldstone97

goldstone97

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 04:46 PM

I would think that the option would be to make a small amount available to the people who are not taking a bus. You're asking that we pay for/cover the cost of bus transportation even though we aren't using it. That's like asking for a supporter group to, say, finance a run of scarves but telling them that the profits from it are going solely to finance a project they are not involved with or seeing any direct benefit from.

I know this is "falling on deaf ears" and my arguing the point will ultimately be a fruitless labor, but that's what's the internet's for...useless arguing. :cheers:

What's a "small amount" exactly? And who gets to buy them? If we sell out two buses that's literally almost every game ticket accounted for. Maybe a handful leftover, but we already have a dozen other requests, so obviously most people will miss out. For three years we have committed to an away season ticket aiming to fill two buses to our three busable trips. If we changed Toronto to one bus, we'd limit the AST to one bus for all our trips.

And we obviously have to sell people riding the bus game tickets, or we'd lose thousands of dollars running a half-empty bus. Who's going to pay for a bus seat without being able to buy a game ticket as well?

It's not deaf ears to the problem, I just don't see how that's a solution.

Your time would be better spent haranguing MLS and Toronto's front office to fix the problem and allocate us more tickets to begin with. We've been trying for three years, help would be appreciated, but they're not struggling to sell tickets and have no incentive to sell us more.
Section 8 Chicago Chair

#7 drgnsFIRE

drgnsFIRE

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 05:08 PM

Well, why can't it be like everything else is...first come first serve? There's what, 50 seats on a bus? Did they just so happen to give us a round number of 100 tickets? Why can't we post the extras on the store now and those that need them can buy them until they're gone. It sucks...Toronto is one of my favorite trips and I've made every one minus the mid-week trip that first season, but you're asking those of us who are not going on the bus to pay more then half what our season ticket cost for one match ticket inside our designated section, and I just don't know that I can do that at this point.

I don't want anyone to think that I don't appreciate or understand the main point of the problem: that we can't get enough tickets from Toronto to satisfy our demand. What I don't agree with is the fact that the "extra" tickets we have that won't fit on the bus should still be made to pay the $110. It's like making single game tickets bought on our store the same price as a ticket/beer bus combo.. Yes, I know the proportions are way different, but it's essentially the same thing from where I'm looking at it.

#8 goldstone97

goldstone97

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 05:14 PM

Well, why can't it be like everything else is...first come first serve? There's what, 50 seats on a bus? Did they just so happen to give us a round number of 100 tickets?

I believe there are 56 seats on each bus and we have 117 tickets allocated. We also usually at least offer both drivers a ticket to the game, and we usually like the trip captain to have a ticket or two extra in case.

So it'd be first come first serve for a couple of tickets.

There's a chance we won't sell out both buses and then we will release the extras on that basis. We will have to see.

I don't know what else we can do to help.
Section 8 Chicago Chair

#9 tonyz

tonyz

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Supports:Chicago

Posted 08 March 2010 - 05:21 PM

I already got 2 game tickets. possibly 4 I might drive also.

#10 drgnsFIRE

drgnsFIRE

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 05:30 PM

Thanks Tom. Again, don't want you or the board to think I'm angry or just being argumentitive here, it's just frustrating for me as someone who usually does not take the bus on roadtrips to be stuck paying that much money. Who knows, I very well may end up buying the AST even though I'm only going to maybe 2 of the games and trying to find a way to finance it...I can always sell some plasma or something, right?

#11 goldstone97

goldstone97

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 05:39 PM

Thanks Tom. Again, don't want you or the board to think I'm angry or just being argumentitive here, it's just frustrating for me as someone who usually does not take the bus on roadtrips to be stuck paying that much money. Who knows, I very well may end up buying the AST even though I'm only going to maybe 2 of the games and trying to find a way to finance it...I can always sell some plasma or something, right?

Game tickets for Toronto would be $35 or $40 or so anyway even if we did sell them directly, so if you make even just one other trip on the bus, the AST for $150 is not such a bad deal, if not quite a bargain.

I know it sucks. What we really need are supporters league-wide to make a stand for MLS to increase the minimum requirement clubs have to offer away supporters.
Section 8 Chicago Chair

#12 AcmeComics

AcmeComics

Player/Manager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,436 posts
  • Interests:Tiki mugs, exotic meats and cheeses, comic books, lego, lounge music, robots, vampires, kung fu movies, kaiju non-sense, 50's sci-fi art....you know the usual stuff.
  • Supports:Fire, Bayern, DFB, Arsenal

Posted 08 March 2010 - 05:40 PM

holy fuck $80 for KC?

that is one hell of an absolutely terrible idea

is it that we don't want people to go?
you can't give the cow away and expect the last person to buy it back for you

#13 Es Brennt

Es Brennt

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,779 posts
  • Supports:FIRE

Posted 08 March 2010 - 05:51 PM

I've bought the away season ticket and driven to Toronto. It's still a deal. Secured the ticket, and still broke even when you added up the individual bus trips prices later. I knew I was attending those so it was no big deal. In one instance I sold off a KC trip.
www.theredcardna.org

#14 goldstone97

goldstone97

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 05:51 PM

holy fuck $80 for KC?

that is one hell of an absolutely terrible idea

is it that we don't want people to go?

How much would you charge and not lose a lot of money? It was $80 last year as well.
Section 8 Chicago Chair

#15 AcmeComics

AcmeComics

Player/Manager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,436 posts
  • Interests:Tiki mugs, exotic meats and cheeses, comic books, lego, lounge music, robots, vampires, kung fu movies, kaiju non-sense, 50's sci-fi art....you know the usual stuff.
  • Supports:Fire, Bayern, DFB, Arsenal

Posted 08 March 2010 - 06:01 PM

How much would you charge and not lose a lot of money? It was $80 last year as well.

We discussed this last year, you use the popular ones to subsidize KC.

Cheaper ticket, more people go. More people go the more fun it is. The more fun it is the better the trip. The better the trip the more people want to go. Raise price.
you can't give the cow away and expect the last person to buy it back for you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users