170 replies to this topic

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Supports:Metro
God I love Abang. He's got to be on a 10 year contract with some huge cancellation penalty. Makes absolutely no sense.
Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Right Back

Right Back

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • Interests:RedBullOut
  • Supports:Metro, RedBullOut

who cares if he's knowingly breaking local statutes when already operating on a very short leash?

Color me more annoyed with our legal system than him for the offense. I see your point, he should be avoiding even seemingly minor risks like this one. My point is he didn't do anything I'd characterize as ethically wrong, and it would be odd if it were the 'last straw' if it doesn't end up affecting his working status. 

#RedBullOut

Rats get fat, good men die.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,380 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

more annoyed with our legal system than him. 

Unfortunately, I have seen people lose jobs and careers over a minor marijuana bust. Also seen people face deportation for a second possession offense.
Despite his stupidity, time to legalize this.
No one would care if he had an open container.
Back in the day, a small bit would get dumped in a sewer or flushed in front of the guy, so he would not think that it was a jack.
Dont ask me how I know this.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

Even more absurd given that the NJ legislature is actively debating legalization and the governor campaigned on it. 

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,776 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT
Even if its legalized in Jersey, it can still be tested for within MLS, much like the GNC supplements were with Jon Conway and Jeff Parke.

The guy is an idiot for risking it, but since he never seems to have consequences, then hey why not?
2013, 2015 and 2018 Supporters Shield Winners
As Long As We're Breathing

@CurseofCaricola

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid
More concerned about him just not being good enough and the issues while on loan in Romania. Those haven't been strong enough arguments to get him off the roster, would be weird if pot was a dealbreaker in 2019.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,776 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT

More concerned about him just not being good enough and the issues while on loan in Romania. Those haven't been strong enough arguments to get him off the roster, would be weird if pot was a dealbreaker in 2019.

Meanwhile Tchani sits without a team for this exact (and pretty much only) reason.
2013, 2015 and 2018 Supporters Shield Winners
As Long As We're Breathing

@CurseofCaricola

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,380 posts

Meanwhile Tchani sits without a team

Bring him in and put both of them in a steel cage!
Whoever walks out first makes the roster!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

I always wondered why it was pronounced A-bong, rather than A-bang.

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

I always wondered why it was pronounced A-bong, rather than A-bang.

PS -  Should he stick around, his new nickname has to be smokes.  Anatole "Smokes" Abang

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,380 posts

new nickname has to be ... Anatole "Smokes" Abang

I was going to go to work, but then I got high!
Going to start the next game, then I got high!
I got lost along the way,
Could not find RBA!
So I did not get to play, coz I got high!

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I'm somewhat seriously considering a 420 Abang jersey.

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,545 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Meanwhile Tchani sits without a team for this exact (and pretty much only) reason.

...and yet Shalrei Joseph managed to carve out a nice career for himself in far less forgiving times

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Sorry, I'm not aware of what you're referring to - are you saying teams aren't touching Tchani because of a pot bust? If so, I find that dumb. Sign him!

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,545 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Sorry, I'm not aware of what you're referring to - are you saying teams aren't touching Tchani because of a pot bust? If so, I find that dumb. Sign him!

more for the associated stoner attitude

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users