#31 Caasi Gohd

Caasi Gohd

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,780 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Pachuca

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:37 PM

Nevermind that. Where's this week's preview?

I've been busy this week. That Section 108 kid is pretty good at writing though, you should hit him up.

#32 prrnrngr

prrnrngr

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts
  • Interests:The LA galaxy, The Sox, The DC5
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, Boston Red Sox

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:42 PM

Ok, so first thing tomorrow I'm calling and saying I cant afford the 2nd ticket...that I already have and seeing if I can get 100 off...if not..... Second thing, who puts the PASSWORD to our account manager in regular usps mail?!?!?! WTF?

#33 tracer

tracer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:Galaxy, m. utd, dodgers, teaching, more dodgers...more galaxy...chickens
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, Dodgers, Man Utd, USMNT

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:41 AM

Ok, so first thing tomorrow I'm calling and saying I cant afford the 2nd ticket...that I already have and seeing if I can get 100 off...if not..... Second thing, who puts the PASSWORD to our account manager in regular usps mail?!?!?! WTF?

yea that bugged me as well... someone tell them to get smarter about that.

Team Tucker: You might be cool, but I am ZERO cool.  Foo

#34 Slug

Slug

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy, U.S.A.

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:46 PM

Ok, so first thing tomorrow I'm calling and saying I cant afford the 2nd ticket...that I already have and seeing if I can get 100 off...if not.....

Let us know how that goes. I was thinking of doing the something similar.

Let's Eat!

#35 GiveMeTheGalaxy

GiveMeTheGalaxy

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Interests:Music, Soccer, Baseball (Cubs), reading non-fiction & classics, surfing (the internet) and working for the man (Just kidding)
  • Supports:Galaxy, USMNT, Arsenal, Cubs

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:48 PM

there is a new "provision" which is not publicized to handle this prob. You can not subtract seats and then add new one. I had 2 in 138 & 2 in 131 (midseason Inter deal @ 20 a seat) but i didn't want the 131 seats for 2011. Tried to add 3rd seat in 138 at the discount price. During conversations last week with aaron he said this was cool, but my agreement charged full price.

Long boring story shortened - "New seats only" for renewing STHs

#36 samoabob

samoabob

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts
  • Supports:LA GALAXY! Liverpool FC

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:24 PM

there is a new "provision" which is not publicized to handle this prob. You can not subtract seats and then add new one. I had 2 in 138 & 2 in 131 (midseason Inter deal @ 20 a seat) but i didn't want the 131 seats for 2011. Tried to add 3rd seat in 138 at the discount price. During conversations last week with aaron he said this was cool, but my agreement charged full price.

Usually they are pretty good about stuff like that. Try calling again to see if he can change it. I told them that I was buying a season ticket through a friends name and he was not renewing but I was and Kristin gave me the prorated discounted price this year.

#37 Caasi Gohd

Caasi Gohd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,780 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:35 PM

Your case is pretty unique bc of the tickets you had elsewhere, but long story shortened, I think it's pretty common sense.

You can't drop a ticket you already had and then expect to be allowed to re-add it at the promo rate. Kudos to you if you somehow hoodwink a ticket rep to let you do that but honestly guys!

#38 prrnrngr

prrnrngr

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:39 PM

I think I'm going to drop a ticket and then just "refer" my GF and pick up an extra 90 bucks.

#39 GiveMeTheGalaxy

GiveMeTheGalaxy

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Interests:Music, Soccer, Baseball (Cubs), reading non-fiction & classics, surfing (the internet) and working for the man (Just kidding)
  • Supports:Galaxy, USMNT, Arsenal, Cubs

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:51 PM

dude, i am getting more pissed as I think of this. I understand what you imply about people taking advantage and that should be common sense, but like you said my situation is unique. I simply took advantage of a mid season promotion, with no commitment for 2011. I really am over not getting the discount, but they way it was handled by the ticket rep sucked. I spoke with Aaron over the phone and via email and both times he quoted me discounted price. Then they sent me an full price agreement without saying anything. Then i asked about the discount and he charged my card then said i don't get a discount. He basically accused me of trying to pull a fast one on them. Even though it was his mistake he took no accountability and gave me the lip service. I never had a single prob w/ Kristen. i think i might just cancel my season tickets and buy like josh..... maybe he has the right idea

well thx for letting me vent.

