18 replies to this topic

tynian16

tynian16

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Waiting on pins and needles for the announcement detailing our reinforcements for next year: academy kid #1, academy kid #2, USL guy #1, etc...

Here you go...

https://www.metro.us...bulls-homegrown

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

Here you go...

https://www.metro.us...bulls-homegrown

Did they really say that the RBNY academy system is "one of the best in the world"?  :blink:

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Reports say Ben Mines might get a HG deal over the offseason? 

I get the HG hype, but really think that's a waste of a roster spot.  Unless he'll leave otherwise, give him a full season with RBII.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

I get the HG hype, but really think that's a waste of a roster spot.  Unless he'll leave otherwise, give him a full season with RBII.

standard path for highly rated youth players.  1st team deal with full season at NYRB2 with possible first team occasional call ups.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

standard path for highly rated youth players.  1st team deal with full season at NYRB2 with possible first team occasional call ups.

Every Metzger or Basuljevic or Allen or Mines with a first team deal is one less depth player to fill in for when our defensive starters inevitably get injured.  A player who will get 0 minutes is just a waste of a roster spot that could be filled with a legit backup/sub while the kids play full time with the reserves.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

There are two roster spots that can only be filled by MLS homegrown players on each team so there is space for him.  And his salary doesn't count against the cap.  Win for us because he is our best non-1st team prospect in the system.  They need to sign him and Politz this offseason.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Every Metzger or Basuljevic or Allen or Mines with a first team deal is one less depth player to fill in for when our defensive starters inevitably get injured.  A player who will get 0 minutes is just a waste of a roster spot that could be filled with a legit backup/sub while the kids play full time with the reserves.

MLS rules have spots 24-30 on roster specifically set aside for players like them. They basically either needs to be a homegrown or minimum salary player, so unfortunately its not an option just to swap Mines with a potential starter. Plus they can always loan them for RB2 for the year if needed.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

The homegrown signings are good. Let's hope they complement them with meaningful transfers as well.

DP3

DP3

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Fulham
If we ever need to rely on our #24-30 roster players to seriously contribute our season is likely already over haha

irishstevenj

irishstevenj

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts

I've liked what I've seen from Mines at RB2 so far. You know, for a 17-year old kid. 

Getting him on the development path of an Adams type and avoiding college is huge. Especially when, in two years, we might be in the market for a new striker. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

also homegrown players are exempt from the expansion draft.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

Did they really say that the RBNY academy system is "one of the best in the world"?  :blink:

chillax, its a KDyer article ;)

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

yeah, also means we have the best qualifying time at Monza and Suzuka, that chassis and engine combo, yo...

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

If we ever need to rely on our #24-30 roster players to seriously contribute our season is likely already over haha

Etienne almost played 1000 minutes this year haha

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

Players reared in the system:

Tyler 32gp 30gs 2774' 2g 6a

Davis 37gp 29gs 2486' 2g 5a

Muyl 36gp 25gs 2346' 3g 4a

Lade 24gp 17gs 1569' 0g 2a

Haitian Messi 22gp 8gs 856' 0g 2a

Duka + Metzger, minimal.

I'll admit, 7g 19a is not much and this group is 25% of the roster, but maybe less than 15% of the cap. They do need to produce more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users