133 replies to this topic

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,461 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, US, Russia

Ream and Tchani are prolly the last draft picks that consistently saw starting minutes for us.  

Duvall?

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

Duvall?

Ah, right.  Forgot about him. 

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Duvall wasn't that long ago, but this team has changed a lot in 5 years. 

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Probably fair to say that Meara would be our #1 today if not for the injuries

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,541 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Making Moves!  So exciting!

With that name, how can he not be awesome?   Buying my Roy Boateng jersey right now.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,761 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

what did we trade?

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,355 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

https://www.mlssocce...ers/roy-boateng

Ives got it right:

22. NEW YORK RED BULLS - Roy Boateng, UC-Davis, Central Defender

The Red Bulls need center back depth after unloading Aurelien Collin and losing Hassan Ndam in the expansion draft. They could be tempted to take Virginia bruiser Prosper Figbe, but Boateng is more athletic and counts as a domestic player due to him possessing a green card.

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

100k in GAM for the 16th pick to take Roy Boateng, a big CB from UC Davis.  100k seeps steep, but eh.

Edit: We took the pick outright instead of trading.

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,761 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

wow.  yeah def seems like we overpaid.  isnt the value of all of philly's draft picks equal to like $250k in GAM?

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

wow.  yeah def seems like we overpaid.  isnt the value of all of philly's draft picks equal to like $250k in GAM?

150k plus up to 50k based on performance of those picked.

Would rather us try to get Ndam back for 100k, but maybe they were ready to try again with another big African CB.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,541 posts

yeah, but only the first and maybe second pick they got are worth anything at all

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,921 posts

Funny money.

Realistically only the top 10-15 (if even that anymore) have a shot at playing real minutes at some point. Worth moving up if you liked a guy because the rest of the picks are pretty much worthless.

Top defensive player in his league not one, but two years in a row, That says something, no flash in the pan.

That said...

Edit: Pick #16 LOL, time will tell, but at least they grabbed someone at our greatest need for restocking the depth cupboard.

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

We also got the first pick in the second round from Cincinnati. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,541 posts

https://www.mlssocce...ers/roy-boateng

Ives got it right:

22. NEW YORK RED BULLS - Roy Boateng, UC-Davis, Central Defender

The Red Bulls need center back depth after unloading Aurelien Collin and losing Hassan Ndam in the expansion draft. They could be tempted to take Virginia bruiser Prosper Figbe, but Boateng is more athletic and counts as a domestic player due to him possessing a green card.

blind squirrel, broken clock...

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,173 posts

So Philly sold 5 picks for 150-200K, and we bought 2 picks for 100K.

Strange, but whatever.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users