#40 samoabob

samoabob

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts
  • Supports:LA GALAXY! Liverpool FC

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:57 PM

buy like josh

NOT this

#41 Caasi Gohd

Caasi Gohd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,780 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:04 PM

I think I'm going to drop a ticket and then just "refer" my GF and pick up an extra 90 bucks.

George,

Sounds like a plan but don't come back here and bitch if the FO/Ticket Rep tells you that dropping your ticket makes you ineligible to "refer" others.

If you fail, let me know and I'll refer Rebecca. I could always use an extra $100 in my pocket. :pint:

#42 prrnrngr

prrnrngr

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:28 PM

George,

Sounds like a plan but don't come back here and bitch if the FO/Ticket Rep tells you that dropping your ticket makes you ineligible to "refer" others.

If you fail, let me know and I'll refer Rebecca. I could always use an extra $100 in my pocket. :pint:

Didn't even think of that.....i wonder how many loopholes the galaxy filled, knowing the bargain force that is LARS.

#43 prrnrngr

prrnrngr

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 12:08 AM

I never had a single prob w/ Kristen. i think i might just cancel my season tickets and buy like josh..... maybe he has the right idea

I'm in agreement with being pissed about the discount for adding a second ticket this season, instead of rewarding past multiple sts. Season tickets sales are final though. "Renewals are final; there are no exchanges, cancellations, or refunds."

#44 Caasi Gohd

Caasi Gohd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,780 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 09:45 AM

I'm in agreement with being pissed about the discount for adding a second ticket this season, instead of rewarding past multiple sts. Season tickets sales are final though. "Renewals are final; there are no exchanges, cancellations, or refunds."

Remember when we told you guys that we needed to get to 300 Season Tickets and we would get a price decrease? Problem is, we didn't get to that number so it's kind of hard for us to complain too much at this point.

More importantly, and this is key, benefits are going to be aimed at our group, aimed at growing our group, and can't be tailored to the liking of each individual. In that regard, I ask you to think a bit more of the collective. Look, those of us who have worked on things with the FO were at the lower price bracket. That means that while many of you enjoyed a price decrease (including the price for new members) OUR prices went UP. It's something we're willing to take if it means that we can grow the group.

We're slowly working with our new rep to change things so that our season ticket benefits have REAL value to LARS. The $100 referral program and the 10 month payment plan are part of that. The 21st ticket (vs. Chivas USA) and the discounted trip to San Jose are part of that. The season ticket holder gift & event are going to be part of that as well, and I'm sure you're going to want to be in on those last 2.

As a group, if we want lower prices though, we need to hit that 300 Season Ticket Holder mark. We have 300 plus at the stadium week in and week out, and at $20 or $23 per match to be paid over 10 months, you've got a good deal. Take advantage of it.

#45 Gen'Buck'Turgidson

Gen'Buck'Turgidson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,116 posts
  • Interests:THE 5 STAGES OF LARS MEMBERSHIP
    1) LARS Worship
    2) Hyper-Enthusiasm
    3) Delusional Misbelief
    4) Cognizant Sarcasm
    5) Ambivalent Apathy
    ::: Greenwood FC :::
    --------------------
  • Supports:Pints of Jamesons

Posted 11 September 2010 - 11:11 AM

You people who think canceling a ticket and then adding one deserves you a $100 bill from the Galaxy FO need to have a brain transplant.

It isn't a mother fucking bailout plan from AEG for dumbshits who love soccer. It is a way to INCREASE Season Ticket Holders in LARS.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which "unskilled people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it." The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users