121 replies to this topic

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

TAM/GAM or TAM/GAM + Amaya or maybe Allan Cruz?

Cruz wouldn't start for a USL team and he is a DP. Hoping we dont bring him in.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Cruz wouldn't start for a USL team and he is a DP. Hoping we dont bring him in.

Fair enough, dont go out of my way to watch Cincy. Looked him up on FIFA and saw he was a high work rate player and thought that would fit here.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
God this seems a bad move - again comes down to if we bring in a better player either at CB or use the $ to get better elsewhere which it seems we never do.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Amaya is the only one of their roster i'd be happy taking on (if we still get cash with him).  But i do wonder if they would ask for Brandon Vasquez to see if we could turn him around.  We are suckers for projects like that.   

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts

Amaya is the only one of their roster i'd be happy taking on (if we still get cash with him).  But i do wonder if they would ask for Brandon Vasquez to see if we could turn him around.  We are suckers for projects like that.   

Have enough projects at striker though, and probably adding another one in Harper this window or in the summer.

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

How much allocation does Cincy even have left after they blew it all in their expansion year. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I think they get extra. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
Allocation money + the #2 overall pick wouldnt be terrible.

Could take Ethan Bartlow the CB from Washington University who is Generation Adidas. At most hes on the supplemental roster so they pick up a 5th CB without clogging the senior roster.

Know its college so consider the level, but looks like a much better passer than Parker

https://youtu.be/wDbHn8u4dzU

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

I want to see what we end up getting, but my gut feeling is that this is a bad move.  Moving on a known, probably above average MLS CB for some magic beans and the hope that a player who was not great at a quite bad Miami team will pan out?  Not a fan unless it's a boatload of allocation cash that we plan on actually using.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Remember when all reports said that they will give our new coach the resources and spending money he needs to build a team? Well since this is MLS, those resources include cap space (which parker was probably eating up a lot of) and allocation money (which moving Parker will probably get us a lot of).

Yes he is one of our best players but if we can translate his outbound transfer into a striker then I think you make this move any day of the week.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
This is a terrible move unless they know with a high level of certainty that Reyes is the real deal. He did little at Miami to suggest that. And at a reported price tag of 2+ million what is the likelihood of corporate turning this around for a profit?

This is one of those moves the Thelwell era better get right.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Remember when all reports said that they will give our new coach the resources and spending money he needs to build a team? Well since this is MLS, those resources include cap space (which parker was probably eating up a lot of) and allocation money (which moving Parker will probably get us a lot of).

Yes he is one of our best players but if we can translate his outbound transfer into a striker then I think you make this move any day of the week.

Im not buying. Parker is a consistently good MLS starter who doesnt get injured and is in the prime of his career. And we have been one of the lowest spenders in MLS.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

We had one of the best defenses in league history just 2 years ago. Now Long might be the only one left...

In MLS, I will always take the known quantity over the unknown.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
Exactly....it makes no sense to trade away Parker or Long. Doesnt RedBull have enough Garber bucks to pay down their contract impact to the salary cap?

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ
I just don’t get it. Seemed like an obvious guy to extend and keep for the long haul. Non intl, non NT, prime years ahead of him, long history of top performance, fairly local. Would’ve been one less position to worry about. Just another role to fill when we had a proven commodity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users