122 replies to this topic

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Carnell saying the plan was not to take too many risks and hope to "sneak one" by Cincy, and without going into whether he's right or wrong, it's just fucking sad that we've fallen so far that we're gameplanning to steal wins at home against fucking Cincinnati.

Absolutly fucking absurd approach to this game.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
On the bright side at least there's 0 chance of them finally winning MLS cup after all these years and doing it in front of some socially distanced or empty stadium. Can't win the thing since we are heading towards missing the playoffs lol

blank25

blank25

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Supports:red bulls

No matter who we use as forward they just cannot score consistently. I find Barlow, Jorgensen and White just too mediocre  to be on first team. Valot and Royer show flashes of being good but too often being caught not making the right decision to score. Have to see more of Tettah to see if is capable of filling BWP place. As a long time fan from days of Petke as a player I feel that this team is as bad as the 2009 team which failed to make playoffs. Most likely we will miss out on the playoffs  even the fact that 10 teams will make it this year. 

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls

Wake up. New permanent coach is Bradley Carnell. Our new roster is the same as this years but with some more of our USL guys added.

Sad, but yes this can actually happen.

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

Impotent offense. Don't judge offense by goals alone, also include good chances created. At this level, a mediocre team will score about 1 out of 10 good chances. This doesn't mean all our offensive players are bad. Certainly Kaku is class. There are a few mediocre like Royer. But there are quite a few that should be in USL. Maybe some of the younger ones will develop. Maybe.

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls

No matter who we use as forward they just cannot score consistently. I find Barlow, Jorgensen and White just too mediocre  to be on first team. Valot and Royer show flashes of being good but too often being caught not making the right decision to score. Have to see more of Tettah to see if is capable of filling BWP place. As a long time fan from days of Petke as a player I feel that this team is as bad as the 2009 team which failed to make playoffs. Most likely we will miss out on the playoffs  even the fact that 10 teams will make it this year. 

The strikers are guilty yes, but the midfield just cant generate opportunities for them to execute. Strikers never get the ball in dangerous spot or on the move or at least in the box to try to make something happen.

Its clear your not trying to score goals when you play with 2 6s, 3 defenders and 2 full/wingbacks.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

absurd approach to this game.

Hard to believe that he would admit this.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

The strikers are guilty yes, but the midfield just cant generate opportunities for them to execute. Strikers never get the ball in dangerous spot or on the move or at least in the box to try to make something happen.

Its clear your not trying to score goals when you play with 2 6s, 3 defenders and 2 full/wingbacks.

That and there is zero off ball movement. Cincy sits deep and everyone stands around and watches the player that is looking to play a pass. Fundamentally broken team

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Missed the game and sounds like I'm lucky to have done so. I'm seeing a lot of criticism of Nealis, did he play poorly? He had been doing well so far this season.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

Missed the game and sounds like I'm lucky to have done so. I'm seeing a lot of criticism of Nealis, did he play poorly? He had been doing well so far this season.

Don't think he had a bad game. It's more the offense had a terrible game.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

Maybe an extended run of soporific attacking performances get Thelwell fully into our impatient and disgusted mentality, and he actually does sign Cavani.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Nealis, did he play poorly?

No one played well IMO.
FCC consistently attacked on his side,
which tells me they perceived weakness.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

With 5 defenders and two forwards we are giving up the midfield. We just faced two of the worst teams in the League at home, and in each case gave up possession of the ball. It was nice to get a couple of finishes against DC, but both DC and Cincy created as many or more quality chances as we did, while out possessing us. It's pretty sad really.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

With 5 defenders and two forwards we are giving up the midfield. We just faced two of the worst teams in the League at home, and in each case gave up possession of the ball. It was nice to get a couple of finishes against DC, but both DC and Cincy created as many or more quality chances as we did, while out possessing us. It's pretty sad really.

FWIW, as over-rated as possession numbers can be, and say what you want about Davis, our possession falls apart without him.   And since we have no attacking punch, possession matters to us.  Yearwood should fix that once he gets acclimated, but Casseres is not a strong possession guy.  I haven't looked at his passing numbers,  but I doubt they are good.  

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

FWIW, as over-rated as possession numbers can be, and say what you want about Davis, our possession falls apart without him.   And since we have no attacking punch, possession matters to us.  Yearwood should fix that once he gets acclimated, but Casseres is not a strong possession guy.  I haven't looked at his passing numbers,  but I doubt they are good.  

I can't tell if its a product of Davis not being there, or the new formation, but the central midfield has been a black hole lately.

The raw numbers between Davis and CCJ are surprisingly similar given the eye test says that CCJ is much more of a loose cannon with his passing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users